Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Here you go AxelWolf

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Sockpuppets are either dupe accounts of a banned member or they are second accounts of a current member, using a make believe "member" to create credibility where he otherwise has none
    Credibility with whom?

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Sockpuppets are either dupe accounts of a banned member or they are second accounts of a current member, using a make believe "member" to create credibility where he otherwise has none
    Credibility with whom?
    Are you stupid? Seriously? Your games just get old. Grow up.

But I will give you examples:

The recent one would be a guy making claims that no one believes. It is so bad he calls out 27 different members by name or handle, most AP's and players that know how things work. So overwhelmed, all of the sudden some new members show up out of the blue supporting him.

Before that Singer was the master of sockpuppets used for credibility. Jerry Logan!?! among others.

And I don't want to stir things up with moses, because I am getting along well with him and actually enjoying some conversations. But here he had several socks show up supporting him. I think one was a girlfriend or female friend or something.

Here is another example involving Singer that I recently mentioned. There was a discussion about me buying my first condo. I mentioned how I got a mortgage. Singer immediately opined that no one gambling for a living could ever get a mortgage. Several people, professional players told him he was wrong. Of course he couldn't accept that. Next thing you know new member girlfriday (or fridaygirl) shows up, claiming to be a real estate agent (how convenient) backing Singer's position. Dan Druff confirmed girlfriday was Rob Singer. THAT is a person using a sockpuppet for credibility because they can't find any real people that agree with them or support them. And that is what is running rampant at WoV right now.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Before that Singer was the master of sockpuppets used for credibility.
    Your examples didn't answer my question.

You assert that sock puppets give members credibility.

Credibility with whom? The non-believing members?

Did you use your sock puppets to gain credibility?

Did your use of sock puppets make you more credible?

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    In September, when MDawg was accused of being a sockpuppet, I looked into his account, and discovered he was using a VPN to access this site.

At first I demanded he turn off the VPN, as I don't allow them here. They avoid accountability. In fact, they even allow people to get away with illegal activity. I want a real IP so people know that there is something linking them to their posts. I never research anyone's identity, and I don't give out IPs (unless they are used to doxx people or harass the site), but I want that piece of information to be there, just in case.

It's kinda the same reason hotels take your ID when you check in. If you trash the room, they know who to look for.

Anyway, I was about to ban MDawg, but we came to a compromise where he'd turn off the VPN and go to a specific URL so I could see his real IP.

He agreed to this, and the IP which appeared indeed was not that of a VPN.

I can verify that he is in California (he's made this public before), but I won't say anything further. The IP also does not match that of any other user here, nor does he appear to live in the general area of any other user here.

Interestingly, the IP was associated with a certain business. It was not a home IP. It was not a law firm, in case you're wondering, but it was a business to where it's possible an attorney is on staff, so that didn't mean much either way.

Anyway, I still don't know who the guy is, and I don't really care. Just thought I'd mention the whole thing.
    Dan, if I wanted to, I could log on to your site from this account from a home IP address that is legit without using a VPN/Proxy from a state I am not currently in I could also make a sockpuppet account from a legit IP/device and you would have no way of detecting it was me or not. I don't have anywhere near the knowledge of others when it comes to this type of stuff.

Obviously, my writing would give me away soon enough.
    Come on Axel, Dan said it wasn't an exact science. It also isn't necessary to investigate most accounts. But it is an additional tool. And when accounts are so obviously sockpuppets that a number of members raise concerns, and it turns out those accounts are all using VPN's....well let's just say "what's up with that?".

Sockpuppets are either dupe accounts of a banned member or they are second accounts of a current member, using a make believe "member" to create credibility where he otherwise has none (no one believing him and his claims). Both these are supposed to be against the rules on both forums, so if there is a method another tool, to cut down, it should be applied. That was my point at WoV where we all know the sock puppet thing is running rampant right now.
    Yes, it is an extra tool that can be used to detect the Nathans's of the world(as if you really need a tool for that) But someone who seems as committed as MDawg and others, it's not all that hard to work around, thus leaving us with a faults sense of legitimacy of particular members.

In September, when MDawg was accused of being a sockpuppet, I looked into his account, and discovered he was using a VPN to access this site.

At first I demanded he turn off the VPN, as I don't allow them here. They avoid accountability. In fact, they even allow people to get away with illegal activity. I want a real IP so people know that there is something linking them to their posts. I never research anyone's identity, and I don't give out IPs (unless they are used to doxx people or harass the site), but I want that piece of information to be there, just in case.

It's kinda the same reason hotels take your ID when you check in. If you trash the room, they know who to look for.

Anyway, I was about to ban MDawg, but we came to a compromise where he'd turn off the VPN and go to a specific URL so I could see his real IP.

I can verify that he is in California (he's made this public before), but I won't say anything further. The IP also does not match that of any other user here, nor does he appear to live in the general area of any other user here.

