Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida back open 100%

Our incredible Governor just opened back up 100% to save Small Business. And won’t allow anyone to be fined for mask rules individual counties regulated. And no local municipality can change his rulings without a lawsuit.

Ron sees how South Dakota did it and understands its time to open up.

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/...se-3-reopening

No State Income Tax
    No school tax
    Low Property Taxes

And he wants a full Super Bowl in Tampa in February!

Florida wins again!

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Our incredible Governor just opened back up 100% to save Small Business. And won’t allow anyone to be fined for mask rules individual counties regulated. And no local municipality can change his rulings without a lawsuit.

No State Income Tax
    No school tax
    Low Property Taxes

Florida wins again!
    What do you think about beachfront property as an investment?
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

I should move to Florida. I'm tired of wearing the cuck rag.
    #NOMASKS

Edit: that humidity though and Florida Man....ooof

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

No State Income Tax
    No school tax
    Low Property Taxes

Florida wins again!
    Based on your usual replies, I have no clue if you are serious or being a smart ass. But I’ll play and give you the benefit of the doubt.

I see beachfront property as the same good investment over time, like most real estate. That said, some took 8-10 years to get back to 2008 levels.

For those who don’t own a home, a first home is the best investment you can make. Assuming you have a decent income, the tax benefits even with low interest rates are incredible. And in most cases you will pay less for a mortgage than you will in rent. It’s a no brainer but a few will argue it.

The problem is most never will save the needed down payment because of life choices. Instead of a $1000 mortgage, they will pay $1200 in rent.

But back to beachfront property as an investment, where do you see it compared to regular real estate?

And if you are playing the climate change game, I like this guys opinion if it’s safe.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/real-est...acation-photos

No State Income Tax
    No school tax
    Low Property Taxes

Florida wins again!
    Based on your usual replies, I have no clue if you are serious or being a smart ass. But I’ll play and give you the benefit of the doubt.

I see beachfront property as the same good investment over time, like most real estate. That said, some took 8-10 years to get back to 2008 levels.

For those who don’t own a home, a first home is the best investment you can make. Assuming you have a decent income, the tax benefits even with low interest rates are incredible. And in most cases you will pay less for a mortgage than you will in rent. It’s a no brainer but a few will argue it.

The problem is most never will save the needed down payment because of life choices. Instead of a $1000 mortgage, they will pay $1200 in rent.

But back to beachfront property as an investment, where do you see it compared to regular real estate?

And if you are playing the climate change game, I like this guys opinion if it’s safe.

I'm not playing any game, it was a serious question. I didn't want first time home-buyer speech but was curious. Not only is the water level going to rise, we see what appears to be a change in the frequency of Atlantic storms. I wouldn't move to FL to buy investment property - that I know. At least not on the beach.

Don't think Obama's are dependent on their investment like a typical first time homebuyer but interesting article.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

I'm not playing any game, it was a serious question. I didn't want first time home-buyer speech but was curious. Not only is the water level going to rise, we see what appears to be a change in the frequency of Atlantic storms. I wouldn't move to FL to buy investment property - that I know. At least not on the beach.

Don't think Obama's are dependent on their investment like a typical first time homebuyer but interesting article.
    I agree on the Obama’s. That said, most first time buyers are not buying water front properties for many reasons. In my case, insurance along with association fees are expensive. Most can’t afford them on top of a mortgage. Not bragging but it’s a reality.

My situation is I am selling 2 homes to buy a waterfront home. I am willing to take the risk because the odds of me
    having my home destroyed is little to none. Homes have been built to sustain hurricane winds and are elevated for flood surge.

In my lifetime, I have no fear of water levels rising. Nor do most of buyers or investors. Maybe we will be made to look like fools, but I’m betting against it. Nice liberal (sorry to bring politics into it) talking point but it’s a longer shot than the’Vid killing the average healthy American.

