Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: song reco

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Not bad.
    Made me think of Weird Science.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Not bad.
    Made me think of Weird Science.
    Cheers M8. Since you like vocoder funk, here's a classic (please disregard if you have heard this one - which wouldn't surprise me):

P.S, I just discovered that Dana Carvey and David Spade have a podcast (please disregard if you know this already), but I haven't yet listened to any of them yet:
    Last edited by tableplay; 09-16-2022 at 01:31 AM.

P.S, I just discovered that Dana Carvey and David Spade have a podcast (please disregard if you know this already), but I haven't yet listened to any of them yet:
    I've listened to some of them.
    I have mixed feelings.
    Funny Guys when they are doing their thing but their podcast is a bit odd in structure/format.
    For now they have been basically reliving there SNL days and only interviewing Former SNL cast members.
    And Dana is hosting Late Night TV and doing other things with Conan so not sure how dedicated they are.
    I dismissed it early on because they get very redundant but you have made me reconsider giving them a second chance.
    They just refuse to push the boundaries enough for my taste as they don't seem like they want to step on the toes of the Woke Left.

I haven't listened to this one yet and I rarely listen to Crowder but I like to listen to Alex Jones rant so...

Last edited by monet; 09-16-2022 at 05:25 AM.

I've listened to some of them.
    I have mixed feelings.
    Funny Guys when they are doing their thing but their podcast is a bit odd in structure/format.
    For now they have been basically reliving there SNL days and only interviewing Former SNL cast members.
    And Dana is hosting Late Night TV and doing other things with Conan so not sure how dedicated they are.
    I dismissed it early on because they get very redundant but you have made me reconsider giving them a second chance.
    They just refuse to push the boundaries enough for my taste as they don't seem like they want to step on the toes of the Woke Left.

I haven't listened to this one yet and I rarely listen to Crowder but I like to listen to Alex Jones rant so...

Thanks for the reco - I enjoy Alex Jones also so I am looking forward to it.

Probably the most tame and boring Alex Jones I have ever listened to but most likely spot on in what he was exposing.
    The Scientology Episode 2 was really good though.
    I didn't realize Jason Lee was one of them.
    Sort of odd with the characters he plays.
    And last thing I noticed was all those Full Fly on the Wall Episodes got stricken down.
    I'm glad that you posted them though as I got to listen to a couple.
    3 people is a bit much for me on a podcast and comedians are starting to go crazy with the saturation of podcasting on youtube.
    Sort of another form of a gold rush.

Probably the most tame and boring Alex Jones I have ever listened to but most likely spot on in what he was exposing.
    Sort of odd with the characters he plays.
    And last thing I noticed was all those Full Fly on the Wall Episodes got stricken down.
    I'm glad that you posted them though as I got to listen to a couple.
    3 people is a bit much for me on a podcast and comedians are starting to go crazy with the saturation of podcasting on youtube.
    Sort of another form of a gold rush.
    Yes I had a chance to listen to the Alex Jones podcast and enjoyed it. I also listened to the Colin episode and found it was relaxing and funny. I'm looking forward to the second Scientology podcast - I have it in my Youtube listening queue ready to go.

That was an epic episode. Twilight of the Mallrats (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11674246/ ;JasonLee as Brodie Bruce) for the win !!

That was an epic episode. Twilight of the Mallrats (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11674246/ ;JasonLee as Brodie Bruce) for the win !!
    Yeah and another thing I found really interesting is that Mark believes that Will and Jada Smith are Secret Scientologists and he made a good point about the school they invested in.

So I was searching around on Jackie Gleason watching some old clips.
    Anyways, I ran into his half grandson on a podcast I never paid any attention to.
    Jason Patric and Kiefer Sutherland on Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum.
    I'm sure you liked them in Lost Boys.
    I thought of you when I ran through the catalog and seen that Mike is a big 80's Horror Film Fan.
    So I haven't watched it but how can I not reco it for you!?
    You may have already watched it.
    I pretty much hate Horror Films but I did watch enough of them growing up.
    Nine, Ten, You'll never sleep again.

And as I was messing about I ran into Hotboxin With Mike Tyson.
    Since you brought up David Spade I figured I would let you know that David and Mike did a 45 minute episode.
    Not very good though and David is funny but he is seriously a big phony.
    The proof his when he apologized for 25 some odd years about one harmless Eddie Murphy joke.
    As If Eddie Murphy hasn't made jokes and offended many people throughout his career.
    The funny thing I found about that particular podcast is that Mike and his Co-Host are in these lush leather chairs while David is in the middle of them on some UnGodly Small Chair lol.
    I still don't understand having Weed Podcasts when the guests refuse to do Weed lol.
    Mike is fun to listen to but horrible at any type of direction or interviewing.
    Don't tell him I said that though.
    Joe Rogan recently did his show too but they pretty much only talked about MMA.
    On the other hand, Mike says he is and wants you to call him a Nigger and nobody can change his mind on that.
    3 Clips below for those who do not know or haven't seen them...

