Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: song reco

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    Thanks for posting this Danny - one of my favorite songs from Slave. They had a lot of tremendous songs as you know - my favorite being Just a Touch of Love.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Thanks for posting this Danny - one of my favorite songs from Slave. They had a lot of tremendous songs as you know - my favorite being Just a Touch of Love.
    Awesome! Yes, Touch of Love was the year before Stone Jam album. 79'-80' in that sweet spot for good music.

Eventually, we all end up in the Asylum.
    Too many videos to list for Falco but he is/was one of a kind.
    IMO, you have to be either on drugs or alcohol to enhance your viewing experience.
    I suppose that is because he sang about the glorification of drug use so much lol.
    It is imperative to watch his videos as it elevates his music to another level.
    Only Hitler can rival his veracity for spewing out the German Language.

Last edited by monet; 11-10-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Eventually, we all end up in the Asylum.
    Too many videos to list for Falco but he is/was one of a kind.
    IMO, you have to be either on drugs or alcohol to enhance your viewing experience.
    I suppose that is because he sang about the glorification of drug use so much lol.
    It is imperative to watch his videos as it elevates his music to another level.
    Only Hitler can rival his veracity for spewing out the German Language.

I really liked that lyric "Va-Va-Va-Va Wunderbar, Wunderbar".

Monet, thanks again for the Falco movie reco - I watched it and found it interesting. One of the more fascinating facts was when they said that Falco was the only artist to achieve a United States #1 hit song that was in German. Prior to watching this movie reco, I had mistakenly thought that Nina with Ninety-Nine LuftBallons had also done this because I heard it all the time back when it was released on the radio here in the states.

Best, TP.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Monet, thanks again for the Falco movie reco - I watched it and found it interesting. One of the more fascinating facts was when they said that Falco was the only artist to achieve a United States #1 hit song that was in German. Prior to watching this movie reco, I had mistakenly thought that Nina with Ninety-Nine LuftBallons had also done this because I heard it all the time back when it was released on the radio here in the states.

Best, TP.
    FALCO was a wild man who did what he wanted and damn the consequences.
    I can relate.
    I think he got into some gay or bi shit but I can overlook that because he was just an all out madman.
    He would literally get blood transfusions so he could sober up and perform.
    A bottle of Whiskey and Gin for breakfast was his day to day.
    Nobody else really can intertwine German, English, Pop and Rap together like he did and make it enjoyable for all types of people.
    That Fucking Song, Rock Me Amadeus was everywhere.
    The guy oozed confidence and had a very direct approach.
    I'd follow a guy into battle with that type of charisma and bravado.
    He certainly loved womanizing, booze, drugs and the fast life.
    Similar to Hunter S. Thompson I suppose.
    They tried to make it sound like Falco drove into the bus on purpose but I think he was in a black out.
    I'm ok with offing oneself but not taking out other people against their will.
    I suppose, in the end, it is all Allah's Will as those Towel Heads claim?

Nobody can sing about how great cocaine and heroin is like he did.
    I mean it was only about 40 years prior that the Allies were bombing the hell out of that country and the Germanic People.

Last edited by monet; 11-13-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Der Kommissar was another one I remember getting played all the time on the radio back when it was released. It was so popular that the dance squad at my high school used this as their main dance routine number (they practiced next to the soccer field where I played soccer). A very enjoyable song.

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Thanks BoSox.
    Were they like the Jersey Boys (not original Four Seasons) before the Jersey Boys?

Thanks BoSox.
    Were they like the Jersey Boys (not the original Four Seasons) before the Jersey Boys?
    DannyJ, that was not the original group who sung it, it was actually done by a black group much better "The Avalons" but without a video which ill attach link: Most of those old songs of course did not have videos with their songs.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...RyDEhBs73uUPUQ

As far as the Echellons I do not know their history but here is their best song:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...I5Tf3NvVX6-XQN

Sorry it is correct now as I at first duplicated the two songs.
    Last edited by BoSox; 11-28-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Thank you Bosox. That's a lot of song packed into 2 1/2 minutes or so.

Continuing on with a change of pace, here is an instrumental from Chic:

Thanks BoSox.
    Were they like the Jersey Boys (not the original Four Seasons) before the Jersey Boys?
    DannyJ, that was not the original group who sung it, it was actually done by a black group much better "The Avalons" but without a video which ill attach link: Most of those old songs of course did not have videos with their songs.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...RyDEhBs73uUPUQ

As far as the Echellons I do not know their history but here is their best song:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...I5Tf3NvVX6-XQN

Sorry it is correct now as I at first duplicated the two songs.
    So I just looked up the Avalons, they predated the Four Seasons by about 20 years.
    Early R&B stuff. Great cruising music.
    We caught a variation of the Jersey Boys at Harrahs Reno a few years back. Loved it. Great show.

I think it is safe to say that Frankie Valli has one of the greatest voices of all time.

Apologies guys for my kidnapping of the thread. I should know better than to put those old obscure Doo-wop songs on here.

Thread Information