Start living or start dying. Your choice.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    #NOMASKS

I wouldn't move to Florida because of the Hurricanes.
    It is hard to move from Vegas because it has basically been all I have known since 1990.
    Recently, Nevada has been turning into California.
    I wanted to move 6 months to a year ago but that Chink Virus slowed my process down.
    I thought I was going to move to Tennessee because of the weather and laws.
    Seemed the perfect fit but they have a couple laws that gives me a small problem.
    So I was looking into Mississippi but they have the same two laws.
    Plus they get more problematic weather.
    The big thing with Mississippi is that your dollar basically doubles.
    Anyways, I found that Missouri and Arkansas both have the laws that I want.
    All 4 states are Republican from my understanding which is what I want.
    They all have the gun laws that I want like No Background Check for private gun sales.
    That's a big deal to me.
    Not that I can't pass a Background Check as I just did because I bought two new weapons but it's a pain in the ass when everyone selling used guns wants to meet up for an FFL Transfer and it takes 3 to 5 days to wait.
    The problem with Tennessee and Mississippi is they don't allow PODs on Vehicle and House Titles/Deeds to avoid the Probate/Will process.
    I just went through a Probate Process that took 18 months and I never want to have to do anything like that again.
    Missouri and Arkansas allow property and vehicles to have a POD listed.
    Arkansas has more Tornados which scares my Slant Eyed Gook Wife!
    Missouri is more likely to have Snow and Colder weather.
    Anyways... I think I am going to move near the South East of Missouri.
    Planning a road trip now and might leave tonight or early tomorrow morning.
    I am not scared of the Corona but I do notice that Missouri and those other states are rising in cases over 1000 per day.
    Over here in Las Vegas we are down to 200 to 300 per day so there is that.
    Of course Missouri has about 3x the population compared to Nevada so the total percentage is actually smaller for the time being.

Not that any of this matters to you but its on the topic of your post.
    You have to give Boz some credit as it is incredibly difficult to pull the trigger on such a long move for me.
    Last edited by monet; 09-25-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    #NOMASKS

It is hard to move from Vegas because it has basically been all I have known since 1990.
    I wanted to move 6 months to a year ago but that Chink Virus slowed my process down.
    Seemed the perfect fit but they have a couple laws that gives me a small problem.
    They all have the gun laws that I want like No Background Check for private gun sales.
    That's a big deal to me.
    The problem with Tennessee and Mississippi is they don't allow PODs on Vehicle and House Titles to avoid the probate/will process.
    I am not scared of the Corona but I do notice that Missouri and those other states are rising in cases over 1000 per day.
    Of course Missouri has about 3x the population compared to Nevada so the total percentage is actually smaller for the time being.

You have to give Boz some credit as it is incredibly difficult to pull the trigger on such a long move for me.
    My grandmother was born in Branson, Missouri. I remember visiting the Ozarks as a kid. The water slides were the best going down the hills. That whole area is nice. Not sure if I could live there though. Not enough going on for me.

I agree on the Obama’s. That said, most first time buyers are not buying water front properties for many reasons. In my case, insurance along with association fees are expensive. Most can’t afford them on top of a mortgage. Not bragging but it’s a reality.

My situation is I am selling 2 homes to buy a waterfront home. I am willing to take the risk because the odds of me
    having my home destroyed is little to none. Homes have been built to sustain hurricane winds and are elevated for flood surge.

In my lifetime, I have no fear of water levels rising. Nor do most of buyers or investors. Maybe we will be made to look like fools, but I’m betting against it. Nice liberal (sorry to bring politics into it) talking point but it’s a longer shot than the’Vid killing the average healthy American.

Hmm my first post was lost.

I am not playing climate scientist but I'm starting to believe feedback loops will be coming into play and models might have been a bit soft. I was just wondering what your take on it was.

Regardless, this stuff is far from a "talking point". lmao. Multi-decade "talking point". Genius. Even Monet followed up acknowledging it with fuck the storms.

