View Poll Results: Is Mission146 an insufferable prick?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

5 83.33%
  • Yes.

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mission146 is an Insufferable Prick

I'm just trying to figure out why you've been so testy over trivialities lately. You're genuinely insulted over being called a big fan of MDawg in the course of that thread? You really care that some details of a peace treaty we were trying to hash out were revealed to the very admin that was going to have to release me from WOV jail?

In both cases I believe you misconstrued motive but even so, your reaction just seems excessive especially based on that we've never had much conflict until the past month.

Perhaps that Wizard and I were making BBB look bad turned you at least briefly against us, but if so, why are you working tirelessly (and thanklessly) on a project at his forum.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    Doesn't really make sense to me that you'd say

and now say it was "stupid."

You sure this hasn't already happened?

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    With any luck, he'll one day return to the bottle and accidentally give himself alcohol poisoning.
    I said it was stupid then:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gamb...95/#post803710

Pretty close to an optimal scenario for MDawg, but like I said before (might not have been here, but I think here also), even assuming that some of the rudiments of his claims are fundamentally true, there is no way this challenge could have possibly gone that badly for him. Even losing (in terms of his perceived legitimacy) during the challenge (but all of the other stuff happening the same way) still does more for his credibility than the detractors gain by way of him losing.

Still intend to meet up and chat music if we're out there at the same time and both available, MDawg.

That aside, it happened, it was stupid and it was a waste of Darkoz's money. The only way that the detractors would have had anything to support their positions is if the meetup hadn't happened. Looks good for MDawg no matter what.

Based on the description of the shoe...when I did my experiment to demonstrate the high probability of winning a session with various systems and/or, "Methods," it looks like I hit the nail almost exactly on the head when it comes to what MDawg is doing. He might be hole-carding, as well.
    Have you been drinking?
    Last edited by Mission146; 02-16-2024 at 01:11 AM.

I'm just trying to figure out why you've been so testy over trivialities lately. You're genuinely insulted over being called a big fan of MDawg in the course of that thread? You really care that some details of a peace treaty we were trying to hash out were revealed to the very admin that was going to have to release me from WOV jail?

In both cases I believe you misconstrued motive but even so, your reaction just seems excessive especially based on that we've never had much conflict until the past month.

Perhaps that Wizard and I were making BBB look bad turned you at least briefly against us, but if so, why are you working tirelessly (and thanklessly) on a project at his forum.
    That wasn’t the admin who would have released you, so that part’s not even true.

Anyway, being called a big fan is offensive for a number of reasons:

1. I was asked to do the project and wasn’t doing it out of any sort of fandom. If literally anyone else had asked I’d have said no and told them to figure it out themselves. Actually, someone did ask me once before, offered to pay, and I declined completely. It wasn’t LilRedRooster and this would have been about a year ago.

2. I think MarcusClark declared himself to actually being in your fan club; being compared to MarcusClark in that way is deeply offensive because MarcusClark is a retard who, as it turns out, was actually lying about his sessions, and consequently, got nuked.

3. I don’t particularly like you, at this point. I was pretty neutral on you and willing to give the benefit of the doubt, even after the BBB insult, but then you started coming at me over something I was asked to do in the first place and never would have done without being asked.

If I specifically don’t like you, then being referred to as a big fan of yours is also offensive for that reason.
    Last edited by Mission146; 02-16-2024 at 01:18 AM.

Also, it wasn’t a peace treaty.

It was me basically saying I’d inquire about you being unbanned once you being banned no longer happened to benefit me. I’m obviously not going to inquire about that now and am quite happy to see you suspended a full week.

As long as we’re discussing the details, why don’t you bring up that you tried to get me to volunteer to serve seven days (same as you) for a post that ended up only getting me three? The three, I assume, only after you bitched to an Administrator via some off-forum channel. If so, I probably got the three so you’d stop being an annoying pain in the ass and the suspension giver would assume I wouldn’t care about taking three days at all anyway. If they did assume such, then they assume correctly-I don’t mind at all.

Now, what you refer to as a, ‘peace treaty,’ was simply that I was going to see about you being unbanned as soon as I got the work finished and everything posted. Why? You wanted to answer for yourself in the thread after everything was posted. Why are you worried about it? I have no idea. I can’t imagine a world where you’d be nuked for reporting results and people will be extremely limited and have to walk on eggshells to express incredulity…I foresee many bans, in fact.

As stated, I plan to excuse myself from the thread after I finish reporting the results. I’ll be quite content to remain out of it unless you say something that forces me to respond. But, again, this is all a result of something that I wouldn’t have done in the first place if literally anyone else had asked.

