Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Cable News

Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post

Darkoz, I don’t think anybody’s trying to exonerate Chauvin. I’m just looking at it from the defense standpoint. What would I do if I was Chauvin’s lawyer? All I’m saying is Chauvin does have a case, more so than I think some people think.

Here’s his case: Chauvin is a police officer and was called to arrest someone for committing a crime. That person resisted arrest for 10 minutes. That person was high on drugs. Chauvin and two other police officers then restrained Floyd while they called an ambulance. I’m still unclear why the ambulance was called because it was called two minutes after they were sitting on him.

The police used a technique to restrain Floyd which is part of police protocol. During the time Floyd was restrained he died. Like I said, there’s no one who doesn’t think the restraint was overboard. But if you’re going to convict Cheuvan of some type of murder you have to show intent to kill. And that’s going to be harder to prove then people think.

Bystanders pointing out Floyd wasn’t moving and other things bystanders were saying can be dismissed by the defense as the cops hearing this kind of complaining on a daily basis, so over time the cops have become tone deaf to it. I mean I watch these reality cop shows sometimes and cops are always being yelled at and disrespected in these neighborhoods.

The first autopsy will be used by the defense to support other factors being involved in Floyd’s death, such as a heart condition and drugs. Obviously, the officers sitting on him was the main contributing cause. I don’t think anybody questions that. But the autopsy report does give the defense some ammunition.

Floyd’s criminal record will not be admissible in court, but what happened that day will be. Floyd wasn’t a model criminal that day. His actions led to the reason he was restrained.

I have no idea how the case will turn out, but Chauvin does have a defense. I expect he will be found guilty on some lesser charge of police brutality. I do not believe he will be convicted of third-degree murder, from what I read third-degree murder is. It’ll be interesting to see what happens. If it doesn’t turn out the way the liberals want, watch out.

And I do think if our criminal justice system had done its job this would’ve never happened. Floyd would’ve been sitting in jail behind bars rather than out in society committing another crime.
    I agree and the defense has every right to argue their case to the fullest

I do disagree about proving 3rd degree murder which is one of his charges. They may not prove 2nd degree but 3rd I think the video says it all.

The 3rd degree statute in Minnesota is a bit different than I believe elsewhere

609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.
    (a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

Notice the very first line. Whoever WITHOUT INTENT to effect the death...

I.E. they don't have to prove Derek Chauvin had any intent to murder Floyd. All they have to prove is depraved indifference to human life.

Hmmm!
    Good point! Yeah, third degree murder fits.

But the fact there were two other cops on Floyd will make it difficult to prove who killed him. I looked at the video again and the cop in the middle had both knees on Floyd, meaning all his weight was on Floyd.

At least Chauvin had one knee on the pavement, indicating his whole weight wasn’t on Floyd’s neck. And the first autopsy didn’t see signs of strangulation. Also, at one point Floyd cries out his stomach hurts, meaning the weight of the cop on his back was hurting him.

If they can’t prove which cop killed him, it’s difficult to convict either one. It actually works to Chauvin’s favor there was more than one cop on top of Floyd.

There’s a lot for a defense attorney to work with in these videos. Even Chauvin pulling out his mace can about half way through the video indicates Chauvin’s state of mind, and that he was in a defensive mindset.

No doubt about it, the video looks bad...and Chauvin could get convicted for 3rd degree murder. But if the jury finds him innocent of 3rd degree murder, I wouldn’t be surprised either.

I’ll be watching the trial. If it looks like Chauvin might be acquitted, people need to stock up on things because we could be headed to Armageddon.
    From what I read a few days ago in an article (can't find it out but I don't have time at the moment to dig) is it's the combination of restraining the neck plus putting pressure on the back which compresses the lungs inward.

I don't know any place in the USA where you take part in a murder and say not guilty cause the other guy did it. Usually it winds up with everyone going to jail, not everyone getting off. But hey these are cops, right?