I do like your lil quips like 'Start living or start dying'. You are blessed to be around people who are slow enough to eat up such vapid sayings. You should look into running for city council once your residency is established. Seriously.

Hmm my first post was lost.

I am not playing climate scientist but I'm starting to believe feedback loops will be coming into play and models might have been a bit soft. I was just wondering what your take on it was.

Regardless, this stuff is far from a "talking point". lmao. Multi-decade "talking point". Genius. Even Monet followed up acknowledging it with fuck the storms.

I do like your lil quips like 'Start living or start dying'. You are blessed to be around people who are slow enough to eat up such vapid sayings. You should look into running for city council once your residency is established. Seriously.
    No intentions of running for anything. Like being in business, I did it and moved on. I had a goal, but I regress.

And no intentions of missing the point if your first post. Please let me know your thoughts on what you were looking for. Regardless of what you think of me and my opinions, I appreciate yours.

#NOMASKS

That's a big deal to me.
    Not that I can't pass a Background Check as I just did because I bought two new weapons but it's a pain in the ass when everyone selling used guns wants to meet up for an FFL Transfer and it takes 3 to 5 days to wait.
    The problem with Tennessee and Mississippi is they don't allow PODs on Vehicle and House Titles/Deeds to avoid the Probate/Will process.
    I just went through a Probate Process that took 18 months and I never want to have to do anything like that again.

It is a long move but I already had a place here for a few years. And I still have the place in Tahoe.

I’ve loved Florida since I was a kid and my parents drove me here as a kid. Was the 70’s with the old tourist attractions.

Visited many times over the years. And always wanted to be here FT.

As for the Hurricanes, that’s an unrealistic talking point. The panhandle has gotten hit a few times over the past few years. One of favorite bars in America the Florabama got hit last week as it has multiple times over the past century. It opened back up yesterday at 11AM. The worst thing from the hurricanes in the pythons in the Everglades.

Nevada and Florida are equal in no state income tax. As someone living off investment income, that a huge difference.

Gun laws are good for the average citizen here.

Keep an open mind Monet. Every place has its good points and bad. As an entirely Florida has more good points than most places.

Even Monet followed up acknowledging it with fuck the storms.
    I have a chicken shit wife who thinks God will send a Tornado/Hurricane to her house lol.
    I tried to show her the math but she thinks (2 + 2 = 5).
    She also thinks the Corona is in the air or in the air conditioners!
    I blame myself as I made her watch that movie Twister recently
    My situation is a bit different than Boz though.
    I think Boz was looking for place to retire and enjoy the waterfront.
    Actually I suppose he already found it, bought it and is moving into it!
    I want 20 to 40 acres of land to have a Hobby Farm.
    I want Horses, Chickens, Sheep and perhaps a few other critters.
    I want to be able to open my back door and let my dogs run free till they can't stand it.
    I want to be able to build fires in my back yard and just enjoy that.
    I'm going to buy a bass boat and get back into fishing the lakes and rivers nearby.
    I don't want close neighbors so I can shoot 600 to 1000 yards for practice and fun.
    I want more open or pastured land compared to forest.
    I would like a bit more tempered weather but it's very difficult to get everything you want for 300k to 400k.
    MaxPen says that the area doesn't have enough action but I disagree.
    For what I am planning on it will be nothing but action or actually hard work.
    I'm looking at houses that are 3000 to 5000 square feet with 20+ acres.
    It is pretty amazing when you compare property in Vegas to these rural areas.

Colorado did not get mentioned. Any comments? Thinking Manitou Springs. Had enough of Florida, I’m a mountain guy living in Florida.

