Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Gamestonk

  1. #1
    anyone get in on this Gamestop thing?

    apparently Dogecoin and Physical Silver are next

  2. #2
    Didn't get in on it. GAMESTOP makes sense though. It is a shame Wall Street banded together and attacked the redditors. They found out they are their trading platforms product. Not their customers. Hopefully this has been a huge wake up call for more than millions to the corruption that exists around our daily lives.

    Notice not one talking head has asked how selling something that doesn't even exist is possible. It should be illegal to sell more than a 100% of a companies shares. If you do and get caught then you deserve to get ReKT. Not saved. All the WSB crowd had to do is hold to infinity. But platforms like Robinhood liquidated them under the guise of "for their protection". For that they should be sued and liquidated into oblivion.

    The Dogecoin thing is stupid. Zero sum game. Not even an advantage. More tards will get ReKt than win on that. A greater fools game.

    Silver.....lol.. Well where do we start on that? Most oversold item known to man. But they need to take down the exchanges by standing for delivery en mass to force a default. Only a handful would have accounts and resources large enough to participate.
    The slv etf is designed to absorb investor demand without putting pressure on the actual price. They need to accumulate the Sprott fund which is 100% backed. This will send Sprott into the market to get more silver thus removing it from the market.
    We will see what happens. I am happy that millions of young people are learning the silver story though.

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    3,746
    Kind of like antifa lobbing M-80's at The Man.

    Kids these days ...
    What, Me Worry?

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Kind of like antifa lobbing M-80's at The Man.

    Kids these days ...
    I called it anarchist investing, kind of a cute oxymoron.

    https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...adventure.html

  5. #5
    [QUOTE=redietz;120265]
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I called it anarchist investing, kind of a cute oxymoron.
    Shut it down, anarchist investing. ---> Crash Investigation Unit.

    https://anagram-solver.net/shut%20it...g?partial=true
    Every one /everyone knows it all. Yet, no thing /nothing is known by any one /anyone.

    Suckers think they are beating the house. It wins unless it lets you win, to give you an even worse beating.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsa6ojQcYXQ

    Shut it down, Garnabby. ---> Anything, but a BS word.

    GFs pg. 455=178+277; sqrt(178X277=22+222^2)~222, as in https://discord.com/channels/4843422...04079147761715

    Also, 178+187=365. 277+277=555-1; 227+227=455-1.

  6. #6
    But Tesla and BTC... That's real right?

  7. #7
    I actually wanted to short this stock when it was at 325 a few days ago.
    Turns out it was nearly impossible to go through the process.
    For you sharpies, I would appreciate a portfolio list if you want to share.
    I have 50k to 100k that I could invest.
    I was reading the other day that Cash depreciates at about 1.4% per year.
    So on 100k you are losing 1400 dollars a year.
    That is kind of a depressing thought.
    ZenKing was right about BitCoin at the cost of 1800 but even he didn't buy any.
    MaxPen sobered me up the last time I asked for help in the Markets.
    He said all this paper is going to be worthless pretty soon so don't worry about it.
    Actually, his comment just made me buy more guns and ammo.
    My wife is sort of pissed about it lol.
    I still believe that is the best investment currently going.
    And Damn Fun to Plink with!
    Last edited by monet; 02-05-2021 at 04:02 AM.

  8. #8
    You know what? I too have went to buy ammo after talking with Max. I should probably increase my position in 00 buckshot. LOL!

    Not sure if I fall under the sharp category or not but my investing strategy is pretty boring.

    About half is in large cap indexes like FZROX, FXAIX.
    I've recently built a decent position in energy indexes like VGENX, VGELX, FSENX. Started that when oil did whatever it did at the beginning of the pandemic.
    I'm working on increasing my position in banking at the moment. FSRBX is the only holding currently.
    There a few few other random mutual funds I'm holding... small / mid cap / international... mostly indexes but there might be a few actively managed in there.
    This isn't all the tickers but it's repersentitive of my holdings.

    I also have more than I like in money markets right now and low yielding income contracts. This is the result of selling off excess investments against a fixed schedule of amount of assets in play.
    Prices have risen for several years now so I use the cash as a hedge so I can cost average back in as prices fall.

    I'm currently NOT holding bonds, precious metals, or crypto but I'm watching all of those.
    I'm 99.54% sure all holdings are valued in US dollars.
    The only individual company stocks / options I'm holding are the ones my employer grants (primarily in the form of RSUs) and I sell those the second they vest.

    I'm sure this is not the top secret information you were looking for but it's what I've been doing for a couple decades and I'm happy with the performance it has provided.
    Last edited by Prozema; 02-05-2021 at 08:24 AM.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Prozema View Post
    You know what? I too have went to buy ammo after talking with Max. I should probably increase my position in 00 buckshot. LOL!

    Not sure if I fall under the sharp category or not but my investing strategy is pretty boring.

    About half is in large cap indexes like FZROX, FXAIX.
    I've recently built a decent position in energy indexes like VGENX, VGELX, FSENX. Started that when oil did whatever it did at the beginning of the pandemic.
    I'm working on increasing my position in banking at the moment. FSRBX is the only holding currently.
    There a few few other random mutual funds I'm holding... small / mid cap / international... mostly indexes but there might be a few actively managed in there.
    This isn't all the tickers but it's repersentitive of my holdings.

    I also have more than I like in money markets right now and low yielding income contracts. This is the result of selling off excess investments against a fixed schedule of amount of assets in play.
    Prices have risen for several years now so I use the cash as a hedge so I can cost average back in as prices fall.

    I'm currently NOT holding bonds, precious metals, or crypto but I'm watching all of those.
    I'm 99.54% sure all holdings are valued in US dollars.
    The only individual company stocks / options I'm holding are the ones my employer grants (primarily in the form of RSUs) and I sell those the second they vest.

