Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Whatever you have to tell yourself dude.
    Keep your ignorant BMI is KING attitude, GOOGLE is your friend if you have doubts.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    All I know is I feel the best after my morning 3-4 mile walk.
    Good for you, keep it up.

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Keep your ignorant BMI is KING attitude, GOOGLE is your friend if you have doubts.
    I get it, the only reason I continued is because I found a bit of humor in that you felt the need to point out yourself as an example of health, makes it seem you’re a bit sensitive about it. Don’t go all Monet on me now.

I get it, the only reason I continued is because I found a bit of humor in that you felt the need to point out yourself as an example of health, makes it seem you’re a bit sensitive about it. Don’t go all Monet on me now.
    Fuck Off Retard!

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Fair enough, I'm not sensitive one iota about it. I used myself as a example mainly because my height/weight, could easily fit into the ( obesity on scale category) and that 34 inch waist for a guy who's 6"2 is equavilant to a guy who's 5"6 with a 30 inch waist. Everything else being equal, it's a wash health wise. Nobody would EVER think 30 inch waist is obese on any man.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Fuck Off Retard!
    Good to see you back Monet.

Walking is the elixir for having a healthy life. I always thought it was running until I was 50, but I was completely mislead. It's pavement pounding can do irreparable harm to your legs, knees and feet. Young people hardly ever get this since their lower extremities almost always feel fabulous regardless what they do. It took me until 50 to understand. Since then I've walked way more miles than I ran from 16-50, and it causes me no discomfort.

Only problem with walking is the ratio of time consumed to calories burned.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Walking is the elixir for having a healthy life. I always thought it was running until I was 50, but I was completely mislead. It's pavement pounding can do irreparable harm to your legs, knees and feet. Young people hardly ever get this since their lower extremities almost always feel fabulous regardless what they do. It took me until 50 to understand. Since then I've walked way more miles than I ran from 16-50, and it causes me no discomfort.
    I've also seen where doctors say too much exercise weakens the resistance to Covid-thus partly explaining why some physical specimens of great health mysteriously contract it. Moderation, on the other hand, seems to strengthen the immune system. Dunno myself.

I will put on 10 to 15 pounds after a couple of weeks of hollow carbs in my diet. I'm talking bread, rice, potatoes, pancakes, pastry, pasta. I cut all that out of my diet and I drop the weight fast. I also lean more on vegetables than fruit because of the sugar. And I watch the salt intake which I used to never do.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Sugars in fruit (not the juices) not so terrible. It’s the “added sugars” or refined sugars. Same sort of thing as complex carbs vs simple carbs.

Vegetables in general, with the exception of the starchy ones, like carrots, beat fruits hands down for weight loss purposes. Someone just trying to maintain, can eat fruits like berries within reason. Fructose can be a problem with certain individuals, it's digested differently then glucose.

Thread Information