Twilight of the Mallrats (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11674246/ ;JasonLee as Brodie Bruce) for the win !!
    P.S. I read or heard that they are doing Clerks III.
    IMO it's ridiculous and just a cash grab.
    I mean a movie about Clerks who are now in their real life 50's?
    Whatever.

Twilight of the Mallrats (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11674246/ ;JasonLee as Brodie Bruce) for the win !!
    P.S. I read or heard that they are doing Clerks III.
    IMO it's ridiculous and just a cash grab.
    I mean a movie about Clerks who are now in their real life 50's?
    Whatever.
    That's right. It just got released a few days back. I'll have to watch it of course even though what you said is 100% true. Shit, even Clerks II was a cash grab as you know. I'm waiting for the HD version before I rip Clerks III - right now only a camera bootleg is available for putlockering.
    I enjoy Hotboxin', but haven't caught up with it for awhile so I appreciate the link. Also, I will listen to the Jason Patric/Sutherland episode - I haven't seen any of Rosenbaum's podcasts so I appreciate the post. Jason Patric has been in some terrific movies. In addition to Lost Boys, he was also the main character in Narc (with the late great Ray Liotta also) which is a top shelf movie as I think I posted about before. I also really liked the movie After Dark My Sweet he was in (Bruce Dern also) which came out in '90, which you have probably seen. I forgot a lot of it so I may have to watch it again.

With regard to America's Untold Stories, Groubert has sold me on the idea that Will Smith and his wife are Scientologists. That episode was so loaded with amazing facts and insights that I don't know where to begin. For example, I always knew that the Mormons hated blacks but I never realized that they would depict blacks as having horns in older Mormon artwork and that they stopped depicting them that way when they got too much blowback. It's great that Groubert will be doing more episodes about the Scientologists - but I hope they don't go after him for it. They fucked up Sonny Bono and caused Isaac Hayes to have a stroke. They exposed Nicole Kidman's affair when she was married to Tom Cruise, since she wasn't compliant and so on. How about how they actually bent the IRS into declaring them a non-profit by filing endless numbers of lawsuits against top IRS officials and the IRS itself until they capitulated. Then like you said, Marc Andreessen basically broke things down on Rogan about how large societies are just watered down cults. A lot of behavior we observe coming from top persons in government and other areas like the Hollywood scene can be explained by their membership in secret societies and cults. Groubert's opinion that many of these science fiction movies are just homages to Elrond Hubbard is one I agree with also (this dovetails into the idea that Will Smith, who Groubert mentions has made the most sci-fi movies of any major actor, is a Scientologist). Since this episode was so loaded, there is no way I will remember all the things I wanted to opine on that Groubert mentioned. This episode has to be amongst the best that Hunley and Groubert have made IMHO. When you have a guy that knows how society really works spilling the beans, you really start to appreciate that aspect of technology (the internet).

That's right. It just got released a few days back. I'll have to watch it of course even though what you said is 100% true. Shit, even Clerks II was a cash grab as you know. I'm waiting for the HD version before I rip Clerks III - right now only a camera bootleg is available for putlockering.
    I enjoy Hotboxin', but haven't caught up with it for awhile so I appreciate the link. Also, I will listen to the Jason Patric/Sutherland episode - I haven't seen any of Rosenbaum's podcasts so I appreciate the post. Jason Patric has been in some terrific movies. In addition to Lost Boys, he was also the main character in Narc (with the late great Ray Liotta also) which is a top shelf movie as I think I posted about before. I also really liked the movie After Dark My Sweet he was in (Bruce Dern also) which came out in '90, which you have probably seen. I forgot a lot of it so I may have to watch it again.