The one with his knees on back is heard saying on police bodycam that they should turn him around onto his stomach. Chauvin says to leave him in his current position which is against police policy. I believe that's another reason Chauvin is getting the brunt. His verbal order on the bodycam which goes against the department policy.

As to the officer saying they should turn him over that's a wash.

Defense: see that proves he knew it was wrong and tried to get Chauvin to do the right thing.

Prosecution: see that proves he knew it was wrong but acquiesced to Chauvin basically joining in.

See how easy it is to spin it either way.

There is one more piece of evidence that is pretty damning in my opinion. The 911 call.

Apparently it was made early into the 9 minutes when Floyd was just restrained. They noticed he was having some form of medical emergency.

If the officers felt there was a legit medical emergency then why the need for a neck restraint? He is flat on the floor with a medical emergency requiring EMT assistance and Chauvin decides 9 minutes of choking is smart? I think any claim they were concerned for their safety goes out the window

I agree and the defense has every right to argue their case to the fullest

I do disagree about proving 3rd degree murder which is one of his charges. They may not prove 2nd degree but 3rd I think the video says it all.

The 3rd degree statute in Minnesota is a bit different than I believe elsewhere

609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.
    (a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

Notice the very first line. Whoever WITHOUT INTENT to effect the death...

I.E. they don't have to prove Derek Chauvin had any intent to murder Floyd. All they have to prove is depraved indifference to human life.

Hmmm!
    Good point! Yeah, third degree murder fits.

But the fact there were two other cops on Floyd will make it difficult to prove who killed him. I looked at the video again and the cop in the middle had both knees on Floyd, meaning all his weight was on Floyd.

At least Chauvin had one knee on the pavement, indicating his whole weight wasn’t on Floyd’s neck. And the first autopsy didn’t see signs of strangulation. Also, at one point Floyd cries out his stomach hurts, meaning the weight of the cop on his back was hurting him.

If they can’t prove which cop killed him, it’s difficult to convict either one. It actually works to Chauvin’s favor there was more than one cop on top of Floyd.

There’s a lot for a defense attorney to work with in these videos. Even Chauvin pulling out his mace can about half way through the video indicates Chauvin’s state of mind, and that he was in a defensive mindset.

No doubt about it, the video looks bad...and Chauvin could get convicted for 3rd degree murder. But if the jury finds him innocent of 3rd degree murder, I wouldn’t be surprised either.

I’ll be watching the trial. If it looks like Chauvin might be acquitted, people need to stock up on things because we could be headed to Armageddon.
    From what I read a few days ago in an article (can't find it out but I don't have time at the moment to dig) is it's the combination of restraining the neck plus putting pressure on the back which compresses the lungs inward.

I don't know any place in the USA where you take part in a murder and say not guilty cause the other guy did it. Usually it winds up with everyone going to jail, not everyone getting off. But hey these are cops, right?

The one with his knees on back is heard saying on police bodycam that they should turn him around onto his stomach. Chauvin says to leave him in his current position which is against police policy. I believe that's another reason Chauvin is getting the brunt. His verbal order on the bodycam which goes against the department policy.

As to the officer saying they should turn him over that's a wash.

Defense: see that proves he knew it was wrong and tried to get Chauvin to do the right thing.

Prosecution: see that proves he knew it was wrong but acquiesced to Chauvin basically joining in.

See how easy it is to spin it either way.

There is one more piece of evidence that is pretty damning in my opinion. The 911 call.

Apparently it was made early into the 9 minutes when Floyd was just restrained. They noticed he was having some form of medical emergency.

If the officers felt there was a legit medical emergency then why the need for a neck restraint? He is flat on the floor with a medical emergency requiring EMT assistance and Chauvin decides 9 minutes of choking is smart? I think any claim they were concerned for their safety goes out the window
    Darkoz, you’re kind of missing my point. Of course the prosecution has a strong case. Anybody who has watched the video can see that. You don’t need to explain the prosecution’s case to me. It goes almost without saying.

