Thread: Sturgis Rally Cost Our Nation $12.2 Billion

The Sturgis Rally was responsible for 20% of all the covid cases in the USA in the month of Aug. It cost public health 12.2 billion, and that is enough money to pay everyone who went over $26,000 not to attend.

Here is the entire study.
    http://ftp.iza.org/dp13670.pdf

Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    The Sturgis Rally was responsible for 20% of all the covid cases in the USA in the month of Aug. It cost public health 12.2 billion, and that is enough money to pay everyone who went over $26,000 not to attend.

I generally wait till a study is peer reviewed before I base my opinions on it. It was a given that this rally would be a spreader event, but claims this large beg for some substantiation. Counter arguments that I've heard so far include already rising infection rates and school openings. Since this study includes multiple states, I'm guessing that researchers can weigh their impact.

Here's hoping the rioting/burning/looting hits the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. MWP needs a good dose of reality.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Here's hoping the rioting/burning/looting hits the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. MWP needs a good dose of reality.
    You might see some protesting in the U.P., but I doubt if you will ever see any rioting. The local folks won't put up with any of that shit and neither will the police. The folks realize they can't just rebuild as the area is too poor. They value what they have. Besides, most folks are known in the community except maybe some students. There are very few blacks in the area and if any step out of line its been known for the judge to say either leave the U.P. or go to jail.

No good, MWP. Johns Hopkins has already debunked Sturgis being a super spreader.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information