Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: coach belly are you an advantage player.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post

Or: Play time vs. Work time.

I guess that's the difference between guys like me and you.

I gamble for shits and giggles; you're in it to earn your daily bread.

When I lose (happens a lot) I shrug and say "Oh well, it was spare money anyway, I'm financially well-heeled and need to spend it on something so who cares, really?" whereas if you lose it's more like "Fuck me, it's back to dumpster diving til the tide turns."

When gambling is an existential event people have to take it more seriously to help ensure their survival; for me it's a mindless albeit stimulating diversion.

What a lousy post MisterV.
    You apparently know mickeycrimm's financial position in life. He very well may be sitting better than you are.
    Bosox,,,,, were you in the slow kid classes in school?
    Other then his BJ knowledge, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Many times saying things that are asinine.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    First of all, we have the "mathematicians within the community" phrase. LOL. What community are you referring to, coach? Name the mathematicians, please, so we can ask them directly.
    Sorry to jump in here, Red, but the "mathematicians" referenced are Wizard and Eliot, both of whom I have great respect and admiration for their math abilities. But let's clarify what was said and occurred.

Wizard: Mdawg privately contacts Wizard more often than most people take a crap. It is usually to bitch and whine like a girl, and try to get people suspended. But on at least one occasion (likely far more) that contact was to manipulate Wizards opinion. It occurred just after Wizard stated that it was time for Mdawg "to put up or shut up", I believe in December.

Mdawg manipulated Wizard by telling him, he (mdawg) uses a $500k line of credit to leverage against small wins each day. When you consider that, yeah, it seems possible that a player could extract quite a number of small wins, before it all collapses. Problem is in Mdawgs "writings" there is no mention of credit lines anywhere close to that amount. He talks about taking credit in $8000 range. So if Wizard were to re-calculate based on the smaller credit lines that Mdawg actually talks about, then all these frequent wins, becomes much less "possible"....into the "impossible" range really. I know Mike is not going to like it when I say Mdawg is manipulating him, but that is in fact what is occurring, including with all the crying and whining.

Now Eliot is a little different. Eliot is just a pure math geek and I don't mean that as an insult. He takes emotion completely out of it and just looks at the math. So Eliot concluded that the likelihood of Mdawgs claims where 1 in 600. And THAT was before this current trip of 10 more straight winning-every-session, winning-every-day was added in.

Now lets be clear 1 in 600 (much higher including these latest claims from this trip) for any reasonable person, means it didn't happen. But Mdawg has taken that 1 in 600 and says, "see it is possible". Shades of the Dumb and Dumber movie, where the girl puts the odds of them being together at 1 in a million and the response it "so you are telling me there is a chance". That is Mdawg....he is one of the dumb and dumber guys.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    a retard!
    You only think it's great because they wrote it about about you....

Ooh, Jackie Blue
    Lives his life from inside of his room

You like your life in a free-form style
    You'll take an inch but you'd love a mile

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post

When I lose (happens a lot) I shrug and say "Oh well, it was spare money anyway, I'm financially well-heeled and need to spend it on something so who cares, really?" whereas if you lose it's more like "Fuck me, it's back to dumpster diving til the tide turns."

When gambling is an existential event people have to take it more seriously to help ensure their survival; for me it's a mindless albeit stimulating diversion.

What a lousy post MisterV.
    You apparently know mickeycrimm's financial position in life. He very well may be sitting better than you are.
    Bosox,,,,, were you in the slow kid classes in school?

Let's just say I did not like MisterV's insulting behavior or his bragging.

Originally Posted by BoSox
    More of a truism than insulting / bragging.

C'mon, man: get real.

Who do you think has acquired more money / assets: me, a guy who worked 40 years as a lawyer, who invested, saved, and stayed out of trouble, or Mickey, a slot AP who not too terribly long ago might have been described as a hobo?

Hello, cold light of reality piercing through the bullshit veil ...
    What, Me Worry?

What I said was that they claim a PAST, and then going FORWARD, they claim they can do the same thing.
    I'm not concerned with whatever claims going FORWARD you ascribe to them.

That's your peculiar obsession, not mine.

I'm addressing the insistence that they are lying about their PAST results.

I also never said Mdawg's or Singer's claims for their PAST was paranormal.
    MDawg can claim whatever he pleases. Good for him.
    Then we are in agreement...it seems that you see things my way.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm
    In short, recreational gamblers believe is possibilities while professional gamblers rely on probabilities.

I used to be in gambling to earn my daily bread.

Then I was in gambling to bank up as much money as possible before I got to old.

Now, I still gamble for something to do but don't need the money anymore. I'm set for life. You know, like all those working stiffs that retire after 40 years of work.

