Thread: Las Vegas to Utah Snowmobile Vacation

I'm a bit late on this but since mcap got me hot sucker and I am nothing but a lying piece of shit I figure I would finally post up this thread and some pictures.
    We took this vacation right before the problems with Covid and all the lock down measures.
    I almost bought a house a few miles away from where we currently live as it had a huge yard and it would fit our needs better.
    I actually offered 5k more than asking price but the seller backed out for some reason only 2 days after our offer.
    Funny thing is their realtor messaged us at the end of March asking if we wanted it and I just laughed because of Corona.
    A bit of a logistical problem with paperwork and moving.
    Prior to that I was about to take a trip to Tennessee to look at a property with 40 acres but opted for vacation instead.
    It was sold a few weeks after our vacation.
    Currently I am looking at a more expensive property in Tennessee with less acreage and a higher price tag.
    Kind of a perfect house/land situation but we had some issues with the offer so I am taking more time to think it over.
    I have a lot of choices but working on this vacation thread will help me not think too much.
    I'm sure I am going to get trolled in this thread but perhaps a few of you will enjoy it for what it is.
    We took this vacation in early February.
    I was just thinking about a Lake Tahoe trip in October but not too sure now as things constantly change.

It was cold in Utah but the weather was perfect for what we did.
    We spent some serious dough on snow suits, boots and winter clothing.
    I figured the trip would cost about 3 to 4 grand in total so I wasn't worried about it.
    I'd have to look it up but I think we spent under or close to 3k total.
    The lodging was 1175 total as I had to pay an extra 100 for two dogs which was worth it.
    It was fun to take the new truck through the snow covered roads and it was very quiet and peaceful up at around 8000 feet in elevation.
    The highest point that we were at was just under 10k.
    My uncle had a bit of altitude sickness for the first two days but came through and enjoyed a day of snowmobiling as the wife and I enjoyed 2 days.

We also took a ride over to Bryce Canyon for one of the days which was a nice ride and good take to take in the scenery.
    We have the lifetime military free pass so its nice to take advantage of it as we only use it at Lake Mead for the most part.
    I spent a few hundred dollars on a bunch of wood for fires at night and I had the upstairs of the A-Frame blazing hot.
    Everyone was pretty tired by 10 pm anyway so it wasn't a problem sleeping as we just opened some windows.
    We had one day of a nice snowfall.
    I played in the snow for an hour or two trying to build a snowman but only got the first two mounds completed.
    Gave up on the head and decorations as I was tired.
    Getting old but it was nice to enjoy that as I haven't done that for a very long time.
    I did all the cooking and the rental was equipped with more than I needed.
    They had a huge pantry full of free wine and liquor and I was surprised about that.
    The day before we left I got some to go Pastrami and Corned Beef Sandwiches from a local restaurant.
    The owner said at that time of the year it was always dead as far as business goes.
    All the action is during the Spring and Summer months.
    I enjoyed not having to fight through any crowds or lines.
    The snowmobile rental place had everything taken care of and we had no problems or hitches.
    All in all a great vacation at high altitude away from the Rat Race.
    Below are some pictures and I will add more eventually.
    I'll try to keep it in somewhat chronological order.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Another 5 pictures as I headed up the mountain.
    Not sure why the second and first picture in the OP are reversed in order but I don't want to fight to fix it.
    The first and second pictures in this second post are right around the 10k elevation mark.

Got a little free time here and some energy so I can post up 5 more pictures.
    This is when I arrived at my destination.

AH, I love winter. In keeping with the tone of this thread there is a Trump boat rally in this bluest of blue states I live in on Sunday August 23rd. I'll post some pics if I make it.
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

My question is.....why does the Negro Football League need a new "Inclusion & Diversity" officer (named Jonathan Beane, which we laughed at profusely ) when 75% of the players are black--many of them dumbass thugs?

Are they concerned about too few whites being in the league? How about we ask the ambassador for black punks in sports-- LeBron James. Any comment, you racist pig?

Very nice pictures Monet. Looks like an incredible time.

I have friends in Vegas who always take their 4 Wheelers out to the Pioneer in Goodspring from out by the M and I definitely want to do it sometime. But this trip puts that to shame.

Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    AH, I love winter. In keeping with the tone of this thread there is a Trump boat rally in this bluest of blue states I live in on Sunday August 23rd. I'll post some pics if I make it.
    Sounds good!
    Would enjoy viewing them.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Very nice pictures Monet. Looks like an incredible time.

I have friends in Vegas who always take their 4 Wheelers out to the Pioneer in Goodspring from out by the M and I definitely want to do it sometime. But this trip puts that to shame.
    Nothing wrong with 4 wheeling.
    Same difference basically.
    Fun is Fun.
    I do enjoy snowmobiling more though since I can get more control and longer straightaways.
    I've actually rented an RV and 4 Wheelers and headed out near the Racetrack where they have a bunch of trails, mounds and jumps.
    They are a bit rougher on the old peoples bodies though so those days are probably over but was fun and near home so just made an afternoon out of it.
    I wanted to do this to get into that mountain air.
    I had to almost beg my wife as she was working at the time but she was able to get 10 days off and we stayed in Utah for 8 Nights.
    As usual we left 16 hours or so early.
    For some reason I always get over my vacations a day early and am ready to go home.
    I take care of all the arrangements, driving, cooking and what not so I guess I get a bit more drained.
    That's my job though as the Entertainment Director of the family.
    Here are 5 more pictures.
    The kitchen was a bit messy but we just arrived and were focused on just getting the stuff inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA2VqPvBnQ
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I'm a bit late on this but since mcap got me hot sucker and I am nothing but a lying piece of shit I figure I would finally post up this thread and some pictures.
    I don't know that a bunch of pictures makes someone real or whatever. I mean, JuBe JuBes has the God thing backwards. God is what is real. We can't be real so long as God or whatever is. Just as money is backed by gold, well, reality by something real. Moreover, reality has no nature. It is what it is.

To try to put together a few more things on this forum. We had a snowmobile on the farm, fifty years ago. Back then, it was more for doing things around the farm, in the winter, when winters were so much worse. We had another farm, beside the home farm. Sometimes, when the roads and laneways were plugged, you could get, say, a sack of feed over to the other barn.

Anyway, late one night, around 2 am, when my parents and I were out visiting friends of theirs, my two older brothers got a call from the neighbor. The lights in the other barn were going on and off. So, they took the snowmobile, and two rifles, over to see what was happening. There were "rustlers" stealing cattle from the barn. I guess that they would turn the lights on long enough to kill something. I was just a kid, so, wasn't privy to all of the details. Maybe, a 50-calibre would have been more useful to try to "take out" the big truck, but, then more of a gun-fight (in the darkness) might have ensued. I do know that the "rustlers" were "rounded up", a couple of weeks later.
    Lustin' lutins (from) NUTS:LI (Lichtenstein), unlist insult, until's sunlit!

p
    M
    u
    r
    taRd

---> MR. L(osing).

Shut it down, LMR. = Low Mind thRust, (invar.)

555 = 111 + 4*111 = 15*37, or 37*15, as 153, and 7, or, 371, and 5. As 153 on 371, to 5/7 left, as 6 +/- 1.

3/21 to 8/22 is 153 + 1 days. 321 = 107*3 + 0; 123 = 3*71 + 0. To 1/0. 822 = (-1 + 7)(37 + 100); 228 = 57[6 - (1 + 1)], ---> 11411. 15[3^2] = 153 + (5 + 1). 154 days is ~ 42.08% of year 2020. 451 = 11*41^1.

Great pics Monet, time to boycott that Gatorade while fasting lol. That shit is equally as bad as soda for weight loss.

Monet, thanks for posting the terrific pictures of your vacation. I'm glad you and your family had a lot of fun.
    Best, TP.

Nice pics. I love the high country. I-15 is a very scenic drive from Las Vegas all the way up to Montana.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thanks MC and Tableplay for your comments!

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Great pics Monet, time to boycott that Gatorade while fasting lol. That shit is equally as bad as soda for weight loss.
    I agree.
    I drank some of that Gatorade but it is mostly for my uncle who is a Monster when it comes to drinking liquids.
    I swear that bastard would drink the toilet water if you let him.
    He drinks about 2 gallons of whatever per day.
    Recently it has been mostly Iced Tea that I brew and chill.
    However, he loves Coca-Cola and any other soda, coffee, Gatorade and sugar drinks as such.
    What he really loves is the Beer and Hard Liquor but after 2 or 3 beers or 2 ounces of Hard Drink he is wasted these days at his age.
    So I have to limit that beverage.
    I'd rather he have a glass or two of red wine as it does have some benefits.