Interestingly, the IP was associated with a certain business. It was not a home IP. It was not a law firm, in case you're wondering, but it was a business to where it's possible an attorney is on staff, so that didn't mean much either way.

Anyway, I still don't know who the guy is, and I don't really care. Just thought I'd mention the whole thing.
    Dan, if I wanted to, I could log on to your site from this account from a home IP address that is legit without using a VPN/Proxy from a state I am not currently in/ I could also make a sockpuppet account from a legit IP/device and you would have no way of detecting it was me or not. I don't have anywhere near the knowledge of others when it comes to this type of stuff.

You could if you had a friend to let you connect through his computer, yes.

But most people using fake accounts don't even want to involve other people like this, and some don't even know how to do this.

In MDawg's case, I'll say it's highly likely he really is in California, for reasons I won't publicly state.

The rest of his story is very questionable, obviously.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    Obviously.

*examines pages in prevaricator's purloined diary*

April 6, 2021.

I woke up this morning to the sound of someone pounding on my mother's front door; surprise surprise, it was another process server.

Will this never end?

Brushed my one good, remaining tooth, sat on my throne and saluted my subjects, brushed the dust off my toupee and left the basement.

The old Plymouth Valiant finally started: off to work.

Today I graduated from sorting out straw to actually affixing it to the handle to make a complete broom; my team leader said I am showing real potential.

*blush*

Stopped at the food kitchen for dinner: my mama's rat soup never tasted as good.

Horny; stopped at the dirty book store: the glory hole is my friend.

Home again: watched "Who wants to be a millionaire?" and screamed "I do!"

... to be continued ...
    Last edited by MisterV; 04-08-2021 at 02:38 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

Dan, if I wanted to, I could log on to your site from this account from a home IP address that is legit without using a VPN/Proxy from a state I am not currently in/ I could also make a sockpuppet account from a legit IP/device and you would have no way of detecting it was me or not. I don't have anywhere near the knowledge of others when it comes to this type of stuff.

You could if you had a friend to let you connect through his computer, yes.

But most people using fake accounts don't even want to involve other people like this, and some don't even know how to do this.

In MDawg's case, I'll say it's highly likely he really is in California, for reasons I won't publicly state.

There are other ways as well and I think we all get the fact that it's not going to foil someone who is as committed as MDwag in the hopes we believe him. I have never doubted or even cared where MDawg is from. I heard B79 and his boss moved to California

Is Marcus Clark a member of this forum? I bet you will find something not right with all that BS.

What parts do you find very questionable... The fact that he was getting paid attorneys fees in BTC back in 2010 and has been receiving, buying, and holding every since(and didn't even understand how Bitcoin worked at one time)? His 5.5 billion to one shot he had the other day? The fact that he trades his hundreds of shares each in Amazon Google Tesla, like it's nothing and almost always manages to make money? The fact that he almost never loses at Baccarat? The fact that his comps dont line up with his average bets? The fact that he owns a gaggle of Rolex watches?

I have never doubted or even cared where MDawg is from.
    Haven't you questioned whether or not he has been in LV
    when claiming to be there?

Do IP addresses reveal the location of the poster's device,
    or the location of their server?

Assuming that a member's connection is via the property's wifi,
    then couldn't the approximate posting location be determined?

In addition to being a cunt, you're fucking retarded.

What parts do you find very questionable... The fact that he was getting paid attorneys fees in BTC back in 2010 and has been receiving, buying, and holding every since(and didn't even understand how Bitcoin worked at one time)? His 5.5 billion to one shot he had the other day? The fact that he trades his hundreds of shares each in Amazon Google Tesla, like it's nothing and almost always manages to make money? The fact that he almost never loses at Baccarat? The fact that his comps dont line up with his average bets? The fact that he owns a gaggle of Rolex watches?
    It certainly is fascinating that someone with those results and level of achievement is so desperate for the validation from 30 anonymous strangers on an internet message board.

One can reasonably conclude based on the evidence presented that DoofDawg is under-appreciated in the real world and this leads him to turn to strangers for validation.

Why might that be?

Quite possibly he has done little that is worthy of admiration; he could be a drone, a nobody.

Then again, assuming he has money, he might well be one of those poor souls for whom money cannot buy happiness.

I suspect that he's a real asshole in the real world, and that people just can't relax in his company, his family included.

Whatever, he's our pet monkey: now if we could just get him to stop his incessant fecal painting ...
    What, Me Worry?

I have never doubted or even cared where MDawg is from.
    Haven't you questioned whether or not he has been in LV
    when claiming to be there?

Assuming that a member's connection is via the property's wifi,
    then couldn't the approximate posting location be determined?
    Perhaps only in private, so thanks that may be a bit eye-opening for me. I will have to put some thought into that.