My only point is many people think Chauvin has no defense. They are surprised he’s even allowed to go to trial. People like MWP would like to burn him at the stake without a trial. I’ve even seen several conservatives on this site say almost as much. That has surprised me.

My only point is Chauvin has a defense. And I think it’s much stronger than people realize.

I’m old school and believe a little street justice by our police isn’t such a bad thing. I’ll be honest I’m not too sympathetic to a career criminal dieing at the hands of police while resisting arrest, and this has nothing to do with this case. I’m just talking in general.

And this has nothing to do with white and black issue, even though the liberals have tried to make it a race thing.

Back in the old west days, when the sheriff and his posse caught a cattle rustler, he was strung up. And contrary to what the liberals want you to believe they were a lot of white people who were lynched. No one screamed for justice for the criminal back then. They were glad law enforcement took care of the problem without bringing the criminal back to town.

Today everyone cares only about the criminal’s rights, and few care about police. There is a reason so many police die in the line of duty, and so many police commit suicide. Through all this, I learned police suicides are higher than the amount that die in line of duty.

Police have a thankless job with the liberals and media constantly criticizing every move they make, and type casting all of them because of a couple bad apples.... and then constantly defending the bad guy.

When I heard of the George Floyd situation and loooked into, I was more outraged at our criminal justice system. I know I’m in the minority though. I thought how can someone go to prison 9 times and still be out on the street committing crimes. That’s the real travesty.

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post

That's factually inaccurate. In the State of Minnesota, third-degree murder does not require intent to kill. Specifically, it can merely require indifference to whether or not the person lives or dies. If I had to express Chauvin's facial expressions throughout in a word, "Indifferent," would be on my short list. In fact, Third-Degree Murder is the charge they use specifically for absence of intent.

EDIT-ADDED----Sorry, I see this part was already addressed.

You would definitely make the argument, but I'm not sure it holds water when you're talking about the better part of ten minutes.

I have no idea how the case will turn out, but Chauvin does have a defense. I expect he will be found guilty on some lesser charge of police brutality. I do not believe he will be convicted of third-degree murder, from what I read third-degree murder is. It’ll be interesting to see what happens. If it doesn’t turn out the way the liberals want, watch out.

And I do think if our criminal justice system had done its job this would’ve never happened. Floyd would’ve been sitting in jail behind bars rather than out in society committing another crime.
    Yeah, some sort of police brutality or maybe involuntary manslaughter.

Ask you this: Now knowing third-degree does not require intent, if the prosecution offered you a plea deal for Involuntary Manslaughter, and you're Chauvin's attorney, do you take the deal?
    Yes, I would take it. Like you said, for almost 10 mins doing what he did is hard to justify.

But I doubt if the prosecution politically will be able to do that, meaning offer Chauvin a plea deal. It’d look like they were letting Chauvin off easy. I think they will have to go forward with the 3rd degree murder charges, which might be an overreach. I mean some people want 1st degree murder charges. There’s a big group like MWP that wants Chauvin burned at the stake without any trial.

There are several articles about Minneapolis neck resistant procedures. It can be used in theee cases. And Chauvin use of it fits one of those cases, based on what Floyd did. So Chauvin was technically following police protocol.

Then the question becomes when should Chauvin have stopped. That’s a more difficult question to answer than people think. Obviously, Floyd saying he can’t breath isn’t good for Chauvin.

The couple things Chauvin has going for him is the autopsy report and other police were kneeing on Floyd too. How can the defense prove who really killed him?

I agree it’s hard to watch, and it’s hard to see Chauvin not understanding what it looked like to others. I expect in Chauvin’s mind he felt he was just implementing a move he was taught to restrain a man who continually resisted arrest. There is no question Chauvin took it too far. But to say he intended to kill a man that day is ridiculous.