    I'm sure this is not the top secret information you were looking for but it's what I've been doing for a couple decades and I'm happy with the performance it has provided.
    Any information is helpful.
    I appreciate it.
    Is it better to buy physical gold or gold options?

  10. #10
    I don't know much about the option market in the precious metal space.

    IMO the premiums over spot on physical gold is a huge bummer but if the shit hits the fan physically having control of the asset may make it worth it. Personally I don't think it will get that bad and a mutual fund or ETF is probably a better option for most people. On the other hand even if it does get that bad, might the government just come in and take the gold away from us like they did in the past? Who knows....

    Anyway, my thoughts on precious metals was in mutual fund space containing miners. Invesco Gold & Special Minerals Fund Class A (OPGSX) is one I was looking at and favoring. The reason that pushes me to that fund is that I have an account with Fidelity and the load is waived at Fidelity. I'm in a weird regulatory place with ETFs... I do think those might be a better option than a mutual fund but since it's harder for me to own those I don't pay a lot of attention to them. There are a bunch of ETF gold funds out there. I would start with IAU... They have a ton of assets under management and the market for those share appears very liquid. Second biggest would be GLD.

    I'm a little (understatement) out of my space here, so please take this with a grain of salt. I hold no positions and have no interest in any of these funds as of writing this post.
    Last edited by Prozema; 02-05-2021 at 02:28 PM.

  11. #11
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    3,746
    In these covid-ridden times when the gyms are closed and we can't exercise like before, some are liquidating all their investments and then building and filling up a money bin.

    It's a great way to swim and you'll be the envy of your friends and neighbors.

    But watch out for those damned Beagle Boys.

    Name:  Scroogeswim.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  7.6 KB
    What, Me Worry?

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Prozema View Post
    I don't know much about the option market in the precious metal space.

    IMO the premiums over spot on physical gold is a huge bummer but if the shit hits the fan physically having control of the asset may make it worth it. Personally I don't think it will get that bad and a mutual fund or ETF is probably a better option for most people. On the other hand even if it does get that bad, might the government just come in and take the gold away from us like they did in the past? Who knows....

    Anyway, my thoughts on precious metals was in mutual fund space containing miners. Invesco Gold & Special Minerals Fund Class A (OPGSX) is one I was looking at and favoring. The reason that pushes me to that fund is that I have an account with Fidelity and the load is waived at Fidelity. I'm in a weird regulatory place with ETFs... I do think those might be a better option than a mutual fund but since it's harder for me to own those I don't pay a lot of attention to them. There are a bunch of ETF gold funds out there. I would start with IAU... They have a ton of assets under management and the market for those share appears very liquid. Second biggest would be GLD.

    I'm a little (understatement) out of my space here, so please take this with a grain of salt. I hold no positions and have no interest in any of these funds as of writing this post.
    The problem with that theory is a thing called backwardation. That is when the physical items sells for more than the spot price. Currently you can't hardly find any silver at $35 a troy ounce. But the futures market says it is worth $26. That's because the bullion banks have an unlimited ability to dump metal that doesn't exist by selling a contract into the market absorbing paper investor's demand. There is currently about 186x the yearly world mining production sold. If you dig into the exchange reports, etf's, and other things.
    A lot of people think they own silver when in reality all they own is a piece of paper with a promise that could not possibly be filled if even a fraction of the holders demanded delivery. Silver is the most oversold commodity the world has ever seen. The US government used to have 4 billion ounces in reserve. Today they have zero and the Mint has to go into the market to purchase.
    As the rules with most exchanges and funds allowing for cash settlement only allows the scam to be carried further into the future. As more people wake up and force delivery along with holding. The markets will fail to deliver. At that point it is possible for the spot to go to zero. Because who wants an empty promise? At the same time the physical becomes unobtanium except for a ridiculous price.

  13. #13
    Currently,,,,,, standing for delivery on 5k ounce contracts on the COMEX is worth about $20k net per contract. After expenses. Even if you're not in the industry.

  14. #14
    Very educational stuff Max. I appreciate the remarks.

  15. #15
    I second that very good post indeed.

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by Prozema View Post
    You know what? I too have went to buy ammo after talking with Max. I should probably increase my position in 00 buckshot. LOL!

    Not sure if I fall under the sharp category or not but my investing strategy is pretty boring.

    About half is in large cap indexes like FZROX, FXAIX.
    I've recently built a decent position in energy indexes like VGENX, VGELX, FSENX. Started that when oil did whatever it did at the beginning of the pandemic.
    I'm working on increasing my position in banking at the moment. FSRBX is the only holding currently.
    There a few few other random mutual funds I'm holding... small / mid cap / international... mostly indexes but there might be a few actively managed in there.
    This isn't all the tickers but it's repersentitive of my holdings.

    I also have more than I like in money markets right now and low yielding income contracts. This is the result of selling off excess investments against a fixed schedule of amount of assets in play.
    Prices have risen for several years now so I use the cash as a hedge so I can cost average back in as prices fall.

    I'm currently NOT holding bonds, precious metals, or crypto but I'm watching all of those.
    I'm 99.54% sure all holdings are valued in US dollars.
    The only individual company stocks / options I'm holding are the ones my employer grants (primarily in the form of RSUs) and I sell those the second they vest.

    I'm sure this is not the top secret information you were looking for but it's what I've been doing for a couple decades and I'm happy with the performance it has provided.
    Any information is helpful.
    I appreciate it.
    Is it better to buy physical gold or gold options?
    It depends.
    But if I was you I would buy gold options. I would probably go for a mutual fund or Buy some Bitcoin over Physical gold. If you are looking for an investment with a great return you should buy gold options but for the normal investment, you can buy physical gold. But you can take the advice of experts in this matter.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •