Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSA: New Version of Hex 3

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Another thing I was told. The EV playing from the 6th level is the same as playing from the 8th level. It's worth the same amount of money. So the only difference should be the seat time involved. And it should mean there is no cost to play from the 6th level.
    Thank you for the convenient formula Smurgerburger and great stuff Mickey. So the main value in taking it at the 6th spot (or 7th) rather than the 8th would be the additional card points for those that run a card(s) since the EV from the play itself is the same.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Another thing I was told. The EV playing from the 6th level is the same as playing from the 8th level. It's worth the same amount of money. So the only difference should be the seat time involved. And it should mean there is no cost to play from the 6th level.
    Thank you for the convenient formula Smurgerburger and great stuff Mickey. So the main value in taking it at the 6th spot (or 7th) rather than the 8th would be the additional card points for those that run a card(s) since the EV from the play itself is the same.
    I forgot another clue I was given. Hex players even play on CZR properties because of the big freeplay they send. At least they used to. I'm sure there was multi-carding involved.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 12-22-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I forgot another clue I was given. Hex players even play on CZR properties because of the big freeplay they send. At least they used to. I'm sure there was multi-carding involved.
    I lost 400 taking a .80 Hex at 6 at a CZR property, for what it's worth. I would suspect they crank it way down there, but could just be terrible variance.

Mickey, if I just signed up for a card at a new property and coin on opportunities were scarce that day to generate mail, how bad of a bath do think I would take getting on a Hex at 5 at your average non-CZR property, assumingthe progressive was near reset? Any speculation on what the RTP to player could be there?

I saw the bit about the average number of spins to get it to 6 from 5 is 2379, but is there a way to factor in the value of the middle column being two above reset? Or, is the RTP at 3 just insanely low because the RTP as a whole factors in all play positions during the entire course of the machines play?
    Last edited by Rounder; 12-23-2021 at 02:41 AM.

Originally Posted by Rounder View Post

I lost 400 taking a .80 Hex at 6 at a CZR property, for what it's worth. I would suspect they crank it way down there, but could just be terrible variance.

Mickey, if I just signed up for a card at a new property and coin on opportunities were scarce that day to generate mail, how bad of a bath do think I would take getting on a Hex at 5 at your average non-CZR property, assumingthe progressive was near reset? Any speculation on what the RTP to player could be there?

I saw the bit about the average number of spins to get it to 6 from 5 is 2379, but is there a way to factor in the value of the middle column being two above reset? Or, is the RTP at 3 just insanely low because the RTP as a whole factors in all play positions during the entire course of the machines play?
    All I have is clues to go by. If hex players take a hex on the 5th level when the meter is double the reset value it should mean the cost to spin off the 5th level would be about 141 units. That would be about a 94% return. And I assume they are talking about machines that have a reasonable overall payback like 89% and higher.

I suspect that hex players pull the same tricks as the 10K must hit players and get them to work on the machine for some reason so they can get a glimpse of the payback.

PS You were playing an 85% hex on the CZR property.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Bump.

Since we're bumping, anyone have an opinion about the EV of a center column 5 at the 14.x% rtp?

Thread Information