I just wanted to thank Rob "Singer" for blessing my life with his presence (and the presence of his snipe-like Newell). "Singer" makes a big deal about having been an (unpaid) columnist for Gaming Today. So when I saw that Gaming Today was doing a freebie NFL contest for the masses, I thought, what the hell. I'll try to wind up on the leaderboard just to get a dig in. I mean, with Singer being expert at various alphabetized "systems" and the double up bug and NFL handicapping (year after year) and driving a Newell, why not take a stab against the 20,000 or so Gaming Today contest entrants in an effort to show him how an actual handicapper does things?

Lo and behold, we head into the final week. Now I assume GT has at least 20K entrants. It could be several times that. I'm tied for ninth with 149 wins (GT does not use Thursday games). So if RoD winds up on the leaderboard after this week, I just want to thank Rob Singer for providing the motivation to fill out this pain-in-the-ass contest with minimal prizes week after week. I am quite proud to be among the leaders. Not easy to crack the leaderboard of a contest with this many people.