Like you said, 3rd degree doesn’t require “intent” so they have a chance to get him on that. But it could fail. It’s definitely not a slam dunk case.
    I'd like to think that they should. I would hold police to a higher criminal standard for stuff of this nature, since they're supposed to be the ones enforcing the law, anyway, but if we're essentially trying him on a civilian crime...then he should get the same treatment under the law anyone else would. If the prosecution would normally be inclined to offer a plea bargain, then a plea bargain should be offered here. That's also why he should have been arrested straight away, of course...a couple weeks ago the big argument I was having with some people is if you had me (as a civilian) doing that to someone for ten minutes, on video, I'm in jail immediately while the investigation takes place.

But, there's a legal process that applies to everyone and should not change based on who the person is. If he were to be offered Involuntary Manslaughter, accept, get hit with something reasonably close to the maximum prison sentence for it and everyone flips out, then they're just flipping out about the justice system doing its job.

I'm not a lawyer, but were I the prosecutor, my play would be I'm going to bring charges for third-degree murder unless he takes involuntary manslaughter. If denied, I'd bring charges for involuntary manslaughter.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post

Not me, I'm afraid. But, I have enough to at least take a few motherfuckers with me.
    I only have more than that because I plan on passing it out to people that think like me. Everyone has to sleep.
    This is where I would love the show a picture. As many of us with common sense would.
    In the interest of OPSEC I'll pass on the picture.
    Though anyone serious about securing themselves until opposing armies can be formed should have a minimal amount to supply atleast a fire-team. A platoon supply might be ideal but for most not practical. I'd say I fall somewhere in between.
    Though I am likely to be suffering a boating accident in the near future as I transport the stash across Lake Mead.....ooof

That's factually inaccurate. In the State of Minnesota, third-degree murder does not require intent to kill. Specifically, it can merely require indifference to whether or not the person lives or dies. If I had to express Chauvin's facial expressions throughout in a word, "Indifferent," would be on my short list. In fact, Third-Degree Murder is the charge they use specifically for absence of intent.

EDIT-ADDED----Sorry, I see this part was already addressed.

You would definitely make the argument, but I'm not sure it holds water when you're talking about the better part of ten minutes.

Yeah, some sort of police brutality or maybe involuntary manslaughter.

Ask you this: Now knowing third-degree does not require intent, if the prosecution offered you a plea deal for Involuntary Manslaughter, and you're Chauvin's attorney, do you take the deal?
    Yes, I would take it. Like you said, for almost 10 mins doing what he did is hard to justify.

But I doubt if the prosecution politically will be able to do that, meaning offer Chauvin a plea deal. It’d look like they were letting Chauvin off easy. I think they will have to go forward with the 3rd degree murder charges, which might be an overreach. I mean some people want 1st degree murder charges. There’s a big group like MWP that wants Chauvin burned at the stake without any trial.

There are several articles about Minneapolis neck resistant procedures. It can be used in theee cases. And Chauvin use of it fits one of those cases, based on what Floyd did. So Chauvin was technically following police protocol.

Then the question becomes when should Chauvin have stopped. That’s a more difficult question to answer than people think. Obviously, Floyd saying he can’t breath isn’t good for Chauvin.

The couple things Chauvin has going for him is the autopsy report and other police were kneeing on Floyd too. How can the defense prove who really killed him?

I agree it’s hard to watch, and it’s hard to see Chauvin not understanding what it looked like to others. I expect in Chauvin’s mind he felt he was just implementing a move he was taught to restrain a man who continually resisted arrest. There is no question Chauvin took it too far. But to say he intended to kill a man that day is ridiculous.

Like you said, 3rd degree doesn’t require “intent” so they have a chance to get him on that. But it could fail. It’s definitely not a slam dunk case.
    I'd like to think that they should. I would hold police to a higher criminal standard for stuff of this nature, since they're supposed to be the ones enforcing the law, anyway, but if we're essentially trying him on a civilian crime...then he should get the same treatment under the law anyone else would. If the prosecution would normally be inclined to offer a plea bargain, then a plea bargain should be offered here. That's also why he should have been arrested straight away, of course...a couple weeks ago the big argument I was having with some people is if you had me (as a civilian) doing that to someone for ten minutes, on video, I'm in jail immediately while the investigation takes place.

