Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vaccine side effects

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    I have an appointment for the first vaccine shot next week.

Good for you mickey. Nothing but chaos and crashed sign-up sites here in Mass.

Things are messed up out in the Pac NW also.

I got my first shot on the fifth, but my wife has been unable to schedule for her first shot: site crashes, or no openings.

Very, very frustrating.
    What, Me Worry?

MisterV, today I was able to get on a notification list to schedule me for my first shot whenever they again become available. Jesus this is what it all has come to.

I got my first vaccine shot two days ago. No side effects.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Here in Illinois it had been impossible to get the shot. They have finally started to increase availability now. Since we are a democratic state, the vaccine was first made available only in the black and hispanic communities under the premise that they somehow had more difficulty getting health care. Of course, as it turned out, those groups wouldn't come in and get the shot and they were forced to throw away expired vaccines.
    Luckily, the white suburbanites found out about these locations in bad neighborhoods and there was a parade of white people waiting in line for the shot at those inner city locations. You didn't even have to be 65 or ill or otherwise qualify. Young, old---didn't matter. Just come and get it.
    What a system!!!!

I did not partake in that scam and did finally get the first shot 2 weeks ago by going on-line at 3 in the morning. You can't get an appointment on-line during normal hours. My wife is much younger so i don't know when she will be able to get hers.

I got a 2nd pfizer shot a couple days ago with zero side effects. The first dose caused a sore arm.

I think that living in a smaller red state is advantageous. Anyone over 55 is eligible along with healthcare workers, teachers, people living in congregate settings, and their employees. A lot of our population are military, Native, or veterans and those groups have additional allotments. There are 6,400 appointments still available this month (this number has actually been increasing as the day progresses) state wide on the state website. This doesn't include many smaller providers and what the military, veteran affairs and Native corporations are doing.

I'm sure that getting vaccinated would be more difficult if everyone wanted one. That's the red state advantage I was referring to. While I think that Alaska leads the nation in early vaccination rates, I imagine this will taper off as the unvaccinated pool is eventually left with our abundant covid and vaccine skeptics.

Alaska just made everyone over 16 eligible and there are still available appointments.

They did it again in Illinois which is still lagging behind in vaccinations. They finally opened up the United Center (where the bulls and blackhawks play) for mass vaccinations, albeit still only for the over 65 because we are so far behind. After a few days they had to change the rules and restrict who can get the shot because too high of a percentage of patients were white and from outside of cook county. They want it to go to the "impoverished". That is their term--not mine.

So they are holding back on the vaccines for people that don't want it and will again wind up wasting it.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    They did it again in Illinois which is still lagging behind in vaccinations. They finally opened up the United Center (where the bulls and blackhawks play) for mass vaccinations, albeit still only for the over 65 because we are so far behind. After a few days they had to change the rules and restrict who can get the shot because too high of a percentage of patients were white and from outside of cook county. They want it to go to the "impoverished". That is their term--not mine.

So they are holding back on the vaccines for people that don't want it and will again wind up wasting it.
    I hope they do not pull that same shit in Mass, as I am scheduled for my first shot Saturday afternoon.

Indians in U.P. had a free covid vaccine clinic open to anyone over 18 and no residency requirement on March 11th. They are going to offer another one on March 18th and March 25th. First come first serve. See their Facebook page for details.

https://cdn.field59.com/WJFW/1615504...7_fl9-720p.mp4

Warning: x-rated. Nude tit shot visible in video.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 03-14-2021 at 02:29 PM.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    I got my first vaccine shot two days ago. No side effects.
    Got my second shot two days ago. No side effects. On the road again. Just can't wait to get on the road again.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information