Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Smart Money

Ok 3-3 going into the third.
    That's not a bad position to be in at all.
    Time for some Duck Soup!!

I was sweating your action dannyj.
    Stupid Ducks.
    Sad Face.

500 hours is starting to pay off.
    Long way to go to get on a pro tour but it's improvement.
    Top 50 players shoot 12 to 18 under like clockwork on the toughest conditions.
    I'll be happy to crack the top 450 or at least that's the goal.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I was sweating your action dannyj.
    Stupid Ducks.
    Sad Face.
    Thanks Monet.

Mental notes.
    Sometimes the Ducks do get up at home.
    Damn if the Panthers didn't go over. Hellebuyck was solid, Spencer Knight not so much.

I'm looking at a couple sides and two overs today, but still waiting to see who is in goal.

Bruins PL +150 (All systems go on this one) MacKinnon out, among others.
    Oilers PL -115 (I'll probably go on this one regardless) Jack Campbell is expected, but man has he struggled.

BUF/CBJ OV 6.5 -130
    VAN/SJS OV 6.5 -120

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    I'm looking at a couple sides and two overs today, but still waiting to see who is in goal.

Bruins PL +150 (All systems go on this one) MacKinnon out, among others.
    Oilers PL -115 (I'll probably go on this one regardless) Jack Campbell is expected, but man has he struggled.

BUF/CBJ OV 6.5 -130
    VAN/SJS OV 6.5 -120
    4 and oh baby doll!
    Just another 14 to 1 on your money bet posted beforehand... FOR... FREE!
    This thread is hot but we get no respect.
    Don't Bet Parlays!

Don't Bet Parlays!
    Well I appreciate some, not all but some hockey picks from both of you as well as some picks from Druff that I tag a long with. I suspect the no paralys and respect comment is more directed at redietz who I guess advises against parlays.

Rather than a 4 teamer, yesterday I did 4 different 3 team combos. Does this strategy have a name...round robin or something? This way if 3 out of the 4 picks win, I win money and if all 4 win I will much more money. Last week when Danny hit 3 of 4, I won one of my 3 teamers for a return of $860 on my 4, $100 bets, doubling my money. Last night my return was $3060 or just over 7.5 times. LESS that the 14-1 for a 4 teamer but I will take the trade off to double my money on 3 of 4.

Last nights picks were incredible, Danny, because if you were watching the games they all were over early. Buffalo scored 6 times in first period of an over 6.5 game. LOL. The other over game was 3-3 after 2 periods, guaranteeing a win. Oilers were 5-1 after 2 periods. the only game remotely close was Boston lead 2-0 after 2 periods, so an Aves goal would have screwed things up, but the Aves never scored while Boston added two more goals in the third. Made for absolutely no sweating these games and that rarely happens.

Now I hope somebody has an opinion on tonight's NFL game, because I can't find anything I like about either team.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Don't Bet Parlays!
    Well I appreciate some, not all but some hockey picks from both of you as well as some picks from Druff that I tag a long with. I suspect the no paralys and respect comment is more directed at redietz who I guess advises against parlays.

Rather than a 4 teamer, yesterday I did 4 different 3 team combos. Does this strategy have a name...round robin or something? This way if 3 out of the 4 picks win, I win money and if all 4 win I will much more money. Last week when Danny hit 3 of 4, I won one of my 3 teamers for a return of $860 on my 4, $100 bets, doubling my money. Last night my return was $3060 or just over 7.5 times. LESS that the 14-1 for a 4 teamer but I will take the trade off to double my money on 3 of 4.

Last nights picks were incredible, Danny, because if you were watching the games they all were over early. Buffalo scored 6 times in first period of an over 6.5 game. LOL. The other over game was 3-3 after 2 periods, guaranteeing a win. Oilers were 5-1 after 2 periods. the only game remotely close was Boston lead 2-0 after 2 periods, so an Aves goal would have screwed things up, but the Aves never scored while Boston added two more goals in the third. Made for absolutely no sweating these games and that rarely happens.