But, there's a legal process that applies to everyone and should not change based on who the person is. If he were to be offered Involuntary Manslaughter, accept, get hit with something reasonably close to the maximum prison sentence for it and everyone flips out, then they're just flipping out about the justice system doing its job.

I'm not a lawyer, but were I the prosecutor, my play would be I'm going to bring charges for third-degree murder unless he takes involuntary manslaughter. If denied, I'd bring charges for involuntary manslaughter.
    Mission146, I’m going to completely disgree with you here. I hear people make this type of argument all the time about police being held to “a higher standard”. I don’t think most people even know what they mean when they say that. They’ve just heard it so much, they start repeating it. It sounds like something intelligent to say.

Police will and should always be treated differently then regular Joe for doing the same things to a civilian/criminal. A policeman’s job is to arrest criminals. This is not the job of a civilian.

If civilian was doing a neck restraint move to Floyd, then the civilian should much more accountable for doing this to another person then a policeman. I mean civilians are not supposed to restrain another civilian with a neck restrain move. It’s that simple.

Like it or not, policemen are supposed to do this move when confronted with a criminal resisting arrest. At least if they are trained by the liberal police dept in Minneapolis.

So what Chauvin was doing was part of his job. He was doing what he was trained to do. Now where he is in trouble is that he pushed it too far. He did the neck restraint move on a criminal to the place where the criminal died.

The jury needs to decide if Chauvin took it too far. Most people who’ve seen the video would say yes.

But let’s not pretend civilians are going to be treated the same as police for doing the same thing to a civilian/criminal. If you believe this, you don’t understand the job of a policeman.

Same with Rodney King incidents. 5 civilians should not be beating a criminal with batons. But this is acceptable behavior for policemen who are trying to subdue a criminal resisting arrest. I’m not making the laws, I’m just saying at the time of Rodney King’s arrest, the policeman were just following their training. That’s why they weren’t convicted.

Why is it so hard for people to understand policeman and civilians will always be treated differently under the law when something happens to a criminal, since they have very different functions in our society.

I’m in no way saying police brutality is okay. It’s not. I’ve had a friend take the police to court for this. It just so happened this guy was white, so police brutality happens to white people too.

No doubt about it, there are some bad policeman out there. I’m shocked anybody would think all 800,000 policeman are all good...or there is some policy to make almost a million people perfect. It’s not going to happen. Basic stats should tell you some have to be bad.

I'd be interested to know how many people support murder charges for these people. Should the guy succumb to his injuries.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/col...cal-condition/

Where the trial is held will have a lot to do with it. If it's downtown Minneapolis he's most likely a dead duck. If a change of venue puts it in a more conservative area then Chauvin has a chance to go scott free. The makeup of the jury will tell the story.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Omission is another way you are manipulated by the media. Are you keeping up with the story of the new country, CHAZistan, that was formed in downtown Seattle? Then you are probably watching Fox News. CNN and MSNBC are hardly covering the story.

With whats going on in CHAZistan it looks like the left has done an about face and now supports walls and closed borders.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Mission146, I’m going to completely disgree with you here. I hear people make this type of argument all the time about police being held to “a higher standard”. I don’t think most people even know what they mean when they say that. They’ve just heard it so much, they start repeating it. It sounds like something intelligent to say.

Police will and should always be treated differently then regular Joe for doing the same things to a civilian/criminal. A policeman’s job is to arrest criminals. This is not the job of a civilian.

If civilian was doing a neck restraint move to Floyd, then the civilian should much more accountable for doing this to another person then a policeman. I mean civilians are not supposed to restrain another civilian with a neck restrain move. It’s that simple.

Like it or not, policemen are supposed to do this move when confronted with a criminal resisting arrest. At least if they are trained by the liberal police dept in Minneapolis.