Originally Posted by House of Orange View Post
    Colorado did not get mentioned. Any comments? Thinking Manitou Springs. Had enough of Florida, I’m a mountain guy living in Florida.
    I looked hard into Colorado.
    Problem with the Water Rights and I don't like the Government/Leadership of that state.
    You can buy the property but it is difficult to get the Water Rights so you might want to research that.
    I don't like their gun laws.
    Property is more expensive and Taxes are higher.
    Also some harsh winters to deal with.
    Farm Land isn't as lush as the MidWest or South.
    Ranching is the option compared to Farming.
    Not a bad place if you want to hunt Elk but that's a lot of work.
    Last edited by monet; 09-25-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Originally Posted by House of Orange View Post
    Don’t want to get too detailed but always figured you were on the Gulf Coast based on the trips to Biloxi. I love the 10 drive.

If I was to go buy a place in Colorado it would be Estes Park or Grand Lake. I have visited both places many times and while both get their share of tourists, they have the local community environment we love. Sure there are many other similar places in CO, but like Monet said, the politics are not my style. And that matters because laws change and the mob is getting angry.

My grandmother was born in Branson, Missouri. I remember visiting the Ozarks as a kid. The water slides were the best going down the hills. That whole area is nice. Not sure if I could live there though. Not enough going on for me.
    A dozen casinos in northeast Oklahoma. They surround the town of Miami, Ok. Not that far from Branson and the Missouri Ozarks. The Arkansas Ozarks are right there too.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Even Monet followed up acknowledging it with fuck the storms.
    I have a chicken shit wife who thinks God will send a Tornado/Hurricane to her house lol.
    I tried to show her the math but she thinks (2 + 2 = 5).
    She also thinks the Corona is in the air or in the air conditioners!
    I blame myself as I made her watch that movie Twister recently
    My situation is a bit different than Boz though.
    I think Boz was looking for place to retire and enjoy the waterfront.
    Actually I suppose he already found it, bought it and is moving into it!
    I want 20 to 40 acres of land to have a Hobby Farm.
    I want Horses, Chickens, Sheep and perhaps a few other critters.
    I want to be able to open my back door and let my dogs run free till they can't stand it.
    I want to be able to build fires in my back yard and just enjoy that.
    I'm going to buy a bass boat and get back into fishing the lakes and rivers nearby.
    I don't want close neighbors so I can shoot 600 to 1000 yards for practice and fun.
    I want more open or pastured land compared to forest.
    I would like a bit more tempered weather but it's very difficult to get everything you want for 300k to 400k.
    MaxPen says that the area doesn't have enough action but I disagree.
    For what I am planning on it will be nothing but action or actually hard work.
    I'm looking at houses that are 3000 to 5000 square feet with 20+ acres.
    It is pretty amazing when you compare property in Vegas to these rural areas.
    Alot of hard work is spot on. My grandfather was a farmer in Kansas. Mother still leases the land out. I lived on the farm during 3rd and 4th grade as my mother thought it best. Otherwise I was raised in California from about 5 and on.
    I would visit Kansas regularly until my grandfather passed. I'm just not a Midwest type of person. I can understand the rampant alcohol and drug abuse there. I find it mostly boring.
    I like Vegas because your less than a day from almost any activity. Not that I participate in much of anything. But atleast it's available.
    The one cool thing about living there was driving myself to school in the 3rd grade. Not sure if that is still allowed now. Used to get your ass beat in class with a wooden paddle too. California didn't operate like that. That's for sure.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    A dozen casinos in northeast Oklahoma. They surround the town of Miami, Ok. Not that far from Branson and the Missouri Ozarks. The Arkansas Ozarks are right there too.
    I know of a few APs considering moves out to the midwest. Theory being is less educated casino operators and less competition.

No State Income Tax
    No school tax
    Low Property Taxes

Florida wins again!
    Now just watch the covid go sky high, and death rates skyrocket. What an idiot Florida has for a Governor. Hell even Tasha won't recommend doing that.

Finally! But Florida Officials admitted MONTHS ago that the Mandatory Shutdowns were a HUGE mistake. On an interesting note, a Family who stayed inside ALL of the shutdown STILL got the Coronavirus. They were in the News. So, even people who NEVER left STILL got sick. Leading credence to the "Shutdowns were a HUGE mistake," admission.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

Thread Information