Whatever the case, I think it's more likely than not he is in Vegas when he claims he is. but perhaps not, since he claims he wasn't going to be posting in "Real-Time" anymore.

Him actually being in Vegas is meaningless to me, it's all the other nonsense that he claims, I dont believe. This is nothing to me but... part entertainment, part curiosity, and part a helpful exercise in being able to spot bullshit or legitness even from across the interwebs, I have a fairly good record when it comes to that and it comes in very handy IRL.

Can you honestly say you believe his claims that he had the forethought of taking BTC back in 2010 and there were clients who had enough bitcoin to pay out higher-end attornies fees and he has been holding and buying since then? OH and then there is the hole keeping it on some foreign hosted wallet and the fact that he didn't understand how BTC worked

I gather that Monet believes in God. I recall reading that AxelAss considers himself an atheist. This might explain the Ass' dark perspective on most everything.

As far as MDawg, there is no question that somebody up there likes him.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    I gather that Monet believes in God. I recall reading that AxelAss considers himself an atheist. This might explain the Ass' dark perspective on most everything.

Quos Deus vult perdere, prius dementa

Originally Posted by OnceDear View Post
    Originally Posted by MDawg View Post

Quos Deus vult perdere, prius dementa

Based on recent polling, that puts Americans about 30% there.

I read your recent posts in the Adventures of MDawg thread
    that directly reference...that is to say your posts are about me.

Originally Posted by OnceDear View Post
    I suggest that this thread has absolutely nothing to do with Coachbelly,
    and his input is not welcome in this thread and I invite Coachbelly to butt out.
    On another forum, members can be banned from threads.
    Pity we don't have that feature here, because I would impose that penalty on Coachbelly.
    I've discussed CB with wizard and he approves of my leniency.... or soon to be, lack of.
    I was invited to participate in that thread by the OP,
    I can assure you that my input is welcome in that thread.

Am I under threat of suspension if my participation continues
    within the forum rules?

You made reference to me in 3 posts that you authored today on WOV,
    and it's only 9am in Las Vegas...my name appears each time your
    posts are quoted, and I am the subject of other members' posts as well.

My input is not welcome, but others are welcome to post about me?

Am I permitted to respond to WOV posts about me without being suspended?

WoV running out of patients with coach belly? All I can say is about time!

The guy has an agenda to be disruptive and that is all. Never contributes anything meaningful. On this forum, Dan Druff said "I actually believe coach belly is just a troll, and doesn't believe a word of what he writes". Dan was talking about the Rob Singer situation, but it applies to everything Belly is part of. You are not fooling anyone with your trolling Belly, including the forum owners. Now just a matter of when they have had enough.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

If you want an interesting project, try to figure out what coach belly knows about gambling or exactly what gambling he does. After roughly 3,000 posts at VCT, one would think a poster on a gambling forum would give some indication of what he knows or doesn't know vis-a-vis gambling. Based on his posting content, however, Coach could just as well be posting on a knitting forum or a boy band forum (thanks, Keystone) as on a gambling forum. He has no actual gambling opinions other than to argue that nothing is impossible, which is real helpful advice in the world of serious gambling. LOL. I will give belly credit for that, he very rarely (say, once in 200 posts) offers any facts or personal experiences. If you don't open your mouth, people won't learn how much you don't know. A wise approach.

This whole MDawg thing is so bizarre to me. I debunk serious voodoo gambling claims. MDawg's stuff doesn't even come close to qualifying as "serious." So why do forum owners allow this inundation of fantasy narratives? The stories started off innocently enough, but then a little pushback and now MDawg has gone all "faggot this" and "whiny gay that." And people, he says, envy him. As they say on ESPN, c'mon, man. Nobody envies the level of play MDawg's reporting. That's just silly. It's not that much money. Some of the people challenging him on other forums bet considerably more than him. I hang out with people who bet considerably more than him on table games. What is there to be envious of? Now, if the Dawg provides shots of some perverted action at The Green Door, well, then we can start talking envy....

But until then, c'mon man.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    He has no actual gambling opinions
    What do you mean gambling "opinions"?

I wrote about my gambling experiences early on,
    but I prefer not to write about myself as much
    as others like to write about themselves,
    or as much as others like to write about me.

Everything isn't for everybody,
    not everybody chooses to be as boring as the ditz and tewlj are.

I prefer to reply to comments made by others,
    many of which are directed towards me (like this one),
    and question comments made by others as to get a clear
    understanding of their meaning.

Hey Coach, I generally answer your questions in a thorough manner as possible, and yet you have sidestepped many of mine. If I may ask again...

Can you honestly say you believe his claims that he had the forethought of taking BTC back in 2010 and there were clients who had enough bitcoin to pay out higher-end attornies fees and he has been holding and buying since then? OH and then there is the hole keeping it on some foreign hosted wallet and the fact that he didn't understand how BTC worked

Thread Information