Thread: Is someone scamming you via your cell phone?

On the Alan's Notebook page of this site, I wrote about how two different companies tried to scam me by sending text messages to my cell phone and charging me for the service. Has something like this happened to you? Read about what I had to do to get it to stop.

I have an update. A complaint was filed with the California Public Utilities Commission. While I never got a refund from the offending companies, the CPUC did secure a refund from the cell phone company. The cell phone company claimed they were not responsible but agreed to the refund as a gesture of good will.

Both of the offending companies said they would make refunds but talk is cheap, isn't it.

I've received a couple of these, so I will try to fill a complaint like you. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I have an update. A complaint was filed with the California Public Utilities Commission. While I never got a refund from the offending companies, the CPUC did secure a refund from the cell phone company. The cell phone company claimed they were not responsible but agreed to the refund as a gesture of good will.

Both of the offending companies said they would make refunds but talk is cheap, isn't it.

Welcome to the Forum Shala88. The CPUC web page for filing a complaint against a phone company or utility is: http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/PUC/CEC/e_com...ycomplaint.htm

Thread Information