"This is a party held by somebody diagnosed with the COVID virus and the thought is that people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected," Appleby said. "Just before the patient died, they looked at their nurse and said 'I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it's not.'"

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pa...Cy8?li=BBnb7Kz

The person thought this was a hoax. Someone clearly had a death wish or wants win the Darwin Award or both.

I keep warning people: October could be the big one (it was the case in 1918 with roughly 200,000 deaths in one month when the US had roughly 100 million citizens). In 1918, the Spanish Flu mutated and got deadlier and came back from the Southern Hemisphere to the US just in time for flu season. Wearing a cloth mask saved lives in 1918 but dumb people believe a (modern 3-ply) mask is not effective in 2020.

This is not a good situation: A highly infectious disease with no known cure. About 2 years from now, the data scientists will discover it was (the asymptomatic) children and young people infecting the rest of us. The logic being if you were sick, people would avoid you thus asymptomatic carriers / hosts were getting healthy people sick. Now that the median age of death dropped by say 15 years in the US, Wuhan Virus is no longer an old person disease.

Just last week, I found out a hustler buddy of my mine had a sibling on a respirator in the hospital. My buddy was a mess and distraught.

Lastly, the fatality rate of Wuhan Virus is running steady at about 3% in the US. The critics argue since not everyone got tested, you don’t know the actual death rate. The inferential / data scientists will response that the 3% number was determined indirectly ... comparing actual death rates to historical death rates, e.g. when you have death rates at 5 times the std dev of historical death rates, Wuhan Virus played a role.