Thread: Offshore Contest Contention

After four weeks, I'm tied for eighth in the Northbet no-spread NFL contest and tied for 17th in the Heritage no-spread contest that incorporates NFL totals along with the no-spread selections. I usually manage to hang around once I get myself into contention in these kinds of contests. I think any Northbet account holders can access the standings each week. I won the Heritage contest, which has several thousand entrants, a few years back. First prize was 25K in Super Bowl wagers.

After the smoked cleared from Monday's games, tied for eighth in both contests. Always fun to compete when you're on the leaderboards.

Heading into the final week of offshore contests. As I said, if I'm on the leaderboard early, I tend to hang around. This was actually the worst year I have had in terms of selecting outright no-spread winners in the NFL. But I did okay.

In the Northbet contest, I am still tied for eighth heading into the final week. Northbet is a no spread NFL handicapping contest with, by my estimation, about a thousand entrants. The leader has 167 wins; I have 162. I won a weekly prize early on in the contest.

In the Heritage contest, which features no spread NFL plus totals, I moved into 19th place this last week with 141 points. The leader has 144. Heritage has a couple thousand entrants. I won it a few years back. My girlfriend won it the following year, tying for first with three other people. The winner gets 25K in Super Bowl wagers.

In the Youwager NFL handicapping contest, which features NFL spread selections, I am tied for ninth. This contest has just 285 entrants. I don't usually enter NFL handicapping contests, but the format of this one appealed to me this year. You can select up to six games a week, but you have the option of selecting none if you decide. Since I usually don't wager on many NFL games, this works for me. Well, I have a score of 17 thus far, which is 17 games over .500. That's probably the best I have ever done, considering I rarely bet more than 30 NFL sides in a season. I will work out what the record is when it's finished. The leader has 28, which is phenomenal. I probably won't take any games this week. I'm not going to make plays just to try to catch him, even though that's the technically correct thing to do from a raw gambling perspective. I'll take the +17 and be content with it.

Now, does doing well in contests mean that someone wins wagering? Well, no it does not. But it's similar to running a good 3K. If you can't run a good 3K on the track, then you sure as hell can't run a good 3K steeplechase. I think of contests as 3ks and wagering for a living as 3K steeplechases.

And finally, the only other contest I'm in was a really stupid, free one, but I entered it just because Rob Singer is on this forum. I'll post about it in a separate thread.

That's it for this season. I have to make a decision in these contests whether to take whacky final week lineups to try to move up and cash for more or just sit with these records and places as works of art. At the age of 63, I think I prefer the works of art.

That's it for this season. I have to make a decision in these contests whether to take whacky final week lineups to try to move up and cash for more or just sit with these records and places as works of art. At the age of 63, I think I prefer the works of art.

Keep those "works of art" Masterpieces coming you f----- nutcase. When does the autobiography hit the presses? You probably are already working on your own three-page obituary to make sure none of those works of art are somehow omitted. Establishing a legacy must be very pleasing to you. Your life's story should be titled: The man without any clients!

I do realize that you're only deliberately writing these insignificant tales about your life to only try to aggravate people for whatever reason, perhaps hoping for some kind of recognition like Singer gets. Sorry, Dietz, you are out of Singer's league, there will be no recognition down the road for you, Mr. Wise Guy.
    Last edited by BoSox; 01-03-2021 at 08:25 AM.

I can see why Red was always so cautious about not posting up real-time actual bets. Singer did - if you can believe that stuff either - several times, but, never got a single one right. In general, no matter what Singer wrote, it went the other way.

Anyway, it's good to see Red back, at least a bit. He was the one that kept this place going, with Singer and Mendelson, and several lesser-known posters, before the AP nuts descended on it because they got the boot from the Wizard's place. Look how that turned out. All but KJ piled on the Trump wagon. Too bad that KJ doesn't have brain in his head. (Too bad that Red, still, believes in him.)

At least the systems, and recreational, players greeted each other with Merry Christmas, etc, didn't go out of their way to put each other down, didn't have anything to prove, and, so on.
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsa6ojQcYXQ

Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/

Final tallies:

1) Northbet -- No Spread NFL -- finished tied for sixth.
    2) Heritage -- No Spread NFL plus NFL totals -- finished tied for sixth.
    3) YouWager -- NFL spread -- eighth out of 283.

And finally, the homage to Rob Singer. Out of the well-into-five-digits entries in Gaming Today's No Spread NFL, RoDi finished tied for sixth. The Gaming Today contest did not include the Thursday night games, in which I did poorly.

"Tied for sixth" must be the theme. Garnabby can figure it out. If you're tied for sixth three times, is that the Mark of the Beast?

I think that it's the Mark of Bosox. Nasty little yipper. All tied up, but no where to go. Ha.

Gold
    Garnabby's Avatar Join Date
    Aug 2020
    161 ------------------------------------> Not quite 616, but, it will do.
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsa6ojQcYXQ

Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/

Thread Information