Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Documentaries

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    lol thanks for the Eric Weinstein links.
    I agree that Rogan may have guests lined up but you would think he would of had them on sooner as this happened almost a month ago and seemed like a big deal shooting down objects in our airspace.
    And he is like a huge UFO guy.
    Exactly - his future potential guests may be non-believers that he wants to have on and so he is down-playing the UFO side of things in current episodes to secure their bookings in near future. On the other hand, if Joe wanted to have big name Area51er Dan Aykroyd on again in the future he would have done the opposite (if this hypothesis is correct) and talk up UFO belief (such as shooting down the balloons and playing up the possibility that they're extraterrestrial in origin) so as to secure Dan's near future booking rather than alienating Dan (who is watching the current episodes to see where Joe's at on UFOs) and losing the booking. BTW here is a much better clip showing Weinstein's total jealousy of Ed Witten (comedic gold). Ed seems like a really nice person and his contributions to new mathematical tools (which he invented to advance string theory) are utterly incredible.

Last edited by tableplay; 03-08-2023 at 11:05 PM.

Brilliant. Fredric Dannen shows those like me, who are ignorant, how the record industry really worked pre-internet - competent interviewer and exceptionally competent interviewee:

https://freshairarchive.org/segments...rys-new-payola

Entertaining stories from the exceptionally knowledgeable Fredric Dannen regarding the pre-internet music industry:

https://www.spreaker.com/user/opperm...st-money-ins_1

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Brilliant. Fredric Dannen shows those like me, who are ignorant, how the record industry really worked pre-internet - competent interviewer and exceptionally competent interviewee:

Entertaining stories from the exceptionally knowledgeable Fredric Dannen regarding the pre-internet music industry:

Thanks for the post!
    I'm sure you already seen this.
    You only need to watch 10 to 15 minutes to get the gist.
    They keep running around the same topic for a bit too long in my opinion.
    They Studio looked great though.

I woke up hungover.
    Drank coffee mixed with whiskey.
    Banged my wife.
    Refused sex, the night before, with some CIA Hottie.
    Just a normal day for me...
    -Alex Jones-

Thanks for the post!
    I'm sure you already seen this.
    You only need to watch 10 to 15 minutes to get the gist.
    They keep running around the same topic for a bit too long in my opinion.
    They Studio looked great though.

I woke up hungover.
    Drank coffee mixed with whiskey.
    Banged my wife.
    Refused sex, the night before, with some CIA Hottie.
    Just a normal day for me...
    -Alex Jones-
    No problem Monet. Well it looks like I'm in for a treat (Alex Jones is great - spot on in most of the things he says) because I haven't seen it and will watch it shortly - thanks for posting it.

The AUS crew and Viva and Barnes in Vegas:

This was a pretty good episode but the Crystal Bitch Bit was hilarious lol.
    I was doing the dishes and had a couple of episodes where I couldn't breath and was coughing and spitting up phlegm.
    It was that funny for me.
    It starts around 40:30 and finishes up around 49:00.
    lul... Cheers!

I was doing the dishes and had a couple of episodes where I couldn't breath and was coughing and spitting up phlegm.
    lul... Cheers!
    Thanks for the reco Monet - I look forward to watching the Crystal Bitch Bit.

lul... Cheers!
    You may listen to it and not find it funny at all.
    Sometimes bits or stand-up comedy works like that as you know.
    Have to be in the mood at the right time for it to hit.
    I had one of those moments with this bit and I could tell it was coming but it just hit me in the solar plexus.
    I was happy that nobody was in the house as I was literally gaging and gasping for air while coughing from laughter.
    I'm guessing all the buildup form listening to the entire episode helped with the humor since it was a somewhat slow build up.
    Tim was ripping on the banking system pretty hard and basically telling everyone to kill the people who have more money than him.
    But when he gets into this crystal bitch coffee thing I lost my shit.
    It probably helped that I was doing something mundane like washing dishes by hand.

lul... Cheers!
    You may listen to it and not find it funny at all.
    Sometimes bits or stand-up comedy works like that as you know.
    Have to be in the mood at the right time for it to hit.
    I had one of those moments with this bit and I could tell it was coming but it just hit me in the solar plexus.
    I was happy that nobody was in the house as I was literally gaging and gasping for air while coughing from laughter.
    I'm guessing all the buildup form listening to the entire episode helped with the humor since it was a somewhat slow build up.
    Tim was ripping on the banking system pretty hard and basically telling everyone to kill the people who have more money than him.
    But when he gets into this crystal bitch coffee thing I lost my shit.
    It probably helped that I was doing something mundane like washing dishes by hand.
    I listened to the Crystal Bitch Bit and thought it was funny. If I was more familiar with the personage he was imitating, it might have put me over the top.

I listened to the Crystal Bitch Bit and thought it was funny. If I was more familiar with the personage he was imitating, it might have put me over the top.
    Yeah, I know the type of personality he was imitating.
    He nailed it and because I knew where it was going before it went there, it made it funnier for me.
    He literally said: I will follow you through these lives and murder you ever single time lol.
    The problem with the cold coffee is that it hurts my throat lul, you see, I'm trying to warm my soul and this cold coffee is Fucking me up lol.
    lul, Are you Mexican?
    Did I ask for a Lemon Bar?
    Am I losing my mind, lol?
    I shouldn't be drinking Cold Coffee without a Fucking Lemon Bar!!
    Are you gay?
    I eat the Fucking Milky Way.
    Not the candy bar!
    I eat Raw Fucking Energy!!!
    lol lol lol
    Last edited by monet; 03-21-2023 at 08:34 AM.

Yeah, I know the type of personality he was imitating.
    He nailed it and because I knew where it was going before it went there, it made it funnier for me.
    He literally said: I will follow you through these lives and murder you ever single time lol.
    The problem with the cold coffee is that it hurts my throat lul, you see, I'm trying to warm my soul and this cold coffee is Fucking me up lol.
    lul, Are you Mexican?
    Did I ask for a Lemon Bar?
    Am I losing my mind, lol?
    I shouldn't be drinking Cold Coffee without a Fucking Lemon Bar!!
    Are you gay?
    I eat the Fucking Milky Way.
    Not the candy bar!
    I eat Raw Fucking Energy!!!
    lol lol lol
    Sort of like the persona Martin Short did in The Big Picture (super funny):

Right On tableplay... Right On!!

Cheers, M8.

Cheers, M8.
    Cavett was off his game, in this interview, in my opinion.
    I didn't realize that he is currently 86 years old and still kicking.

Oh Shit.
    Here we go again!
    Thanks for posting!!

Oh Shit.
    Here we go again!
    Thanks for posting!!
    No problem.

Thread Information