Thread: William Hill screws over bettor in Colorado due to deposit bonus issue

Pretty unbelievable that they could get away with this at a licensed & regulated US book...

But they did!

Story: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ion-won-t-help
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I told you that WilliamHill is the Devil.
    Now you know.
    Nice Job today in the NBA going 2-0.
    I almost went with you but I decided to just do a 2 teamer on the late games in Hockey.
    Oh well, at least I didn't lose.

How was he told he could withdraw the parlay win? Did he contact customer service or was it just an deduction from what he saw on the app?

Ahhh...
    “I believe I elected to use PayPal for my withdrawal method,” the bettor said. “It asked me how much I wanted to withdraw and stated my balance available to withdraw as $3,057.19. I typed in the full amount and submitted it. The next day I checked my PayPal account to see if it had processed yet and did not see my funds. I went back into the William Hill app and saw that the full amount was back in my account. Thinking that there must have been some sort of issue, I attempted to withdraw again using the same method and for the same amount.”
    This is ludicrous. It is almost like wanting change, a person takes your money, then they point to a sign which says no change and they keep your money. He won his initial bet, this is a joke. He should have never been allowed to redeem if this is the case. Hard to say William Hill didn't break a federal law doing this, but I'm not sure. Crazy.

It looks like he just hit the withdrawal button, the system told him he could withdraw $3057.19 of his $3537.19 balance, so he did all he could.

Then they took the action against him. If true, this is even worse, because he was simply following what the system told him he could do!

This is the problem when new gaming commissions don't understand the industries they regulate.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Thread Information