So, don’t act like this was some sort of mutual agreement thing. This was a simple matter of me showing mercy because I’d no longer have had a use for you to be banned, at that point. Now, you can just stay banned the rest of the seven days.

But, make no mistake, I absolutely consider being called a big fan of yours an insult.
    Last edited by Mission146; 02-16-2024 at 01:30 AM.

As far as being able to promptly defend your results is concerned, what I might consider doing is waiting until the evening of the sixth day of your ban to post the remaining results.

Since they’ll be finished and I’m mainly just going to be copy/pasting from Google Docs, it’s something I’ll be able to do pretty quickly.

No negotiation needed. You need only respond with, “I would appreciate that. Thank you.”

As far as being able to promptly defend your results is concerned, what I might consider doing is waiting until the evening of the sixth day of your ban to post the remaining results.

Since they’ll be finished and I’m mainly just going to be copy/pasting from Google Docs, it’s something I’ll be able to do pretty quickly.

No negotiation needed. You need only respond with, “I would appreciate that. Thank you.”
    That’s in this thread, by the way. You haven’t PM’ed me, but I’m still not going to bother reading, much less responding, to any PM’s sent here. I might consider accepting PM’s from you on WoV, one day, I’ll PM you there if I choose to open up the possibility of actually confidential private correspondence.

I’d also appreciate if you quit projecting your penchant for drama and shit-stirring upon me. I hate drama; you, on the other hand, have the mentality of a female church gossip when it comes to drama. You can’t get enough of it.

Honestly, I can’t even be angry about that. In fact, I pity you. You’ll take attention however you can get it and no amount of money, or gambling, or anything else…is enough to fulfill you or give you the sense of self-worth that you seem to so desperately be seeking. Your narcissistic tone WAY overcompensates, by the way, you might consider dialing that back a bit.

Neither of your parents ever hug you, or something?

Nah actually, if anyone is “full of himself” it would be you – mostly because, you’re not just a shit stirrer but you’re also not a straight shooter. I used to think you were a straight shooter, but you’re not always. At least have the honesty to admit that you get involved in these forum dramas because you want to stir things up, and that you are not necessarily neutral in your approach to everything lately. It's silly actually for anyone to claim that he is entirely unbiased because biases are always present, just that some are able to overcome them better than others.

Just the fact that you got bent out of shape over being called a “big fan” is ridiculous. The fact that you got bent out of shape over that WOV admin was made aware of our peace negotiations is ridiculous. That you got bent out of shape over that I called them peace negotiations is ridiculous. That you feel the need to say “I don’t particularly like you, at this point” is ridiculous.

How about, as Rob.Singer calls it, some refreshing honesty for a change. You got upset because DarkOz was suspended so you stepped in to try to defend him. You got upset because BBB was targeted for not admitting that Wizard had in fact consulted with her so you stepped in to try to defend her. You got upset because I called you a “big fan” so now you’re working overtime even though the person who asked you to do this put a thumb in your eye by suspending you.

You’re also obviously a doormat for the WOV forum because you got suspended over that thread and yet here you are busily tabulating numbers anyway.

Name:  thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another.gif
Views: 119
Size:  2.30 MB

Some who see you return to post results merrily even after being suspended will think, wow what a trooper, and I suppose that is the affirmation you seek. Some who see you return to just post results merrily even after being suspended are going to laugh at you. But DON'T feed anyone that lie (you bought that line, not me) about how you don't care how you are perceived or about your subject one way or another.

I DEMAND that you complete the tabulation. I also demand that you bring over to WOV any posts I have made that explain why I am able to win. If your boss has already asked you to do that, then you have to do it anyway, because you are evidently obligated to do whatever he tells you to do.

And I’m sure this isn’t the last we will see of this “new” Mission146 who gets emotional over trivialities. You obviously quit the forums in an uproar over this nonsense.
    Over all, I think you get ideas in your head about the way people should be and respond to you and if their actions don’t fit in with your expectations you get bent out of shape, even if you later realize that you misconstrued their motives.

Just the fact that you threw in the towel at all forums over this nonsense shows how emotional and high strung you are right now, so I cannot take much that you say seriously, including that you hate drama. If you hated drama you would not have written volumes over trivialities for a month running straight now. “How about some refreshing honesty for a change.”
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

I'm absolutely full of myself; I agree 100%.

And, yet, most people on the various forums like me. What could the difference possibly be? Being full of myself whilst being willing to simultaneously acknowledge my flaws? Being likable? Borderline comical, at times?

I don't know, but most peeps seem to like me and despise you.

I'm involved in your stupid bullshit because I was asked to do it. You could have said zero words to me, I'd have posted the results and excused myself from the thread. Honestly, I might have made a post explaining why your results could be possible...I'd actually have to see everything to decide on that.

