Thread: March 24-25, 2012 Two very expensive nights at Caesars Palace

My wife got a call from a friend asking if we could help get them a "lower rate" at Caesars Palace for the weekend of Friday and Saturday March 24th and March 25th at Caesars Palace. They have tickets to see Rod Stewart who is in concert Saturday night at Caesars. But they didn't book their room yet.

They were asking for help to find a lower rate because the lowest rate they were quoted was a bit more than $900 a night.

They are not "players" so they did not receive the offer that Caesars sent out to players for show tickets plus free hotel.

When I checked the Caesars.com website last week, the lowest price was listed at $934. But I just checked again and found prices slightly lower -- at $799. It's possible that the $934 price was a bit "too much."

The Caesars site also lists the Flamingo, across the street, for as low as $215 a night; Imperial Palace at $155 a night; Paris at $310 a night.

Ballys, Harrah's, Planet Hollywood and Rio are listed as having no rooms available.

In addition to Rod Stewart, there are other big events in Vegas on this particular weekend including the Monster Jam truck event and some other big shows along the Strip.

Those are pretty high prices for a date in March even with the big events.

March Madness is now as big as the Super Bowl. And don't forget Spring Break -- usually earlier, but some northern colleges celebrate late.

Thread Information