Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal Opinion about VCT THE FORUM

Dan barred me from his NBA thread because I called him out for not totaling up his losses in all those other years of NBA and MLB picking - don't know what he's doing now with that thread and don't care
    what I do know is he only totaled publicly the one season he won in the MLB IIRC just under 6% R.O.I. - all the other seasons he didn't total up showing his losses - which is deceptive and wrong

could somebody please help me
    this barring from his NBA thread means that I have been victimized by left wing cancel culture
    I'm so very upset
    I've been unfairly muzzled and censored by this left wing woke up person
    he' surely a member of the DEEP STATE and Q is going to investigate and make sure I'm treated fairly or else Q will tell the whole world what has wrongly and unfairly happened to me

​................................................. .................................................. ......................(~:\
    Last edited by Half Smoke; 04-25-2021 at 11:18 AM.
    please don't feed the trolls

Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post

Dan barred me from his NBA thread because I called him out for not totaling up his losses in all those other years of NBA and MLB picking - don't know what he's doing now with that thread and don't care
    what I do know is he only totaled publicly the one season he won in the MLB IIRC just under 6% R.O.I. - all the other seasons he didn't total up showing his losses - which is deceptive and wrong

this barring from his NBA thread means that I have been victimized by left wing cancel culture
    I'm so very upset
    he' surely a member of the DEEP STATE and Q is going to investigate and make sure I'm treated fairly or else Q will tell the whole world what has wrongly and unfairly happened to me

​................................................. .................................................. ......................(~:\
    You still have PFA, your in good standing over there. Its funny how you don't stir the pot and act like a jackass over there.
    Last edited by Ozzy; 04-25-2021 at 11:31 AM.

I'm so very upset

It's very rare to have a handicapper total up multi-year results for public consumption. I'm not saying it's right; I'm saying that you almost never see it. Part of the reason is that you can have a very solid handicapper who cumulatively has a winning record over time, but when you tally up multi-year and the handicapper gets compared to one-year results for other handicappers, the percentages look very modest.

As an aside, I'm not big on ROI as any kind of marker. That has all kinds of built-in problems and favors some gimmick handicapping in the short term. So if you're looking at one-year results, people can post some amazing ROIs and hang their hats on them. In real-world handicapping, for example, I could take a year where I did something amazing in futures and tout that as some brilliant ROI result. Well, no, it was a futures result, and should be treated as such.

So what do I think should be the proper measure? As in real life, I think net profit is the bottom line. I'd rather win 55% of wagers over a hundred plays than 70% over 10. Again, this suggests that ROI has limited utility.

Now, back to the multi-year tabulation question. In the "Retro Road Trip" thread elsewhere on this forum, I posted some pages from Mike McCusker's "Tipsters or Gypsters?" which was published in Las Vegas back in the 80's and 90's. "Tipsters or Gypsters?" started off monitoring more than a hundred services or individual handicappers. Also called "The McCusker Report," the back pages featured multi-year tabulations of the handicappers' results. It listed two-year, three-year, and five-year cumulative records.

So multi-year records were not nonexistent. But what happened, of course, is that those records were reality (and were even tougher than reality, as handicappers were locked into certain numbers from certain days), and reality doesn't sell. Competing monitors sprang up as handicappers dropped out of "Tipsters or Gypsters?" Those other monitors did NOT publish multi-year results. So the handicappers who had the integrity to have their multi-year records posted publicly didn't look impressive compared to those who refused. Eventually, during "Tipsters or Gypsters?" final year, it was down to two dozen or so services.