Just the fact that you got bent out of shape over being called a “big fan” is ridiculous. The fact that you got bent out of shape over that WOV admin was made aware of our peace negotiations is ridiculous. That you got bent out of shape over that I called them peace negotiations is ridiculous. That you feel the need to say “I don’t particularly like you, at this point” is ridiculous.
    Hahaha!!!!

Mission146: 7, MDawg: 3

I don't fucking remember the Darkoz interaction; I already tried to tell you that once. It's probably somewhere in your Mission146 dossier; I'm certainly not going to go looking for it. Why would I defend my position again? You think I give a fuck if you respect me or not, dog?

The results are getting posted, G. You couldn't even manipulate me into doing something I was already going to do (how did you fuck that up?) and you think you're going to manipulate me into not posting the results by trying to play on a psyche that you have zero understanding of? Laughable. Everything you do is more predictable than a shoe of Baccarat with you sitting as the player.

I haven't been asked to do that and I am certainly not going to at your demand. I accepted the task of tabulating results; anything I add to that is at my choosing. If you made any such posts in the threads referenced in the posts, then I imagine you'd be allowed to do that yourself. Why should I do your work?

But, hey, if DEMANDing I do something (tabulation) that I was already going to do anyway makes you feel like a pit bull, rather than a poodle, dog, then you can have it.

Your motives are impossible to misconstrue; you are as much of a dickhead as you can possibly be, at all times, in order to get attention. There are only two exceptions to this rule:

1.) You have a use for someone and you think feigning kindness will get you what you want.

2.) You have a use for someone and you think if you just annoy them enough they'll eventually capitulate to what you want.

You're really just not that complicated.

Honestly, I've kind of been having fun with you here. It'll get tiresome for me a lot sooner than it does for you, I assure you. You're more fun when there's nobody you can complain to who will do anything about me.

I DEMAND that you complete the tabulation. I also demand that you bring over to WOV any posts I have made that explain why I am able to win. If your boss has already asked you to do that, then you have to do it anyway, because you are evidently obligated to do whatever he tells you to do.

Again, I am already completing the tabulation. I was doing that whether you demanded it, or not. You can bring the posts that explain how you can win yourself. Go gather them up, or have a paralegal do it.

You want me to do it? $5,000.

As you probably have seen, I think, your TruePassage trip reports were incorporated by reference on WoV. In fact, you specifically directed readers there and even stated that you had Wizard's permission to do so. You made a similar post, directing people who wanted more details to True Passage, during the 7.5 month trip of 2021. I wanted more details; you directed people who wanted more details there; you had Wizard's permission to do so; that's where I went.

The only thing that I will do, short of you paying me $5,000, is that I will suggest to Wizard that you should be allowed to share any posts at True Passage relating to your playing style since I am getting results from there...at your encouragement, I reiterate.

That's it. I'm not bringing anything over for you, short of you pay me $5,000 to go through it again.

Well, what about going forward. It's up to you if you'd like to do that. Just copy/paste the URLs of any posts you think might be relevant to this project and then PM me the list when you are done. I won't PM you back unless you lift that request that I never PM you again.

What I like about you is that you calm down pretty quickly, you're not like UNKewlJ by any means in that respect. I suppose you had a momentary meltdown yesterday but you're back at the forum gradually returning to business as usual today and that's good.

Originally Posted by mcap
    Kew is simply incapable of letting anything, however minor, go.

I hate drama; you, on the other hand, have the mentality of a female church gossip when it comes to drama. You can’t get enough of it. Honestly, I can’t even be angry about that. In fact, I pity you. You’ll take attention however you can get it and no amount of money, or gambling, or anything else…is enough to fulfill you or give you the sense of self-worth that you seem to so desperately be seeking. Your narcissistic tone WAY overcompensates, by the way, you might consider dialing that back a bit. Neither of your parents ever hug you, or something?
    Pretty damned accurate personality profile.

Name:  8g3ax3.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  52.5 KB
    What, Me Worry?

Not only that, but Mission146's writing style is oftentimes so convoluted and prodding, that it's sometimes difficult to tell what his opinion actually is, assuming he even has one on the subject he has just written a book about.
    I mean, come the fuck on! That's absolutely true and hilarious.

Well, what about going forward. It's up to you if you'd like to do that. Just copy/paste the URLs of any posts you think might be relevant to this project and then PM me the list when you are done. I won't PM you back unless you lift that request that I never PM you again.

What I like about you is that you calm down pretty quickly, you're not like UNKewlJ by any means in that respect. I suppose you had a momentary meltdown yesterday but you're back at the forum gradually returning to business as usual today and that's good.

