Thread: Patrick Mahomes concusion

It will be interesting to see how the league handles this with the "supposedly" independent protocols.

If this were a normal week in the NFL, there is no way Mahomes could complete the stage requirements and be cleared to play by that "Independent" neurologist.

Despite that it didn't look that severe a hit, Mahomes clearly had damage. He looked like Trevor Burbick trying to get up after Mike Tyson had destroyed him to win the title. And when they focused on his eyes, he clearly was dazed and had no idea where he was.

My guess.....somehow...he is cleared to play next week.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the league handles this with the "supposedly" independent protocols.

If this were a normal week in the NFL, there is no way Mahomes could complete the stage requirements and be cleared to play by that "Independent" neurologist.

Despite that it didn't look that severe a hit, Mahomes clearly had damage. He looked like Trevor Burbick trying to get up after Mike Tyson had destroyed him to win the title. And when they focused on his eyes, he clearly was dazed and had no idea where he was.

My guess.....somehow...he is cleared to play next week.

To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee, THIS is NO concussion:

Now THIS is a CONCUSSION:

Come on Red, we want to see some of your sharp NFL picks. Druffs got MLB and NBA covered. How bout it ?

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Come on Red, we want to see some of your sharp NFL picks. Druffs got MLB and NBA covered. How bout it ?
    According to Redietz he does not participate nor does he post at this site anymore.
    SCOTT RICKENBACH does sell his guaranteed NHL picks though with many different packages to choose from lol.
    According to him, you don't pay till you win!
    I'm guessing Redietz does the same slimy shit.
    As I say that isn't fact as I have no clue what Redietz actually does beyond his Wise Guy updates.
    Last edited by monet; 01-18-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    According to Redietz he does not participate nor does he post at this site anymore.
    SCOTT RICKENBACH does sell his guaranteed NHL picks though with many different packages to choose from lol.
    According to him, you don't pay till you win!
    Red participation has gone down radically to be sure. I just figured he wanted to display some of his prowess.

Red participation has gone down radically to be sure. I just figured he wanted to display some of his prowess.
    I am not Red (obviously), nor claim to be an expert, nor even 'winning' sports bettor. I am a guy who likes to throw a few sheckles on games that I will be watching and an admitted long-term losing bettor. But this seems like a good time to share some of my anti-prowess from this weekends betting adventure.

I could find nothing interesting about Green Bay - Rams game. No bet.

Baltimore - Buffalo and Tampa - New Orleans, I thought were pretty even games with the under dogs having a reasonable chance to win both games. So I threw a grand on each underdog money line, hoping one would win, which occurred with Tampa for a $445 win.

The remaining game KC - Cleveland, I was convinced there was no way the Chiefs could lose. No way! Which of course is a dangerous thought process. I didn't like the idea of laying 10 points as lately I have been burned by quite a number of backdoor covers, when a meaningless late score (as far as who wins), flips a game from cover to loser.

That left the money line. -500. I almost automatically dismiss that kind of money line. Too much risk for the reward. But I talked myself into this one, because....see previous quote: There was no way the Chiefs could lose outright. And as time went on, I talked myself into betting more and more. Actually placed 3 different wagers. 10 grand total.

As the game played out, I was reminded that there was a way the chiefs could lose. That would be an injury to Patrick Mahomes. In the first half I became very nervous when he injured his foot and was hobbling around. But by early second half I was thinking the gods were going to be kind and still provide for a comfortable win. And then the concussion! That is when I was really reminded that nothing is a sure things. We all know this, but sometimes I think we need a little reminder. All that remained was whether this little reminder would cost me 10 grand, or I would squeak out a lucky win. The gods were smiling this time, but not without some tense moments.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Thread Information