Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About 1622.23 to 1

Picking up the eight high straight on the open straight 4 card hold on all three hands: about 1622.23 to 1 (4/47 cubed)
    Name:  vct_eight_high_open_straight.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  51.1 KB

Stacked trips.

BTW, I get 1 in 4,053.75. 4 ways to make those 8's. 47x46x5/3/2/4. Did I miss something?

16,215 ways to arrange the remaining 47 cards and 4 ways to make three 8's. 16215/4 = 4,053.75.
    Last edited by jbjb; 01-05-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Stacked trips.

BTW, I get 1 in 4,053.75. 4 ways to make those 8's. 47x46x5/3/2/4. Did I miss something?

16,215 ways to arrange the remaining 47 cards and 4 ways to make three 8's. 16215/4 = 4,053.75.
    For each of the three hands we have 47 cards left in the hand's respective deck. There are eight ways to complete the straight for each of the three hands, four with 8s and four with 3s. For 8 out of 47 as can be seen in the screenshot below. But only the 8s are under consideration, so this probability is 4/47. We then cube this probability of 4/47 to get the final answer - only the cards on the deal are shared, and then each of the 3 hands takes it draws from its own 47 card deck that doesn't have the cards tossed away. Since each hand is now independent at the time of the draw (I only played 3 lines although this is irrelevant) due to the fact that each takes its card from its own deck, we can cube 4/47 for the final result.

Name:  winpoker_open_straight_draw.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  117.7 KB

Ok. I wasn't factoring hitting the 3's. Duh moment.

Also are you counting the 883 and 338 combos?
    Last edited by jbjb; 01-05-2021 at 07:17 PM.

Ok. I wasn't factoring hitting the 3's. Duh moment.
    No worries my friend.

These are fun ones.

Yes, you really filled it up on that draw. Love the quad aces with a kicker.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Yes, you really filled it up on that draw. Love the quad aces with a kicker.
    Yeah. Hitting the ace was great but also catching 2 of the 3 remaining deuces for the best possible outcome was tits! 1 in 5405 shot on that one.

Stacked trips.

You didn't miss anything. I forgot that in spin poker, unlike regular three-hand poker, only one deck is used after the deal, not three, to fill in the hands. (4 choose 3)/ (47 choose 3) gives 4053.75 just as you wrote.
    Apologies, TP.

We all goof once in a while. Remember, I don't know how free play works on video roulette

We all goof once in a while. Remember, I don't know how free play works on video roulette
    Well it ended up being a much longer shot of getting the three 8s to fill than I thought - I only played 3 lines for those 3 hands (not the customary 9 lines) so I got it jumbled with regular 3-hand since this spin poker game had the best pay table for spinning off some free play. Well now I am really glad I posted this since it turned out to be about 2 1/2 times the long shot than I had mistakenly thought originally, LOL - pretty crazy draw. Since this was triple spin poker, I could have selected 3 games and played 1 line on each game (rather than 1 game with 3 hands) - this would then replicate conventional 3-hand video poker (EV the same obviously and variance slightly different for three hands) since each game gets its own deck after the deal. Next time.
    Last edited by tableplay; 01-06-2021 at 11:23 AM.

The number of lines played should be irrelevant. Just having those three spots filled with ths 8's wouldn't change the odds based on lines played.

The number of lines played should be irrelevant. Just having those three spots filled with ths 8's wouldn't change the odds based on lines played.
    Yes that's right. What I meant was since I opted to play 3 lines of spin poker I had conflated it with standard 3-hand poker in terms of mixing the rules up with regard to number of decks used per hand within game.

I've played a ton of sipn poker and hit plenty of royals. One draw I haven't hit yet is the KQJT suited hold and pull both the A for a royal(s) and the 9 for straight flush(es) at the same time.

I've played a ton of sipn poker and hit plenty of royals. One draw I haven't hit yet is the KQJT suited hold and pull both the A for a royal(s) and the 9 for straight flush(es) at the same time.
    That would be pretty to look at.

Poker player Tony G here flops a royal and turns the 6 card royal.

Thanks JBJB, that's just sick.

Just remember, Juanda had "tweeps"

LOL. Looked like the usual cast of characters from that show a few years back. I think it was called Poker at Night, but you may remember exactly what it was called.

LOL. Looked like the usual cast of characters from that show a few years back. I think it was called Poker at Night, but you may remember exactly what it was called.
    Ok, it was Poker After Dark.

Thread Information