Now I hope somebody has an opinion on tonight's NFL game, because I can't find anything I like about either team.
    I was watching KJ. It was one of those days where I didn't have to sweat the totals or the sides (Boston) too much.

DraftKings offers the round robin but I have yet to explore it. Maybe I'll check that out. Maybe not. I'm trying to be more like Monet, stick it in and break it off. Many times though I can't help but hedge. It's too easy. Feels ok when I win the hedge, but it stings like a bitch when I water down the original.

Anyhow, I'm glad you came along.

Stick it in.
    Break it off.
    Best Strategy.

Do I have recency bias if I kinda like the Sabres ML or the Over? Probably a trap and the Pens take care of business.
    NJD PL looks good, but the NYI play D and are well coached. Probably stay away.

Pulled the trigger on this 3 teamer.

Flames PL +100
    Bruins PL -125
    Vegas PL +105 (Hoping Eichel is not out)

+638

Others I'm thinking about.

Kraken ML
    Jets PL (backup goalie expected)

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    Do I have recency bias if I kinda like the Sabres ML or the Over? Probably a trap and the Pens take care of business.
    NJD PL looks good, but the NYI play D and are well coached. Probably stay away.

Pulled the trigger on this 3 teamer.

Flames PL +100
    Bruins PL -125
    Vegas PL +105 (Hoping Eichel is not out)

+638

Others I'm thinking about.

Kraken ML
    Jets PL (backup goalie expected)
    Fuck Eichel.
    Lazy Prick!
    Go back to Buffalo you Cock Sucker.

I have an observation about Fridays in the NHL. Now keep in mind without keeping actual records, one's "observations" are usually wrong. But my observation is that on Fridays, the roadies and/or dogs seem to be winning.

Probably wrong but again in my mind it seems that way.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    I have an observation about Fridays in the NHL. Now keep in mind without keeping actual records, one's "observations" are usually wrong. But my observation is that on Fridays, the roadies and/or dogs seem to be winning.

Probably wrong but again in my mind it seems that way.
    No different than my Saturday Puck Line Theory.
    Bet More.
    Win More.

I guess the FriDog Theory is real!

The Vikings and Ravens are small dogs?
    Ok... I'll take that bet.

2 Teamer
    Vikings Money Line +105
    Ravens Money Line +110

3.3 to 1 on your dough

Sorry but Vikings is a trap line.

Books are basically begging you to take them. The 10-2 Vikings against the 5-7 Lions? And a dog? WHAT A BARGAIN

Unfortunately the Lions are going to win this one.

I have no opinion on the Ravens.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Sorry but Vikings is a trap line.

Books are basically begging you to take them. The 10-2 Vikings against the 5-7 Lions? And a dog? WHAT A BARGAIN

Unfortunately the Lions are going to win this one.

I have no opinion on the Ravens.
    That's why they play the games.
    I know you're the best but sometimes you're wrong.
    I made my bet and I'll live with the outcome.
    Gonna go bet more on this two teamer now that you came in here and rubbed my nose in it.

I don't mind losing 700 dollars but the decision making of the Vikings this game was odd to say the least.
    Missed Field Goal.
    Going for two points?
    Kicking a Field Goal down by 15 with 10 minutes to play?
    etc. etc.

What happened at the end of the half. Minnesota was down 14-7 and had the ball inside the 5 and didn't score. Interception? Fumble? What happened.

I had the over (52) so really wanted that score before half. Ended up going over anyway.

Sorry monet, I wasn't trying to rub your nose in the Vikings game. I almost didn't say anything but I felt very strongly it was a trap line, so I was telling everyone I knew (including my PFA Radio co-host) not to bet them.

I do appreciate your contributions to this forum. This NFL season has just matched very well with my picking style.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

The Vikings couldn't do this shit last week???
    Mother Fuckers!
    Rigged.

Thread Information