With regard to America's Untold Stories, Groubert has sold me on the idea that Will Smith and his wife are Scientologists. That episode was so loaded with amazing facts and insights that I don't know where to begin. For example, I always knew that the Mormons hated blacks but I never realized that they would depict blacks as having horns in older Mormon artwork and that they stopped depicting them that way when they got too much blowback. It's great that Groubert will be doing more episodes about the Scientologists - but I hope they don't go after him for it. They fucked up Sonny Bono and caused Isaac Hayes to have a stroke. They exposed Nicole Kidman's affair when she was married to Tom Cruise, since she wasn't compliant and so on. How about how they actually bent the IRS into declaring them a non-profit by filing endless numbers of lawsuits against top IRS officials and the IRS itself until they capitulated. Then like you said, Marc Andreessen basically broke things down on Rogan about how large societies are just watered down cults. A lot of behavior we observe coming from top persons in government and other areas like the Hollywood scene can be explained by their membership in secret societies and cults. Groubert's opinion that many of these science fiction movies are just homages to Elrond Hubbard is one I agree with also (this dovetails into the idea that Will Smith, who Groubert mentions has made the most sci-fi movies of any major actor, is a Scientologist). Since this episode was so loaded, there is no way I will remember all the things I wanted to opine on that Groubert mentioned. This episode has to be amongst the best that Hunley and Groubert have made IMHO. When you have a guy that knows how society really works spilling the beans, you really start to appreciate that aspect of technology (the internet).
    Wow... Great Breakdown!
    And I don't blame you for not keeping up with Hotboxin' with Mike Tyson.
    The Co-Hosts are the worst thing ever and the show has no coherent direction.
    I'd rather just listen to Mike and his legendary guests that he has on.
    Even though Mike isn't good at it I think it would be better than what it is right now.
    I got about halfway through the Ric Flair Podcast but it turned into a complete Shit Show when that woman opened her yapper.
    The Co-Hosts have no clue who they are talking to and it seems clear that they never do any type of research or at the very least make a list of questions.
    Or bring back Jeremy Piven.
    I guess the original cohost Eben Britton is out for good and the consensus is that he was the best fit for the show.
    Last edited by monet; 09-18-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Wow... Great Breakdown!
    And I don't blame you for not keeping up with Hotboxin' with Mike Tyson.
    The Co-Hosts are the worst thing ever and the show has no coherent direction.
    I'd rather just listen to Mike and his legendary guests that he has on.
    Even though Mike isn't good at it I think it would be better than what it is right now.
    I got about halfway through the Ric Flair Podcast but it turned into a complete Shit Show when that woman opened her yapper.
    The Co-Hosts have no clue who they are talking to and it seems clear that they never do any type of research or at the very least make a list of questions.
    Or bring back Jeremy Piven.
    I guess the original cohost Eben Britton is out for good and the consensus is that he was the best fit for the show.
    Thanks Monet. Yeah, I listened to the Hotboxin' podcast off and on back when Eben Britton was the cohost. So I was unaware that there was a change recently.
    In the podcast with Jason Patric and Kiefer Sutherland, the podcast host was careful not to ask Sutherland about his opinion on fellow Lost Boys actor Corey Feldman's similar path into a musical career. Just as Kiefer has branched out into a musical career, Corey Feldman has tried to do the same. However Feldman's musical performance on Today a few years back was so bad it came off as a parody IMHO. Basically the podcast host could have gotten some laughs out if his guests and audience if he had asked Sutherland "What do you think about touring with your former Lost Boys acting colleague Corey Feldman ?
    Here is Corey's beyond horrible performance if you haven't seen it already (I do greatly respect the guy for getting legislation through to push the age deadline from 26 to 40 years old in California to file lawsuits for childhood sexual abuse):

Thanks Monet. Yeah, I listened to the Hotboxin' podcast off and on back when Eben Britton was the cohost. So I was unaware that there was a change recently.
    In the podcast with Jason Patric and Kiefer Sutherland, the podcast host was careful not to ask Sutherland about his opinion on fellow Lost Boys actor Corey Feldman's similar path into a musical career. Just as Kiefer has branched out into a musical career, Corey Feldman has tried to do the same. However Feldman's musical performance on Today a few years back was so bad it came off as a parody IMHO. Basically the podcast host could have gotten some laughs out if his guests and audience if he had asked Sutherland "What do you think about touring with your former Lost Boys acting colleague Corey Feldman ?
    Here is Corey's beyond horrible performance if you haven't seen it already (I do greatly respect the guy for getting legislation through to push the age deadline from 26 to 40 years old in California to file lawsuits for childhood sexual abuse):
    Thanks for posting the video as I never knew he had a band or did that.
    I'm out of touch for the most part.
    But I will say that is a great way to be surrounded by 4 women which probably worship Feldman.

