Thread: Example of Ipse Dixit: Mickey Crimm & IT’s CM2

Tweet is here: https://mobile.twitter.com/mickeycri...26694951854083

“If its way to low then count on getting a play about once every two years.”

How does Mickey Crimm know that his assertion is true (25 being the “number” for the smallest jackpot on CM2)?

He doesn’t. That is why it’s an example of Ipse Dixit. It’s true because MC said so and no proof is required.

Someone had asked me in a DM / PM about the validity of MC’s dumb tweet so I told the guy the fastest way to prove the 25 number true is to set up the equation:
    - Given an RTP of 90%
    - Bonus Round hit frequency of 1 per X spins
    - Mint Bonus hit frequency during Bonus Round
    - Meter movement is 1% for the smallest jackpot, etc, etc
    [if you did it correctly, you should get a matrix of possible answers]

It’s easy to see why 25 cannot be the number. I used to be an AP and we scan the internet for leads, but it’s really important to to know how to set up the math equation as a sanity check. Over time, you learn to separate those who are clueless from those that inadvertently disclose the goose that lays the golden egg.

In summary beware of Ipse Dixit.

Is it Ipse Dixit or Ispe Dixit? You started two threads and spelled it both ways.

et factum est Errat
    Last edited by MaxPen; 08-26-2020 at 12:34 AM.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Is it Ipse Dixit or Ispe Dixit? You started two threads and spelled it both ways.

et factum est Errat
    Thats because he's an idiot.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by Ex-AP View Post
    Tweet is here: https://mobile.twitter.com/mickeycri...26694951854083

“If its way to low then count on getting a play about once every two years.”

How does Mickey Crimm know that his assertion is true (25 being the “number” for the smallest jackpot on CM2)?

He doesn’t. That is why it’s an example of Ipse Dixit. It’s true because MC said so and no proof is required.

Someone had asked me in a DM / PM about the validity of MC’s dumb tweet so I told the guy the fastest way to prove the 25 number true is to set up the equation:
    - Given an RTP of 90%
    - Bonus Round hit frequency of 1 per X spins
    - Mint Bonus hit frequency during Bonus Round
    - Meter movement is 1% for the smallest jackpot, etc, etc
    [if you did it correctly, you should get a matrix of possible answers]

It’s easy to see why 25 cannot be the number. I used to be an AP and we scan the internet for leads, but it’s really important to to know how to set up the math equation as a sanity check. Over time, you learn to separate those who are clueless from those that inadvertently disclose the goose that lays the golden egg.

In summary beware of Ipse Dixit.
    ex-not an ap, you continue to gratuitously defame people. And you continue to expose yourself as a blooming idiot. You conveniently left out a lot of information as to what I said so you could make your strawman argument. You are one STUPID dude.

When God said brains you thought he said rain and ran for cover.
    Your age is higher than your IQ.

So this is what you left out of what I said on twitter:

"I was told that its at advantage when the meter is at 25X the bet." Ex-not an AP, you totally left that out of what I said. Now let's break the sentence down. "I was told." That means that I didn't do any work on the game. That I was going completely off of what somebody else said. Only people like you with no reading comprehension would not get that.

This is also what you left out. I said my results were not impressive. How the hell did you forget that one? Why did you leave that out? Anyone can figure out that between "I was told" and "results not impressive" meant I wasn't making any money on that number so a higher number should be used. Oh, yeah, the facts don't get in your way when you want to defame someone to get your jollies off. What? Do you think you make yourself look good doing that?

I didn't put any effort into Crazy Money II. I just did some test plays off of information I was given (25X the bet.) I wasn't making any money so quit playing at that number. I figured I'd try 40X but low and behold I never found one that high. That's what my comment about getting a play every two years was all about.

Since I couldn't get any plays at 40X I didn't get a chance to analyze the game further. I don't think it would be that strong a play even at 40X. And I don't like spending time analyzing games that don't have strong money making potential. It takes away from time on the strong plays.

You know, its clear to me that you have some AP knowledge. But you act like a little kid that can't get his way.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 08-26-2020 at 08:10 AM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

ex-not an ap, you continue to gratuitously defame people. And you continue to expose yourself as a blooming idiot. You conveniently left out a lot of information as to what I said so you could make your strawman argument. You are one STUPID dude.
    He pulled the same straw man shit on the gaffed IGT 100%+ video blackjack. You had originally posted about it in regards to its presence in Reno. He ignored this and started talking about how in some other states machines cannot pay more than 100% due to their gaming regulations, so it is impossible (according to him) for this level of RTP on IGT video blackjack to exist in those states. Although you went above and beyond the call of duty, showing that there are oversights/mistakes and you can find 100%+ RTP in other states that have regulations against it (100%+ RTP OEJ in Minnesota was an example also), it wasn't necessary as you weren't even talking about other states in the original post,you were talking about Nevada (Reno specifically). It's somewhat pointless for me to mention this as he will continue to produce strawman along with other imbecilic comments. He should be the last person posting this shit.

way to blow a tweet out of context

Thread Information