So what Chauvin was doing was part of his job. He was doing what he was trained to do. Now where he is in trouble is that he pushed it too far. He did the neck restraint move on a criminal to the place where the criminal died.

The jury needs to decide if Chauvin took it too far. Most people who’ve seen the video would say yes.

But let’s not pretend civilians are going to be treated the same as police for doing the same thing to a civilian/criminal. If you believe this, you don’t understand the job of a policeman.

Same with Rodney King incidents. 5 civilians should not be beating a criminal with batons. But this is acceptable behavior for policemen who are trying to subdue a criminal resisting arrest. I’m not making the laws, I’m just saying at the time of Rodney King’s arrest, the policeman were just following their training. That’s why they weren’t convicted.

Why is it so hard for people to understand policeman and civilians will always be treated differently under the law when something happens to a criminal, since they have very different functions in our society.

I’m in no way saying police brutality is okay. It’s not. I’ve had a friend take the police to court for this. It just so happened this guy was white, so police brutality happens to white people too.

No doubt about it, there are some bad policeman out there. I’m shocked anybody would think all 800,000 policeman are all good...or there is some policy to make almost a million people perfect. It’s not going to happen. Basic stats should tell you some have to be bad.
    I certainly know what I mean by it. If they commit a crime in the course and scope of their duty, they face a stricter criminal penalty. Yes, they have certain things they can do that are crimes in the context of a civilian, but not in that of an officer; I'm saying when they do commit a crime, the penalty should be more harsh. But, the law doesn't say that right now, so it is what it is.

I also agree with you on the jury. Like I said, the legal process is what it is and should work for him the same as it would anyone else. I think jury selection is going to be one hell of a messy affair on this one!

I'd be interested to know how many people support murder charges for these people. Should the guy succumb to his injuries.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/col...cal-condition/
    Maybe manslaughter. In Virginia, there must be an intent to kill and premeditation for it to be murder.*

*This is sometimes not true, but none of the cases where it isn't apply. Although, if you're ever getting frisky in Virginia and accidentally kill someone by penetrating them with an inanimate object...you guessed it, First Degree Murder. Weird state, that law must be pretty old.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Omission is another way you are manipulated by the media. Are you keeping up with the story of the new country, CHAZistan, that was formed in downtown Seattle? Then you are probably watching Fox News. CNN and MSNBC are hardly covering the story.

With whats going on in CHAZistan it looks like the left has done an about face and now supports walls and closed borders.
    You mean like this CNN coverage?

I bet it really irks righties that people in a six block radius they claim are setting up a new country are most likely still Americans collecting their government funds.

Lol, Tucker Carlson's Comedy Hour. He even points out there are people walking around armed. Ahem, In an open carry state, wow what a shock.

Oh, sorry wait, if it's white right it's open carry, if it's black left it's terrorism. Got it!

The real joke is all the violence was occuring when the cops were there. Place finally got peaceful when the damn terrorists in blue uniforms left

I bet it really irks righties that people in a six block radius they claim are setting up a new country are most likely still Americans collecting their government funds.

Lol, Tucker Carlson's Comedy Hour. He even points out there are people walking around armed. Ahem, In an open carry state, wow what a shock.

Oh, sorry wait, if it's white right it's open carry, if it's black left it's terrorism. Got it!

The real joke is all the violence was occuring when the cops were there. Place finally got peaceful when the damn terrorists in blue uniforms left
    You have no idea where shit like this leads. Because you've never experienced what happens when you encourage decentralized control. Going to be funny when NYC turns into Somalia with various precincts taken over by different gang leaders. Pretty soon we'll be Mexico with various cities under control of cartels, gangs, and self appointed warlords. If this kind of shit is allowed to continue.
    The good thing is, the people who can fix this shit in a couple days are waiting patiently to be given the green light. These amateur troublemakers have no idea what could rain down on their ignorant asses. That's the real joke.

