Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
What's this about a "theory of everything?"
A theory that I worked on, for about the last thirty-five years, in my spare time off and on. Most persons move on, from one interest to another, but, I kept at it, the same thing. For many years, I had no idea where it could lead, and how long before it would take a definite form, if ever. A lot of the heavy lifting with trying and discarding many things. As I settled into the latter part of my life, it was a bit easier to let up, especially after I met my own partner in life. Stuff like bridge, and crosswords, etc, are a faint memory. Lots of other similar puzzles including the two-handed typewriter words. Those types of puzzles clashed with what I was trying do. Less serious fun on some of the gambling sites got my mind off it, the more I was able to find a connecting thread through it. To a large extend, thinking that the next bit worked kept me at it, often the mistaken thoughts. I never really thought, from day to day, that each day was the day, but, seeing things in different ways is exciting enough that I fooled myself into keeping at it.

Lots of ways to look at a theory of everything. Lots to go with, say, the dimensional equation route. Every few years, I tried to find a way to calibrate it using the table of the chemical or periodic elements. About three years ago, this bit started to go in the direction of working out in terms of the numbers. Working in terms of the physics takes a long, long time to get anywhere, but, then, well, it has to be proved in some way, another thing that might not happen. Numbers are a lot easier to work with, if you can find numbers that start to work out together, but, you run the chance that such numbers can't be found. That a theory of everything isn't so simple, in a sense. That there is some underlying way every thing comes together.

My view is that nothing can be unified until everything is, that you can't really define anything until everything, including the way to do this sort of thing. That a theory of everything involves every thing, in the sense that no one thing is the theory, itself. You can't take even, eg, Einstein's way of doing physics over any other way of finding a theory of everything. It can't be any one number, equation, or even any one approach. Beyond this, a theory of everything must end somehow, it can't be evermore complex. I think that it must come to an end in the things that already make it up. After forming one dimension out of others, of different specific physics, on and there, there must be a trivial or non- dimension overall that forms automatically within all of them. A no-theme theme.

Anyway, the gambling stuff was a fun outlet, but, I want to focus on my own stuff now. I think that doing so here is a fun way, initially, because I can work on the explanation, and iron out a lot of the putting it together in terms of a straightforward way. Lots of editing, etc, with any write-up. Things are never so simple as, well, "Now I know it all, will write it all down, this is it because it's day-666 of year-911. Ha. I imagine that no one here much cares, but, I don't care about this. A bit of further motivation, and fun.