I still play this game so I will keep most of the details hidden.

Game has a tell. It was a coin-in milestone game that awarded a progressive out of four possibles prizes. The progressive cracks after so many coin in when in a special mode.

The best version was $10 (at reset) prize at a max of $75 coin in. $10/$75 was 13.3%. It was not uncommon to crack or take down the progressive with only $20 coin in so that was 50%. After the nerf, it now takes a max of $250 coin in vs prior $75. I was the one-eye king taking them down and it usually cracks at $40 to $50 coin in so it was good ROIC.

So what are examples of coin-in based milestone games:
Fu Fu Fu (hate this game; can’t make money except in Reno market)
Wheel of Prosperity (btw, my buddy got a $10K+ prize on $0.88 bet)
Feature Streak

And there are a lot more of these types of machines and each of them has a “tell” so hustlers knew when to play, e.g. Feature Streak has flames.

People asked me for a good definition for ROIC: I would use [Coin Out / Coin In] minus 1. So $43 coin out based on $28 coin in would be 53.47% [(43/28) - 1]. I would get 2 to 3 plays an hour on the Fu game so it added up and bonus round could award $100+ on $0.88 bet; no bonus round, I get easy money and with bonus rounds, it was huge! Sometimes the progressive was $18 but most were in $12 range.

Wheel of Prosperity is a good game if you have the patience, bankroll and can stomach the variance. The tell is not obvious but it is there.