Thus, multi-year records for the public went the way of the dinosaur.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

I'm so very upset

It's very rare to have a handicapper total up multi-year results for public consumption. I'm not saying it's right; I'm saying that you almost never see it.

yeah, but you're talking about pro handicappers selling a service - of course they don't want to show losses - that would make their selling much harder

he's not selling his service - my thing is the only reason to follow somebody's picks is you believe he is likely to win

if you make picks and you don't indicate if you're winning or losing what's the point?

why not just let your 5 year old son make the picks for you - why would the picks be interesting if it didn't matter if the picker wins or loses?

to me the picks are only interesting if you believe the picker is likely to win

if the picker doesn't show or care if he wins or loses, and nobody following cares either - it's all a waste of time IMO

also, I wasn't referring to multi-year records
    I was referring to one season - show the record after you're finished picking that one season in that one sport

It’s always a thrill when the typical moronic (low IQ) membership confirms your thread and points you were trying to make with what they consider clever responses.

Just review the responses in this thread alone. Expect the same nonsense regardless what you might decide to talk about.

Just for the record, expect every thread to eventually getting to Redietz talking about his stone age Tricksters and Gypsies sports picks experiences.

Some of the fools made an early appearance here but It also appears most of the full-blown membership assholes are staying clear of this thread. I’m guessing they don’t want to give me the opportunity to point out how pathetic and sad this place actually is.

PS ... Always keep in mind this thought if you decide to post here. "What's that got to do with the price of fish???"

I don't understand Half Smoke's obsession with my picks, which are always all out in the open, available for ANYONE to total up if they want, and never deleted.

They're also not being sold, so if you think they're shit, then don't read the thread. Or read it and bet against them.

Half Smoke will be happy to know that I am more actively totaling my picks this season in both NBA and MLB, and am currently up in both.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't understand Half Smoke's obsession with my picks, which are always all out in the open, available for ANYONE to total up if they want, and never deleted.

They're also not being sold, so if you think they're shit, then don't read the thread. Or read it and bet against them.

Half Smoke will be happy to know that I am more actively totaling my picks this season in both NBA and MLB, and am currently up in both.

WTF are you talking about - I'm obsessed with your picks - I've spent a total of about 15 minutes writing about your picks

why should somebody following your picks have to total them themselves?

why didn't you total them for them - I already know the answer - you didn't want to show everybody that you lost

and why would you who allows posters to refer to a black female as a chimpanzee bar me from a thread for criticizing you?

I think you're a brilliant guy with your poker schtick and you're compilation of odds and percentages

but once again you don't have any common sense

you're lost little boy

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    It’s always a thrill when the typical moronic (low IQ) membership confirms your thread and points you were trying to make with what they consider clever responses.

Just review the responses in this thread alone. Expect the same nonsense regardless what you might decide to talk about.

Just for the record, expect every thread to eventually getting to Redietz talking about his stone age Tricksters and Gypsies sports picks experiences.

Some of the fools made an early appearance here but It also appears most of the full-blown membership assholes are staying clear of this thread. I’m guessing they don’t want to give me the opportunity to point out how pathetic and sad this place actually is.

PS ... Always keep in mind this thought if you decide to post here. "What's that got to do with the price of fish???"

Blackhole, that wasn't very nice. I told you that my mother had me tested. Hell, I'd spot you 10 points in an IQ test and feel good about it.

Anyway, it's great that blackhole doesn't care if he gets, what's that word they use around here, doxxed. Yeah, doxxed. More power to him. It's good when people stand up and are willing to attach their real names to their posting. He's to be commended.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Anyway, it's great that blackhole doesn't care if he gets, what's that word they use around here, doxxed. Yeah, doxxed.
    Oh no, say it ain’t so …. “The DoX threat.” This is another issue you’ll have to deal with if you want to join this site and remain anonymous.

Just get under the skin of a few morons and the “DOX THREAT” mysteriously shows its ugly face.

Take Redietz who claims he’s one of the only people here using his real name. Ironically his real name leads to blanks. Zero. With his famous sports picks you would think otherwise. Still can’t figure that one out.

Interesting discussion. I never thought about "picks" being counted for a win/loss record. But come to think of it, why not? Aren't APs judged by their net wins? Would you consider a blackjack card counter a true AP and a viable card counter if he wasn't winning money?

But in question here is a thread about picks. It's the same as someone predicting lottery numbers. As long as no one is selling the picks or predictions, or is claiming AP status, there is no harm in publishing.

