Well, we've rediscovered the Daily Grill. The one we go to is the one in Brentwood along the "restaurant row" that includes some very fine restaurants. Daily Grill is not fancy, but it is very good and some of the dishes are worth their price.

I rediscovered their filet mignon with the blue cheese dressing/sauce and its the topping that makes this steak so great.

I've had their pepper steak and their rib eye and neither is worth the price.

Two things I don't like about the Daily Grill: one is its 'pub like" atmosphere. If they added table cloths the place would be more elegant -- but htat would probably raise the prices.

The other thing I don't like is that its "kid friendly." I don't mind kids, but I always end up sitting at a table next to a bunch of loud kids and when I go to a restaurant for a good steak and for any meal costing more than $25 per person I don't want kids around.

Dinner for two for the two of us was $75 with tip and that included soft drinks, and an appetizer we shared. No dessert.

They have a new menu with items under 600 calories but the portions are smaller and in the case of the filet mignon the steak is smaller and lacks the blue cheese sauce and you get a vegetable instead of the delicious mashed potatoes with spinach that comes with the big steak.

But yes, the 600 caolorie entres do have a lower price to go with their smaller size.