Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Most expensive Restaurant Meals you have ever had?

  1. #1
    I went to the Yardhouse Restaurant and had....

    Fried Calamari. Roughly $7
    20 ounce Bone Rib eye Steak with Truffle Fries and Broccoli. Roughly $39.
    Coca Cola glass. Roughly $4.
    Brookie with ice cream, caramel, and whipped cream and powdered sugar. Roughly $10.

    With tax and tip, it was about $75. I had a $20 credit, so I paid about $55 out of pocket.

    Red Lobster.

    Surf And Turf(NY Strip Steak and Lobster Tail with fries). Roughly $36.
    The Sampler(Three different appetizers) Roughly $10.
    Mai Tai drink. Roughly $8.
    Chocolate Wave Cake with ice cream. Roughly $5.

    With tax and tip, I spent about $75.

    What about you?
    Last edited by Tasha; 04-07-2021 at 06:54 PM.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

    Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

    A word to the wise. Standing up for someone or some people does NOT equal Friendship.

    Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

    Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.


  2. #2
    I once went to Joel Robuchon. I think it was something like $350 for a fixed price meal....

    Definitely not my thing. I left the place thinking about getting a burrito. Never again.

    If it's not comped I am probably not going somewhere that is going to be over $50 per person. I can make a better steak at home than a lot of these places.

    Other than noodles and Mexican food I hardly ever pay for food. One of the benefits of Vegas. I maybe eat a prepared meal at home once every 2 weeks.

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    2,645
    I had a very tasty, very expensive meal at a French restaurant in stumptown called "Belindas."

    Long closed now.

    Not sure of the price as a client paid it, but it was "high French" food, which is very expensive, e.g. escargot in butter.

    Some of the best meals I had were in French restaurants.

    In Las Vegas, the best meal was at the Steakhouse at Circus Circus, the most expensive at Joel Robuchon L'Atelier at MGM.
    What, Me Worry?

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    I once went to Joel Robuchon. I think it was something like $350 for a fixed price meal....

    Definitely not my thing. I left the place thinking about getting a burrito. Never again.

    If it's not comped I am probably not going somewhere that is going to be over $50 per person. I can make a better steak at home than a lot of these places.

    Other than noodles and Mexican food I hardly ever pay for food. One of the benefits of Vegas. I maybe eat a prepared meal at home once every 2 weeks.
    The first time I ate at the Picasso Room I ordered the tasting menu for 350 too!
    I think that is how much it was.
    I was disappointed in the portions lol.
    What a Fucking Idiot I was.
    Tasting Menu lol lol lol... duh.
    Well at least it was nice to look at the artwork.
    Hope it wasn't fake.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    I went to the Yardhouse Restaurant and had....

    Fried Calamari. Roughly $7
    20 ounce Bone Rib eye Steak with Truffle Fries and Broccoli. Roughly $39.
    Coca Cola glass. Roughly $4.
    Brookie with ice cream, caramel, and whipped cream and powdered sugar. Roughly $10.

    With tax and tip, it was about $75. I had a $20 credit, so I paid about $55 out of pocket.

    Red Lobster.

    Surf And Turf(NY Strip Steak and Lobster Tail with fries). Roughly $36.
    The Sampler(Three different appetizers) Roughly $10.
    Mai Tai drink. Roughly $8.
    Chocolate Wave Cake with ice cream. Roughly $5.

    With tax and tip, I spent about $75.

    What about you?
    Next time bring your own coke.
    Don't order dessert... that's a scam.
    Wait till you get home.
    Those savings should cover your tip easy.
    You could do like ZenKing and Stiff the Servers.
    Tipping is for suckers, according to the King.
    Personally, I like to feel like a big shot and tip the maître d' and sommelier.
    Although I haven't ate out for over a year now.
    A couple of to go pizzas and that's about it.
    Gone are the days of Easy Living.

  6. #6
    Comps always note how tips are not included. Always thought not, but it would be nice if my free $100 of food didn't cost me $20 or $30. $75 a person is about my limit, alcohol is pretty much out of the question to make the limit. I'd rather drink later to not realize how much I'm spending.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by theywontpayontuesday View Post
    Comps always note how tips are not included. Always thought not, but it would be nice if my free $100 of food didn't cost me $20 or $30. $75 a person is about my limit, alcohol is pretty much out of the question to make the limit. I'd rather drink later to not realize how much I'm spending.
    $75 is my limit too for eating at a Restaurant....
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

    Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

    A word to the wise. Standing up for someone or some people does NOT equal Friendship.

    Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

    Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.


  8. #8
    I'm certain many of you paid $500+ to earn that "free" buffet a time of two.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    I'm certain many of you paid $500+ to earn that "free" buffet a time of two.
    It works the other way around sometimes.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best off strip restaurant?
    By Glenbaccarat9 in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-19-2019, 05:46 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-29-2019, 10:59 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2018, 07:29 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 05:03 PM
  5. A different BJ's Restaurant Brewhouse
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Whatever's On Your Mind
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •