Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Charming Pinball Museum saved after raising over $200k in donations

I'm going to go to this place sometime in June, if I can find time. I will post a report with pictures if I go.

If anyone I've met before is interested in going with me, let me know and we can meet up there. Must appreciate '80s era video games though. I was the perfect age to have been into all of this stuff (8 in 1980, 17 in 1989).
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm going to go to this place sometime in June, if I can find time. I will post a report with pictures if I go.

If anyone I've met before is interested in going with me, let me know and we can meet up there. Must appreciate '80s era video games though. I was the perfect age to have been into all of this stuff (8 in 1980, 17 in 1989).
    Make sure you don't spin your body around or they may kick you out -- it's a safety issue.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post

Make sure you don't spin your body around or they may kick you out -- it's a safety issue.
    What do you mean? Like you're playing pinball with flair? Like you do a little jig when the balls goes up? Something else?
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Want to learn how to beat Texas Hold'Em and get on the World Poker Tour???

Something must be wrong with the recorded audio.
    I don't like the way this knocker sounds.
    I want that old school sound from pinball games in the 60s through the late 80s I guess.
    I dunno but I know when I hear it because it is the greatest sound in the world.
    This machine probably makes that sound in person but it doesn't translate well from youtube.
    When you hit a Royal Flush on Video Poker it should make that Pinball Knocker Sound, in my opinion that is.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

What do you mean? Like you're playing pinball with flair? Like you do a little jig when the balls goes up? Something else?
    I mean that an autistic kid was thrown out of the Pinball Hall of Fame because he was spinning around to deal with his autism. The reason given for the '86 was because it was a safety issue. I even posted the youtube video about it in this very thread.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Something must be wrong with the recorded audio.
    I don't like the way this knocker sounds.
    I want that old school sound from pinball games in the 60s through the late 80s I guess.
    I dunno but I know when I hear it because it is the greatest sound in the world.
    This machine probably makes that sound in person but it doesn't translate well from youtube.
    When you hit a Royal Flush on Video Poker it should make that Pinball Knocker Sound, in my opinion that is.

The pinball knocker sound (which is the sound the game makes when you get a replay/free game by beating a given scoring threshold(s) or scoring a special) is probably virtual on World Poker Tour Monet - that is, there is no physical knocker on the game. Physical knockers were done away with by the early 2000s if I remember correctly. On World Poker Tour, the knocker is a software-generated sound, but I think they have mods available to install a physical knocker if one desires.

The pinball knocker sound (which is the sound the game makes when you get a replay/free game by beating a given scoring threshold(s) or scoring a special) is probably virtual on World Poker Tour Monet - that is, there is no physical knocker on the game. Physical knockers were done away with by the early 2000s if I remember correctly. On World Poker Tour, the knocker is a software-generated sound, but I think they have mods available to install a physical knocker if one desires.
    Before I posted this Knocker I was looking up Knockers on YouTube.
    I found many of the MoDs you are talking about but I couldn't find one video with the sound I know you know what I am talking about.
    The wood sounded different on these youtube videos like the would was balsa or lighter wood.
    That sound that I want to hear is that wonderful crack when you earn a free game.
    I dunno if it is hitting Oak or something else but it's the best sound in the world.
    The two video sounds are horrible for me.
    Come on tableplay... this is your area of expertise.
    Help me learn!
    Actually I learned that it is called a knocker... I didn't know that till today.

I'm pretty sure the audio doesn't pick up the sound and effect very well.
    This guy says this one is the best and it is very loud but he states that the video probably doesn't pick it up very well and doesn't do it justice.
    That's what I sort of figured.
    Love that sound though.
    You know what I'm talkin' bout!
    You have to love it more than I do!

Launch Ball Button... I don't like it!
    I do notice that knocker is hitting a metal plate instead of wood.
    That is probably better but unsure so waiting for your educational response.
    Damn I love the sound of that crack that I have in my memory.
    I'm going to have to go out and find it so I can personally enjoy it once again.
    But nothing can bring back that experience when I hear that sound in a bar while my pops is getting drunk on Old Milwaukee.
    It really did taste as great as it's name.

You guys remember this game??
    One of the best in my opinion.
    Especially when you are a little kid at the bar.

I was watching another video that showed you the guts while playing and it is pretty amazing.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I do notice that knocker is hitting a metal plate instead of wood.
    Yes. So here is a fellow repairing a '73 Bally Circus knocker (and chimes) which has the traditional knocker sound (since it is an electromechanical game) we both enjoy. You can see the knocker in detail in this video. This will produce the original sound you heard in the bar with your father when an electromechanical machine pops a replay. I'm pretty sure you're correct about youtube not really being able to capture the sound. But regardless, the knocker in the link below will produce the traditional sound once installed back into the Bally Circus. I probably should have gotten into the tech stuff instead of only playing them all these years, but there we are. Below this I have linked a picture from a pinside.com forum knocker repair thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/to...-1#post-594013) which shows a knocker in its installed position
    "https://youtu.be/NuJ8VSVH9gw?t=126"
    Name:  2ueWZDH.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  57.3 KB
    Last edited by tableplay; 05-30-2022 at 12:01 AM.

Yes. So here is a fellow repairing a '73 Bally Circus knocker (and chimes) which has the traditional knocker sound (since it is an electromechanical game) we both enjoy. You can see the knocker in detail in this video. This will produce the original sound you heard in the bar with your father when an electromechanical machine pops a replay. I'm pretty sure you're correct about youtube not really being able to capture the sound. But regardless, the knocker in the link below will produce the traditional sound once installed back into the Bally Circus. I probably should have gotten into the tech stuff instead of only playing them all these years, but there we are. Below this I have linked a picture from a pinside.com forum knocker repair thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/to...-1#post-594013) which shows a knocker in its installed position
    Thanks.
    Cool Link to Pinside.
    I really love that strong pop crack sound.
    Nothing like it.

Thread Information