Publishing picks or predictions is no different than reporting how you hit a royal on your last trip.

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    Aren't APs judged by their net wins? Would you consider a blackjack card counter a true AP and a viable card counter if he wasn't winning money?
    Probably the wrong thread for this question, but it was asked here, so I will answer here from a card counter's perspective and if it doesn't belong here, let Dan Druff deal with that. I doubt there will be much follow up on this subject so probably no need to move it.

It is an interesting question to me on several levels, Andrew. First it is the exact kind of question former member Alan would have asked. Smacks of a hint of contempt and dislike for AP's without coming out and saying so.

AP obviously stands for advantage play. So someone attempting to play with an advantage is an advantage player, even if they have miscalculated (short-term) and are not actually playing with an advantage. It is about short term vs long term results and that is when results should come in line with expectation.

Card counting expectation is easy to figure out these days with computer simulations. If short-term results don't meet up with expectation, no big deal. That is common. When it stretches to longer term results, not meeting expectation, it is a good time to re-evaluate and make sure you are playing with the advantage you think you are. But short term variance, doesn't mean a player is not an AP.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 04-25-2021 at 06:43 PM. Reason: shortened answer
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post

Interesting discussion. I never thought about "picks" being counted for a win/loss record. But come to think of it, why not? Aren't APs judged by their net wins? Would you consider a blackjack card counter a true AP and a viable card counter if he wasn't winning money?

But in question here is a thread about picks. It's the same as someone predicting lottery numbers. As long as no one is selling the picks or predictions, or is claiming AP status, there is no harm in publishing.

Publishing picks or predictions is no different than reporting how you hit a royal on your last trip.
    Kid, you are spending WAY too much time thinking about gambling. And forming opinions on it that nothing good can come from. Why not spend the time and money continuing your education and stop being the low guy in the office? Living in Las Vegas you surely have had first hand experiences with degenerate gamblers that lost their family, dignity and much more because of it. People that take every dollar they can get their hands on for one more Royal or to ride 18 Yo’s in a row to turn their life around.

You can be anything you want to be at your age and there isn’t a member here who wouldn’t tell you to walk away now from this infatuation you seem to have. Go for the financial brass ring and get that law degree.

I’m rooting for you kid!

Also, don't confuse 'advatage player' with 'professional player' or 'professional advantage player'.

A recreational player attempting to play with an advantage or even cut down the house edge, maybe play break even and score some comps, is an advantage player. And even if some of his play qualifies as advantage play while other might not, he is still an advantage player in my book. It is sort of a mind set, to cut down and/or flip the house advantage.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Now about Druff sports picks: Big hub bub about nothing. Druff isn't pushing or selling his picks (that I am aware of). He picks out of fun, same as some of us that bet a few games here and there.

Anyone interested in his picks and riding a few here and there can easily look back and see how he does. And how he does is about average. Has some minor little streaks in both directions. Usually nothing massive, so if you want to jump on when he is mildly winning do so. If you want to start betting against him after he has hit 6 in a row or 8 of 10, do so. And guess what, you will end up about .500 less some vig, just as he does. No harm, No foul. Just a little fun.

This thread I created criticizing and (as far as I’m concerned) exposing this site for what it really is, could only make a turn like it did with the bullshit membership that does exist here.

Member, AndrewG, alleged sock of the original owner and founder of this site. (Alan Mendelson) That alone should explain everything and his existence here.

Member, Redietz, always looking for a spot to push his good ole day sports pick success. You could be talking about the first moon landing it doesn’t matter. Expect an appearance from Redietz touting his successful career picking sports, and how he uses his alleged real name on forums which can’t confirm a fucking thing about him.

Member, Kewlj, the biggest blowhard you’ll ever meet on any forum. In his case the word blowhard has actually two different meanings. 1) an arrogantly and pompously boastful or opinionated person, braggart, windbag, a self-important egomaniac who likes to toot his own horn. 2) In his own words “I enjoy sucking a nice cock”

This idiot will destroy any thread or post you make if your view doesn’t match his. You could end up with 20 pages of his alone posts cluttering up your thread, relentlessly repeating himself endlessly. Sadly, there is no one here that will ever put a leach around his neck and lock him up behind a fence.

Member, The Boz, at first, I thought he was a reasonable person with some wisdom. After a couple of years, I started to get mixed intuitions about him. At one time he was friends with the Wiz Mike Shank and partied with the alleged AP’s in Vegas. Backs up the AP’s and what they claim at every twist and turn on sites like this. Yet, never claimed to be a professional living off AP’ing other than some nickel and dime bullshit.

Whenever the topic of compulsive / degenerate gambling came up, he appears to be well versed on the subject. He speaks with well-informed detail about these types of gamblers. For instance, read the first paragraph in his above post for a small example.

He also mentioned that a person that claimed to know him tried to Dox him and expose him has a known compulsive gambler. He vanished for a few months from here, and never touched on that subject again. Things just don’t add up with him.

These are just some of the types of members you’d be forced to deal with daily on this site.

Now out of nowhere this small group of members are trying to convert my critique thread about this site into an extremely rare serious gambling conversation attempting to prove me wrong.

YOU CAN’T MAKE THIS SHIT UP….....

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    This thread I created criticizing and (as far as I’m concerned) exposing this site for what it really is, could only make a turn like it did with the bullshit membership that does exist here.

Member, AndrewG, alleged sock of the original owner and founder of this site. (Alan Mendelson) That alone should explain everything and his existence here.

Member, Redietz, always looking for a spot to push his good ole day sports pick success. You could be talking about the first moon landing it doesn’t matter. Expect an appearance from Redietz touting his successful career picking sports, and how he uses his alleged real name on forums which can’t confirm a fucking thing about him.

Member, Kewlj, the biggest blowhard you’ll ever meet on any forum. In his case the word blowhard has actually two different meanings. 1) an arrogantly and pompously boastful or opinionated person, braggart, windbag, a self-important egomaniac who likes to toot his own horn. 2) In his own words “I enjoy sucking a nice cock”

This idiot will destroy any thread or post you make if your view doesn’t match his. You could end up with 20 pages of his alone posts cluttering up your thread, relentlessly repeating himself endlessly. Sadly, there is no one here that will ever put a leach around his neck and lock him up behind a fence.

Member, The Boz, at first, I thought he was a reasonable person with some wisdom. After a couple of years, I started to get mixed intuitions about him. At one time he was friends with the Wiz Mike Shank and partied with the alleged AP’s in Vegas. Backs up the AP’s and what they claim at every twist and turn on sites like this. Yet, never claimed to be a professional living off AP’ing other than some nickel and dime bullshit.

Whenever the topic of compulsive / degenerate gambling came up, he appears to be well versed on the subject. He speaks with well-informed detail about these types of gamblers. For instance, read the first paragraph in his above post for a small example.

He also mentioned that a person that claimed to know him tried to Dox him and expose him has a known compulsive gambler. He vanished for a few months from here, and never touched on that subject again. Things just don’t add up with him.

These are just some of the types of members you’d be forced to deal with daily on this site.

Now out of nowhere this small group of members are trying to convert my critique thread about this site into an extremely rare serious gambling conversation attempting to prove me wrong.

YOU CAN’T MAKE THIS SHIT UP….....
    About the Sports Pick hijack, it could have been WAY worse..... I had People turn my on topic Thread about a movie on a Movie Board into a random CHAT ROOM. So, the hijack could always be WAY worse....
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    About the Sports Pick hijack, it could have been WAY worse..... I had People turn my on topic Thread about a movie on a Movie Board into a random CHAT ROOM. So, the hijack could always be WAY worse....
    I like movies.
    tableplay... do you like movies?

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I like movies.
    I'm not Tableplay, but I generally do not like movies. They are rarely worth the time investment.

Monet, do you like fine cheeses?

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    I like movies.
    Yes. cheers tp.

Thread Information