I never watched Smallville so I never knew who Michael Rosenbaum was or is.
    Like I say I just ran into that interview because I was watching some old Jackie Gleason clips.
    One in particular where he was riding around in his tricked out golf cart enjoying his millions and bragging about it.
    Anyways it seems like Kiefer has turned into his father with his looks, mannerisms and democratic ways.
    Never saying a bad word about anything it appears.
    Jason Miller aka Patric on the other hand seems pissed off and not afraid to talk about it lol.
    After his story and hatred towards Gleason I tried to find out about his mother and Gleason's daughter.
    I could barely find anything about it.
    I found an old interview with Linda Miller where she praised Gleason and did not say one bad word about her father.
    She did mention that he didn't help her much in the business and that she grew up with her mother as Gleason was divorced.
    Gleason's Father left him flat at an early age so history repeated itself with Jackie doing some of the same.
    In the end Gleason had a change of heart and upped his daughters inheritance to 25% of the estate and gave his secretary a raise from 25 to 100k.
    Patric seems to have done alright for himself even though he hates his Father and Grandfather respectively lol.
    I'm pretty sure that Jason doesn't know all of the ins and outs of whatever reason Gleason did what he did.
    I do share his sentiment about how movies are made today and how Fucked Up Cancel Culture Wokeism is.
    As I have said before... we, as in the American Society, had a great run of about 60 some odd years of peace and entertainment.
    Time to get back to killing, aka, WAR.

Last edited by monet; 09-18-2022 at 10:49 PM.

Here is an example of Mike on his own doing just fine.
    He doesn't need a Co-Host.
    Although, this particular episode is certainly in Mike's Wheelhouse.
    I haven't watched many of them but I sense this is one of his best episodes...

Here is an example of Mike on his own doing just fine.
    He doesn't need a Co-Host.
    Although, this particular episode is certainly in Mike's Wheelhouse.
    I haven't watched many of them but I sense this is one of his best episodes...

thanks for the link Monet, I'm looking forward to listening to it (Boxing Hall of Fame guests, so it should be great). I agree about Jason Patric/Miller really giving a candid podcast with Rosenbaum and excellent points about wokism as you pointed out,along with giving credit where credit is due to the Lost Boys director (Joel Schumacher,RIP),set designer,etc. . Who knows what the inside story is regarding Jackie's stinginess as you wrote. I also never watched Smallville, however Rosenbaum's face was familiar to me so I figured I must have seen him in some other shit as a character actor. Looking at IMDB I noticed that one of the films I had seen him in was Poolhall Junkies (straight to video IIRC).

Thanks for the link Monet, I'm looking forward to listening to it (Boxing Hall of Fame guests, so it should be great). I agree about Jason Patric/Miller really giving a candid podcast with Rosenbaum and excellent points about wokism as you pointed out,along with giving credit where credit is due to the Lost Boys director (Joel Schumacher,RIP),set designer,etc. . Who knows what the inside story is regarding Jackie's stinginess as you wrote. I also never watched Smallville, however Rosenbaum's face was familiar to me so I figured I must have seen him in some other shit as a character actor. Looking at IMDB I noticed that one of the films I had seen him in was Poolhall Junkies (straight to video IIRC).
    No worries.
    This podcast had a great flow and Mike was clearly in great form as it is his element.
    I'm not sure Sugar Shane even needed to be there as the real entertainment came from Hearns and Leonard.
    If Haggler was alive and he did the podcast that would of been the icing on the cake and made much more sense.
    In any case I really do highly recommend this podcast if you are a boxing fan of that era which I think you are.
    I still go back and watch those fights from time to time as they are some of the best boxing matches ever.
    Love me some Hearns, Haggler, Leonard, Durán... etc. etc.
    On another note I listened to the Mickey Ward Podcast with Mike but it did not even come close to the same flow as the Co-Host Fucked it up in my opinion.
    And Ward isn't as flamboyant as Hearns, Leonard and Iron Mike.
    He is way more soft spoken.
    Same goes for the Oscar De La Hoya interview as the Co-Host is mucking it up.
    And De La Hoya was a bit too serious and depressing although he seemed very authentic for a guy with all that money.
    I immediately went to the Boxing Podcast Guests for Iron Mike since that makes the most sense to me for his platform.
    I did watch the Bill Burr 2 hour Podcast with Mike and Piven and I have to say that Mike called out Bill Burr many times and rightfully so IMO.
    Piven held it together but it was a bit awkward and anytime I can see Burr squirm, I really enjoy that.
    I like Piven on the Podcast but I'm unsure how they can or could actually afford him.
    Maybe at that time he didn't have much work because of Covid.
    Gee, I hope Keystone isn't too pissed off at me since I turned the Song Reco Thread into the Podcast Reco Thread.

Fun Fact, I guess...
    John Cusack and Jeremy Piven were childhood best friends.
    The actors were inseparable as kids and grew up attending a theater school run by Piven's parents.
    Till Piven stole Julia Roberts away from Cusack and they hated each other for 20 years before making amends.
    No, wait, that was those other two guys we talked about before.
    Last edited by monet; 09-19-2022 at 04:06 AM.

Thread Information