Thread: Dinner Money on Brady/Mickelson

I almost never make a "recreational" sports wager. But what the hell, there were all kinds of free contests and promos on Fanduel and offshore on "The Match," so since I had to squint at the thing, I put dinner money on Brady and Mickelson.

I have never golfed in my life and know nothing about it, but Mickelson knows how to gamble, and Brady probably does, too. Plus Brady deflates footballs and his boss used to frequent cheap massage joints, so I give the edge to the guys who gambled. Plus I worked briefly for a bit with Billy Walters 20 years ago, and if Mickelson was hanging with Mr. Walters, that's another edge.

If you have any ideas on who I should have taken and why, fill them in here. Through three holes in the Fanduel contests, I don't think I got anything right.

Brady and Mickelson hung in there for awhile, but Rodgers can really putt, surprisingly.

My golf expertise was unveiled as I finished 33K out of 43K in the Fanduel contests.

Dechambeau and Rodgers had a pretty good thing going. What was striking to me is that when watching golf, Mickelson and DeChambeau look like big guys, but when next to Rodgers (6'1" but put together) and Brady (more like 6'4"), they did not look big.

Thread Information