Thread: Fastest Slot Nerf that I can recall was IGT’s “Wish Mistress”

Stupid bonus game: get 4 of same color gem and get a bonus. So it was a simple & fast milestone based bonus game. 4 Blue gems gave mostly 2 to 3 wild columns; 4 Red gems gave mostly 3 to 5 wild cells; and, 4 Yellow gems turn a targeted cell into expanding wild cells (typically into 6 or 9 wilds cells).

Within 1 month, the Red Gems by themselves were unplayable. Then Yellow gems were unplayable.

When I first mapped the game, any 2 set of 2 gems was a play. And in the bonus round, you pick 2 free games out of three choices (normally, I would choose the middle one).

So you go from making $1K a night on this game to maybe $100 if you got lucky. People still vulture this game if most of the gems are filled because you can get two or three bonuses at the same time, which can pay 50X your bet. You had to get the Lady and 5-line winners to max winnings.

Stupid game. Little or no information asymmetry and lots of vultures. So not surprise it was nerfed after 1 month.

Addendum:

This game has a bonus round structure like GE, Scarabs, etc.: you get three choices: (a) a few spins with the most wild symbols, (b) more spins with fewer wild symbols or (c) even more spins with fewest wild symbols per spin. The game pays the same average win in the bonus round REGARDLESS which choice you make; the ONLY difference was if you wanted big hits or not (e.g. how much volatility got you excited).

In Wish Mistress, I chose 2 spins despite always going for the middle (balanced) choice in GE, Scarabs, etc. In Wish Mistress, with the 2 spin choice, you get all 3 bonuses at the same time. This game gave an extra award for a Blackout of wild symbols so three bonuses at the same time would max the Blackout award during a bonus round.

If you ever have played IGT’s Monkey Prince, then you knew how to play Wish Mistress. In Monkey Prince, the game uses different colored masks as milestones; Wish Mistress uses Gems.

IGT's Wish Mistress? It's probably somewhere on their site that I don't have access to view.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  21.1 KB

Originally Posted by Prozema View Post
    IGT's Wish Mistress? It's probably somewhere on their site that I don't have access to view.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  21.1 KB

Yeah, I found that video clip but since their was nothing on IGTs site and no other info online I had assumed whomever posted the video got the name wrong.

Could it be that the OP made a mistake? I know he posted in another thread he was having trouble with his vision where he could no longer see from first to third base. I sure hope he gets the help he needs.

After the bonus about 57 seconds into that video you can see the persistent gems at the top of the screen. And he does say, "That's Wish Mistress".

Thread Information