You have no idea where shit like this leads. Because you've never experienced what happens when you encourage decentralized control. Going to be funny when NYC turns into Somalia with various precincts taken over by different gang leaders. Pretty soon we'll be Mexico with various cities under control of cartels, gangs, and self appointed warlords. If this kind of shit is allowed to continue.
    The good thing is, the people who can fix this shit in a couple days are waiting patiently to be given the green light. These amateur troublemakers have no idea what could rain down on their ignorant asses. That's the real joke.
    That depends on how it plays out.

So far there are no reports of violence inside CHAZ. Some right wingers are giving their imagination of what is happening but no reports or visual evidence.

Seems like a peaceful protest so far

Trust me troops go in an start killing unarmed Americans (and only a few appear to be armed and in an open carry state at that) I bet all those protesters will have out their cell phones.

Could be dozens of videos showing people being brutalized.

Let's put it this way. Imagine 100 different Floyd like videos.

Guess Trump likes seeing millions protesting and looting again. Makes him feel smart (just feel. He ain't too bright)

So far there are no reports of violence inside CHAZ. Some right wingers are giving their imagination of what is happening but no reports or visual evidence.

Trust me troops go in an start killing unarmed Americans (and only a few appear to be armed and in an open carry state at that) I bet all those protesters will have out their cell phones.

Guess Trump likes seeing millions protesting and looting again. Makes him feel smart (just feel. He ain't too bright)
    Plenty of twitter videos showing violence inside CHAZ. Also an area inside that only black people are allowed into. Segregation.

Glad to see you now support countries that have walls and closed borders.

But, there's a legal process that applies to everyone and should not change based on who the person is.
    You'd think so, but look at Hitlery and Prince Andrew.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Plenty of twitter videos showing violence inside CHAZ. Also an area inside that only black people are allowed into. Segregation.

Glad to see you now support countries that have walls and closed borders.
    Firstly it's no cops so stop listening to those liars on rightie shows like Fox

One reason you tell so many lies is you are reading so many lies.

So, you made s pretty easily provable claim just now. You said there are plenty of videos showing violence inside CHAZ.

LINK TO THEM.

PROVE ME WRONG

AND I HAVE TO SEE VIOLENCE IN THE VIDEK. NOT SOME PUNDIT ON FOX TALKING ABOUT SOME BULLSHIT EHILE PEACEFUL IMAGES ARE SHOWN MEXT TO HIM.

SHOW ME ACTUAL IMAGES OF PEOPLE BEING BEATEN INSIDE CHAZ

And not one or two. You said plenty. If I don't see at least five links from you of violence inside CHAZ then I call you out as a liar
    Last edited by Darkoz; 06-14-2020 at 05:38 AM.

I
    I certainly know what I mean by it. If they commit a crime in the course and scope of their duty, they face a stricter criminal penalty. Yes, they have certain things they can do that are crimes in the context of a civilian, but not in that of an officer; I'm saying when they do commit a crime, the penalty should be more harsh. But, the law doesn't say that right now, so it is what it is.

I also agree with you on the jury. Like I said, the legal process is what it is and should work for him the same as it would anyone else. I think jury selection is going to be one hell of a messy affair on this one!
    That’s the problem: What constitutes a crime when a criminal is resisting arrest? That’s a lot harder to detemine than people think.

And let’s be clear almost all the so called deaths by policemen are when a criminal is resisting arrest.

I just spent time looking up Eric Garner’s case. You know the black man who started the “I can’t breathe” movement back in 2014. I mean even Lebron James and NBA players were wearing t-shirts saying “I can’t breathe”.

Do know the office who applied the chock hold was never indicted by the grand jury. He didn’t even go to trial. Even the Federal Government never brought civil charges against him.

I wondered why, so I loooked into the case. It turned out Eric Garner died due to an asthma attack. Eric Garner said “I can’t breathe” 11 times, but 10 of those times was after the officer had released his choke hold and Eric was having an asthma attack.

So this whole “I can’t breathe” movement really started as a protest against asthma. I bet most people wearing all those “I can’t breathe” t-shirts don’t even know that. They are protesting against asthma.