Originally Posted by mcap
    Kew is simply incapable of letting anything, however minor, go.
    I suppose the first thing is that every individual session is linked up until the meetup with Wizard. That is the case for what has already been posted on WoV and I suppose it would be a bit unreasonable of me to refuse to share with you what I am going to post and already have completed; I can't imagine it will be very helpful to you as most session details are sparse other than to clarify amounts. For example, if you said, "About $5,000," then I probably went with $5,000 but noted you said about. If you said, "Just under $3,000," then I probably tallied it as $2,800, or something, and noted that.

The exception to this is everything AFTER the Wizard meetup for the 7.5 month trip. I cited the entire thread at TruePassage as there were very few posters besides you, so I figured anyone can match the date up to individual posts, if they wanted to. Your session reporting was also much clearer, in terms of amounts, so I didn't have to add very many notes at all.

In the meantime, I'm hoping your second thread DOESN'T refer readers to TruePassage; the reason for that is because this should probably be shorter if it doesn't as the second Adventures thread will be everything left. As far as I am concerned, since I am using TruePassage, my opinion is that you should be allowed to cite anything you want to ONLY for the purposes of that WoV Thread and ONLY such as is relevant to your results. If you wish, I will convey my opinion of that to Wizard; if Wizard is not the person who asked me to do this, there's really no reason to ask them...this is really more of an Administrative (WoV) issue. I will convey to Wizard that you should be permitted to use any pertinent True Passage quote related to these sessions or your playing style since some of the data is coming from there. Naturally, I don't control whether or not he will agree with this.

As far as the rest goes, if a session report (future) gets into your playing style in a way that I think could be relevant, then I will share that with you. Your posts are usually pretty clear, from the beginning, whether or not they are reporting results. I have mostly been skipping ones that are evident they don't and not even reading them. If I happen to notice one that might be useful to you, then I will share it. It will appear in parenthesis if it's not actually contained in my reports. I will not type an explanation of why I have included it; you can determine its usefulness.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I hate drama; you, on the other hand, have the mentality of a female church gossip when it comes to drama. You canÂ’t get enough of it. Honestly, I canÂ’t even be angry about that. In fact, I pity you. YouÂ’ll take attention however you can get it and no amount of money, or gambling, or anything elseÂ…is enough to fulfill you or give you the sense of self-worth that you seem to so desperately be seeking. Your narcissistic tone WAY overcompensates, by the way, you might consider dialing that back a bit. Neither of your parents ever hug you, or something?
    Pretty damned accurate personality profile.

I pity the fool.
    I was in Vegas with two barely legal teenagers, one was my gf at the time, the other her (or rather, our) gf and we had been living together that summer as a triad, and as we walked through a casino this guy looked and said, "I pity the fool."

What he meant of course was that I must be going through or putting up with a lot of shit to have those two insanely hot girls in tow, and I suppose any triad has more issues than the standard couple arrangement, but anyway...

V...

Flattery will get you nowhere.

As far as M146, he had to blow off some steam, and I respect that; otherwise, I just finished roasting a duck and if he were up in Tahoe I might even call him up and say, Get over here you big dummy!

You will notice that I don't react to insults too much, am certainly not as reactionary as most.

BTW I would NOT invite V, because he's almost never shown an inkling to be much more than a cantankerous a-hole, not a lot of glimmers of light in that dark tunnel. Short of sitting around blazed and listening to music without saying much, I can't see his being much of a dinner party guest.

Well, I can say if MisterV and I were both in Tahoe, if he's not invited, then I'm not coming either because I'm probably already hanging with him. No offense.

Really, none meant. I think in my VCT Meetup joke, I was mostly sitting with MrV that night. I had you and Boz hitting it off and just loving each other's company because I thought that was hilarious. I won a $1 bet against ZenKing and he started dreaming up ways he might kill me; he also decided that the NFL is rigged and coordinated the next play of the game with me as that's what he lost the bet on.

Boz and I actually get along famously most of the time via PMs. I'd say we have a sort of wary mutual respect for each other, most of the time.

V isn't a bad guy, but I just get the feeling that he's more or less the same in person as online. For example the way he reacted when confronted in person at the WOV social function about being an a-hole. If I were confronted in that situation, I'd have laughed something along the lines of, of course I'm an a-hole! and we would've ended up drinking together (except that I don't drink, but bonded anyway). Instead he turned it into a dark defiant moment, which fits the way he acts online too, hence my belief that he's probably about as much of a jerk off in person as online.

UNKewlJ too, I'm sure he's just as much of a tinny whiney insufferable type in person as online.

DarkOz, I'm sure he's just as stubborn and out there with his bizarre quirks in person as online.

What you see on the forums is what you get in person, with me; my temper is probably much worse in person, though.

Thread Information