Originally Posted by monet View Post
Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
Thanks for the link Monet, I'm looking forward to listening to it (Boxing Hall of Fame guests, so it should be great). I agree about Jason Patric/Miller really giving a candid podcast with Rosenbaum and excellent points about wokism as you pointed out,along with giving credit where credit is due to the Lost Boys director (Joel Schumacher,RIP),set designer,etc. . Who knows what the inside story is regarding Jackie's stinginess as you wrote. I also never watched Smallville, however Rosenbaum's face was familiar to me so I figured I must have seen him in some other shit as a character actor. Looking at IMDB I noticed that one of the films I had seen him in was Poolhall Junkies (straight to video IIRC).
No worries.
This podcast had a great flow and Mike was clearly in great form as it is his element.
I'm not sure Sugar Shane even needed to be there as the real entertainment came from Hearns and Leonard.
If Haggler was alive and he did the podcast that would of been the icing on the cake and made much more sense.
In any case I really do highly recommend this podcast if you are a boxing fan of that era which I think you are.
I still go back and watch those fights from time to time as they are some of the best boxing matches ever.
Love me some Hearns, Haggler, Leonard, Durán... etc. etc.
On another note I listened to the Mickey Ward Podcast with Mike but it did not even come close to the same flow as the Co-Host Fucked it up in my opinion.
And Ward isn't as flamboyant as Hearns, Leonard and Iron Mike.
He is way more soft spoken.
Same goes for the Oscar De La Hoya interview as the Co-Host is mucking it up.
And De La Hoya was a bit too serious and depressing although he seemed very authentic for a guy with all that money.
I immediately went to the Boxing Podcast Guests for Iron Mike since that makes the most sense to me for his platform.
I did watch the Bill Burr 2 hour Podcast with Mike and Piven and I have to say that Mike called out Bill Burr many times and rightfully so IMO.
Piven held it together but it was a bit awkward and anytime I can see Burr squirm, I really enjoy that.
I like Piven on the Podcast but I'm unsure how they can or could actually afford him.
Maybe at that time he didn't have much work because of Covid.
Gee, I hope Keystone isn't too pissed off at me since I turned the Song Reco Thread into the Podcast Reco Thread.

Fun Fact, I guess...
John Cusack and Jeremy Piven were childhood best friends.
The actors were inseparable as kids and grew up attending a theater school run by Piven's parents.
Till Piven stole Julia Roberts away from Cusack and they hated each other for 20 years before making amends.
No, wait, that was those other two guys we talked about before.
I watched the Hotboxin' podcast with Hearns, Mosely and Leonard. I can see what you mean about Iron Mike being able to manage the podcast terrifically by himself. Also, when you have a superstar with a podcast they can get the big names like these 3 Hall of Fame boxers. It was a great episode and Leonard and Hearns going at it was awesome as you wrote. As you noticed, Iron Mike played the role of instigator trying to stir the pot a bit. Champion boxers will always have fire running through their veins and that's what made them champions in the first place. Thanks for letting me know about these later Hotboxin' podcasts with Piven, the new host in the David Spade podcast, and with Mike by himself - I will check some of these other episodes out.
Boxing is great and I think that is what has caused me not to really watch much MMA - I guess I just like the stuff I grew up with and really enjoyed.

Edit:Thanks for the info regarding Piven and Cusack - I didn't know about that.