Originally Posted by redietz View Post
I was hoping the incident had occurred and maybe Rob thought it was me, but after I read his post again, very little chance it actually occurred.

I would have ignored this except mickey seemed to want to argue the point. From the probabilistic side, you have somebody has to recognize Singer from the Mendelson videos or the video interview with Shackleford. They must have paid considerable attention to Rob's face to overcome the fact he's wearing something completely different to go to dinner (as compared to Hawaiian shirts from Mendelson or just-got-off-the-motorcycle gear from the WoV video). The person had to have followed the Newell saga either at VCT or on WoV. Add it all up and not terribly likely, significant odds-against, I would think. But it's all speculative, of course. I worry about mickey wanting to take up the non-fiction side of this -- makes me question his real world probability assessments.

Anyway, that's all pretty irrelevant. The fact is, Singer missed reporting the most salient detail, which is what makes it highly unlikely the event actually happened. Take 10 seconds and ask yourself, what's missing from my mind's eye view of the event?

It should have taken you five seconds. No description of the visitor other than the very, very odd 5'11" comment. And no age attached...at all. Now one would think Singer would have mentioned some detail, but certainly age would be at the top of the list because any specific age mention would have eliminated a range of people on either forum.

So, in essence, you have the report of an event that fails to mention the most interesting detail of the event -- namely, what the visitor to Rob's table actually looked like. He may as well have said, "Medium height, medium weight, Caucasian," -- LOL -- but I think that would have given away that Rob was trying to hide the fact he wasn't going to actually describe the guy.

In case anyone is wondering, the average American Caucasian male is 5'9.6". Maybe the fella was Norwegian; the average Norwegian male is 5'11".
The first stooge, KJocchio, showed up quickly. Now, here's the second stooge, redietz, chiming in. Won't be long till the third stooge, maxpunk shows up.

So Rob left out a bunch of details, eh? Inspector redietz clouseau is on the job. Where did you get that "Mickey wanted to argue the point" bullshit from? Here you are making shit up. Exactly what you accuse others of doing. I didn't argue any point. I was just wondering how long it would take you three stooges to show up and troll the thread. Looks like maxpunk is laying low. But he'll be along shortly and you three brokeback boys can have a menage a trois.