Here are a few more pictures of this vacation and a video the Slant Eyed Wife took...

a video the Slant Eyed Wife took...
    She doesn't sound slant-eyed.

Interesting choice with Zarley Zalapski jersey, was it due to his name by chance? One of the best Pens trades ever, was Francis/K Samuelsson for Cullen/Zalapski. Cullen fell off a cliff after that, not having 66 to feed him the puck. He was never the same. Pens took it to the next level, after that, winning 2 cups in a row. That trade was huge for them. Francis was probably the most underrated player in history. He's also the upcoming GM, for the new Seattle team. Just read Zarley passed away couple years ago at 49.
    Last edited by Ozzy; 08-25-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Interesting choice with Zarley Zalapski jersey, was it due to his name by chance? One of the best Pens trades ever, was Francis/K Samuelsson for Cullen/Zalapski. Cullen fell off a cliff after that, not having 66 to feed him the puck. He was never the same. Pens took it to the next level, after that, winning 2 cups in a row. That trade was huge for them. Francis was probably the most underrated player in history. He's also the upcoming GM, for the new Seattle team. Just read Zarley passed away couple years ago at 49.
    I grew up in that area during that time period.
    That whole trade and basically the infiltration/shenanigans with Pittsburgh raping the Whalers caused the Whalers to move to Carolina and become the Hurricanes.
    Although I loved Zarley Zalapski I think Ulf Samuleson was a better pick up.
    It certainly didn't hurt to have Paul Coffee on the team.

I grew up in that area during that time period.
    That whole trade and basically the infiltration/shenanigans with Pittsburgh raping the Whalers caused the Whalers to move to Carolina and become the Hurricanes.
    Although I loved Zarley Zalapski I think Ulf Samuleson was a better pick up.
    It certainly didn't hurt to have Paul Coffee on the team.
    My bad I said Kjell Sam it was Ulf Sam. They are one of the most intresting franchises in all of sports, they were very fun to watch from 88-89 going forward. Mario saved that franchise twice, I don't think any other athlete has done that, 20 years apart, first as a player, then owner, quite impressive.

Thanks MC and Tableplay for your comments!
    However, he loves Coca-Cola and any other soda, coffee, Gatorade and sugar drinks as such.
    No problem Monet. I wish I didn't like Coca Cola so much, since dental implants are expensive. Oh well.

It's been a year.
    Goes Faster as you get older.
    I'm sure most of you understand that as VCT members seem mid-age or above.
    The uncle is getting too old now as he has a hitch in his step.
    No more snowmobiling for him unless we travel to South America for Stem Cells.
    I am so happy we got to get this trip in last year because it appears it was the last chance for him.
    The altitude didn't agree with his 3 pack a day habit.
    He couldn't smoke up there and actually had to take 2 weeks off till he readjusted to the Vegas Altitude.
    I have some more pictures from this trip but I guess I posted up enough.
    He was telling me that he could do it again but I refused.
    Told him that we will go to the beach/ocean in the summer time during this pandemic.
    He loves the Ocean and my wife prefers it over the snow.
    Couple of Pussies if you ask me.
    He thought we would take another trip to Malibu.
    I told him, HELL NO, because California is Closed.
    Fuck those Nazis.
    I couldn't even do my Reno Trip because of the Californian side of Lake Tahoe.
    I figure we will have to take a trip to Texas and if all else is closed I guess Florida would be the last resort.
    Unless we feel ambitious leaving the country but I don't think leaving Americas borders would be wise during these dark days.
    Truth be told I had found the perfect house/land in Missouri for the right price of 290k.
    2800 sq ft and 18 acres.
    It figures I would end up getting into a bidding war and had to relent.
    I found another one but they want 380k but that is sort of the tipping point for me.
    I'd be a little bit exposed at that price point.
    Nicer House but older and smaller with 18 manicured acres.
    I found a great house in TN for 260k but I don't like the probate/estate law differences in TN compared to MO.
    And the difference in Gun Laws.
    The search continues.
    Last edited by monet; 02-03-2021 at 12:11 AM.

Thread Information