Thread: Free Derek Chauvin

White cops matter.

Someone needs to keep the animals in check.
    What, Me Worry?

Not sure if this is related but kind of funny...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Not sure if this is related but kind of funny...
    Nice to see a good meme around here, something this place doesn't get enough of unlike PFA... Almost forgot Max's head in the sand and donkey memes

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Nice to see a good meme around here, something this place doesn't get enough of unlike PFA... Almost forgot Max's head in the sand and donkey memes
    Not that I know what that is but when I type that word I always try to type MEME.
    Supposedly it pisses people off capitalizing the word?
    Also I thought this was a political cartoon lol... didn't realize it was a MEME but I'm stuck in the 80's.
    I thought a MEME was when you take a picture and type your own words on it.
    Doesn't really matter because it is clear I am out of touch with society and the younger generation.
    Funny how that happens after about 40 years old it seems.

My case in point is that I was watching Iron Eagle (1986) and loving it.
    Stupid Movie but Guilty Pleasure I suppose.
    Great Soundtrack in my mind and just Goofy Fun that will never be re-created.
    So that movie got me thinking about The Last Starfighter (1984).
    Another movie that I just enjoy.
    Not sure you will agree since you don't care for 80's music videos but just thinking out loud like I do on this site.

Not that I know what that is but when I type that word I always try to type MEME.
    Also I thought this was a political cartoon lol... didn't realize it was a MEME but I'm stuck in the 80's.
    Doesn't really matter because it is clear I am out of touch with society and the younger generation.

Not sure you will agree since you don't care for 80's music videos but just thinking out loud like I do on this site.
    You misunderstood me a few months back 80s music is great, I said the 80s music videos were often cheesy. Music was the best from about 70-97 or so with gradual decline thereafter. The junk from the last 10-15 years is a disgrace compared to the old school rock.

Might as well also throw Enemy Mine in there for good measure.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Good Point!
    Haven't thought about that for awhile.
    You may have brought this up before.
    I enjoy that movie too!
    I find that movie to be very similar when compared to Master and Friday.
    You know... Robinson Crusoe (1997).
    I thought Remington Steele was pretty good in that movie.
    I got emotional at the end just like in Enemy Mine (1985).

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Good Point!
    Haven't thought about that for awhile.
    You may have brought this up before.
    I enjoy that movie too!
    I find that movie to be very similar when compared to Master and Friday.
    You know... Robinson Crusoe (1997).
    I thought Remington Steele was pretty good in that movie.
    I got emotional at the end just like in Enemy Mine (1985).
    Yes, I might have brought that one up before Monet.

If we are discussing Louis Gossett Jr movies, what’s your thoughts on Diggstown?

Chavin's attorney seemed pretty much out of his depth.

I could understand that if he was acting alone, but I read that the police guild or union or some similar organizaton was paying over a million for him and twelve or so other lawyers working behind the scene.

Chavin made a life-altering blunder in refusing to testify; this was his choice, not his attorney's.

Had he explained what he saw, and did, and why he did it the circle would have been unbroken.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    If we are discussing Louis Gossett Jr movies, what’s your thoughts on Diggstown?
    Are you kidding?
    That is a movie about Hustlers and Con-Men for Real Life Hustlers and Con-Men.
    Damn Fun movie and having two slime balls like James Woods and Bruce Dern in the movie only makes it better.
    I told the story before but I dealt the hand that James Woods busted out on in the 2004 WSOP.
    That was the year that the Horseshoe shut down for awhile (you all know the story I'm sure) and Harrah's took over.
    He had a set of sixes that got cracked but I forget by what.
    He gave the table and myself a good earful.
    He didn't know that I'm a pretty big fan of his seething and all around character in movies and was happy to see it play out the same in real life.
    I'm pretty convinced he is that same guy on the big screen as he is in real life.
    I enjoyed the berating and he was sitting on the 9 seat to my right, so it was a bit more personal.
    That was a fun WSOP... Things weren't completely corporate just yet.
    I would be playing machines and swimming in the pool across the street at the Nugget because we had a room.
    We would get drunk and get EO's daily without even clocking in.
    Carol was still around and the new kid at the WSOP was Guppie and he was really cool.
    He lasted for a few years down the road at the RIO but I think he finally got the boot.
    Last I heard Guppie was still in Cali but that has been over 10 years now.
    I did miss Tony Shelton being around though.
    I seen him at the 07 or 08 Series... I think he was working swing but not 100% sure about that.
    We were talking about how corporate doesn't understand how poker dealers are.
    Of course, Corporate won out and have a bunch of good little robots that deal and believe in NO ABUSE lol.
    I'm certainly not as fat as Greg Raymer.
    Not even close.

On a side note I dealt many a hands to Hellmuth playing Live Action Badugi.
    I always enjoyed hearing him cry constantly in my ear and to the table lol.
    Last edited by monet; 04-22-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    It's been awhile since I saw it Boz, so I don't remember it much (probably will re-watch - thanks for bringing it up) - but I remember enjoying it.

So now it comes out that a member of the jury that convicted him, a young black man, was in DC for MLK / BLM protests last summer.

A photo "shows Mitchell standing with two cousins and wearing a T-shirt with a picture of King and the words, “GET YOUR KNEE OFF OUR NECKS” and “BLM,” for Black Lives Matter."

https://news.yahoo.com/chauvin-juror...230418703.html

Hello, fair and imparitial juror ...
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    So now it comes out that a member of the jury that convicted him, a young black man, was in DC for MLK / BLM protests last summer.

A photo "shows Mitchell standing with two cousins and wearing a T-shirt with a picture of King and the words, “GET YOUR KNEE OFF OUR NECKS” and “BLM,” for Black Lives Matter."

Probably puts a smile from ear to ear on your face.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post

Probably puts a smile from ear to ear on your face.
    WTF are you talking about!

I am ANTI-BLM, ANTI-ANTIFA, and PRO-CHAUVIN.

You might be confused because I despise Trump: one rotten apple doesn't spoil the whole lot.
    What, Me Worry?

Come in if your talking LG Jr how can you leave out The Iron Eagle series. And JFC Officer and a Gentleman.

Thread Information