About losing? Fuck, I never had a losing year. Never came close. Making money was always routine to me. There's no losing in gambling. At least not for me. Where'd you come up with that shit?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Rob Singer's negative expectation plays weren't so negative. He played games well above 99% with cashback/bounceback. Triple Bonus Poker Plus is a 99.8% game. Sure, he said he could beat the lower paybacks but he never played them.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 03-27-2021 at 12:30 PM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Name the mathematicians
    Originally Posted by Mission146
    Why do you seem to be under the impression that I have anything against MDawg? My entire purpose in this thread was to demonstrate that his claims (at least the ones I have read) are not mathematically ridiculous.

More of a truism than insulting/bragging.

C'mon, man: get real.

Who do you think has acquired more money / assets: me, a guy who worked 40 years as a lawyer, who invested, saved, and stayed out of trouble, or Mickey, a slot AP who not too terribly long ago might have been described as a hobo?

Hello, cold light of reality piercing through the bullshit veil ...

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Now, I still gamble for something to do but don't need the money anymore. I'm set for life. You know, like all those working stiffs that retire after 40 years of work.

You see MisterV you don't have all the answers. And I still see you as an insulting/bragging rude man.

You see MisterV you don't have all the answers. And I still see you as an insulting/bragging rude man.
    And I see you as a dolt with blinders on.

My post was not intended to insult Mr. Crimm, whom I rather admire, actually, given the adversity he overcame to get where he is today.

Rather I mentioned him as an example; choose your typical AP, then put him / her into the scenario I mentioned.

If you still don't get it, well, there's no cure for either cupidity or stupidity.

Again, I'm not saying I am better than your average AP; I am saying that your average white collar professional attorney is likely better off financially at retirement age than is your average AP, whatever / whomever that may be.

Now let's factor in Social Security (not SSDI or SSI): I wonder how many lifelong AP's are drawing close to $3K a month Social Security when they hit retirement age?

Is it rude to speak the truth?
    Last edited by MisterV; 03-27-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

And I see you as a dolt with blinders on.

My post was not intended to insult Mr. Crimm, whom I rather admire, actually, given the adversity he overcame to get where he is today.

Rather I mentioned him as an example; choose your typical AP, then put him / her into the scenario I mentioned.

If you still don't get it, well, there's no cure for either cupidity or stupidity.

Again, I'm not saying I am better than your average AP; I am saying that your average white collar professional attorney is likely better off financially at retirement age than is your average AP, whatever / whomever that may be.

Now let's factor in Social Security (not SSDI or SSI): I wonder how many AP's are drawing close to $3K a month Social Security when they hit retirement age?

Is it rude to speak the truth?

MaxPen, recently made a reference that was similar to this one which I think was very meaningful. It is not how much you have but how much you need. Bottom line here is living within your means, which can be deceptive depending upon where you live can and does make a huge difference.

In post #26 MisterV you are still being rude with this quote:

"Who do you think has acquired more money / assets: me, a guy who worked 40 years as a lawyer, who invested, saved, and stayed out of trouble, or Mickey, a slot AP who not too terribly long ago might have been described as a hobo?"
    How people are described here is often based on alliances, or may in fact be something so far in the past tense is ridiculous.

Rob Singer's negative expectation plays weren't so negative. He played games well above 99% with cashback/bounceback. Triple Bonus Poker Plus is a 99.8% game. Sure, he said he could beat the lower paybacks but he never played them.
    Perhaps, but there's a thing called correct strategy that goes along with that payback

How people are described here is often based on alliances
    Who is in an alliance with Mr V ?

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Quote: Sabor "So after skipping the first 15 hands you must have played around 70 hands.
    10k winner @ $200/hand means you net 50 wins.

Let's assume you won 60 hands then and lost 10 to accomplish this.

1 - BINOMDIST(60,70,.51,TRUE) = 1.80381E-10

Wow, a 5.5 billion to 1 event.
    I don't understand the formula, can you explain it in layman's terms?

How does this formula apply to the shoe that MDawg posted the scoreboard photo for,
    and how he claims he bet for that shoe?

It seems that you are certain that he could not have won for that shoe as he claims.

Did he take a photo of a scoreboard, and then create a story about how he played it?

Or did he create the story first, and then find a scoreboard to match the story?

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Perhaps, but there's a thing called correct strategy that goes along with that payback
    The 9 inch pedestal Man Servant put Rob up on trumps that.

Originally Posted by coach belly
    Nobody likes me

Everybody hates me

I guess I'll go eat worms

What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by coach belly
    Nobody likes me

Everybody hates me

I guess I'll go eat worms

I like you but maybe that's because I like Mad Magazine.

Having dealt with lawyers in general they are pretty much scumbags. They play the truth as told game where they leave out as much as possible, from anything they say.

Perhaps that is a form of advantage play but my experience is most AP's target the system, the big guys, while lawyers will shit on anyone

I've known lots of people with JDs.. they really never struck me as being any different than other "professional" people. Weird.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Thread Information