Oh, and another thing, Eric Garner was another career criminal. He’d been arrested 30 times for things like grand larceny and assault. It seems like the only lives the “Black Lives Matter” movement care about are career criminals.

I have yet to see protests against black policemen who die in the line of duty, blacks that die in drive by shootings, blacks who die from suicides due to the hopeless conditions the liberals created for them.

There is only one type of black life that matters to this group. The black who is a career criminal who dies while being arrested. That’s a strange cause to protest and riot for. Welcome to America 2020.

That’s the problem: What constitutes a crime when a criminal is resisting arrest? That’s a lot harder to detemine than people think.

And let’s be clear almost all the so called deaths by policemen are when a criminal is resisting arrest.

I just spent time looking up Eric Garner’s case. You know the black man who started the “I can’t breathe” movement back in 2014. I mean even Lebron James and NBA players were wearing t-shirts saying “I can’t breathe”.

Do know the office who applied the chock hold was never indicted by the grand jury. He didn’t even go to trial. Even the Federal Government never brought civil charges against him.

I wondered why, so I loooked into the case. It turned out Eric Garner died due to an asthma attack. Eric Garner said “I can’t breathe” 11 times, but 10 of those times was after the officer had released his choke hold and Eric was having an asthma attack.

So this whole “I can’t breathe” movement really started as a protest against asthma. I bet most people wearing all those “I can’t breathe” t-shirts don’t even know that. They are protesting against asthma.

Oh, and another thing, Eric Garner was another career criminal. He’d been arrested 30 times for things like grand larceny and assault. It seems like the only lives the “Black Lives Matter” movement care about are career criminals.

I have yet to see protests against black policemen who die in the line of duty, blacks that die in drive by shootings, blacks who die from suicides due to the hopeless conditions the liberals created for them.

There is only one type of black life that matters to this group. The black who is a career criminal who dies while being arrested. That’s a strange cause to protest and riot for. Welcome to America 2020.
    I'd start with kneeling on someone's neck for ten minutes. Shooting an unarmed person who is being compliant...there's a video where a cop is demanding that a dude crawl over to him, on his knees, with his hands clasped and behind his head without falling. That the kid is unarmed is the most obvious thing in the entire world. You guessed it, cops killed him. I'm not sure, but I think the cop got off.

Here it is:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mesa-po...turbing-video/

I forgot, he had to keep his feet crossed as he crawled on his knees with his hands interlaced behind his head. Prosecution suggests he was trying to pull his shorts up so he could comply, he could have told the officer that, except the officer said he would be killed if he spoke.

When I say the officer got off, I don't just mean in his pants, he was also acquitted.

Didn't look like resisting to me! There's a video on the link.

---I wouldn't say he, "Started," the movement. Or, if he did, I don't think that was his intention.

The last example aside, who would you protest against? Where would you protest at? Are you going to gather by the hundreds and walk around with signs that say, "END DRIVE-BY SHOOTINGS!"? There's no entity out there actively sanctioning drive-by shootings. You would actually have to know where the perpetrators are to go and protest against them.

With all due respect, your last sentence is too ridiculous to warrant a response.

You used to get stoned in the street from the townspeople for breaking the law.
    (Still do in some places in the world)
    A few thousand years ago, Centurions would crucify criminals in the street.
    It wasn't long ago you could have a duel/gunfight in the street.
    It wasn't long ago they used hangings or the guillotine.
    They got rid of that and started up the biggest gang in the world.
    (The Police)
    Now a bunch of people are upset at how powerful the Police have become.
    Reform and change will come but nobody is getting rid of an unbalanced system.
    The Police are kinda like Lawyers... everyone hates them till they need one.
    The world is and has always been unfair.
    I'm tired of all the crying about it.
    Perhaps, if people didn't put themselves in vulnerable positions they would live longer.
    I love how Drunks, Drug Addicts and Murderers are currently being glorified as Saints.

Thread Information