Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Documentaries

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I mistakenly thought Coleco was a Japanese company prior to this doc. I was in the thick of it - I had an Intellevision around and a little before that time and played the shit out of it. We would have Intellivision baseball tournaments all the time over the summer (circa '81/'82 IIRC). I agree with the narrator that Coleco was bad ass. My friend, who lived a few houses down, had it and it was amazing. But I disagree with the narrator that it was priced to compete. The cartridges were expensive and I could never afford it. Thanks for the reco.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    But I disagree with the narrator that it was priced to compete. The cartridges were expensive and I could never afford it. Thanks for the reco.
    I remember it being too expensive for me as well but the graphics and gameplay crushed Atari in my opinion.
    The local electronics mom and pop shop in my little town had this all set up and let us kids play it on a daily basis for free.
    I guess they hoped that eventually one of our parents would buy something.
    And IMO, once again, Colecovisions cartridges and controllers were way cooler.
    Good Times.

But I disagree with the narrator that it was priced to compete. The cartridges were expensive and I could never afford it. Thanks for the reco.
    I remember it being too expensive for me as well but the graphics and gameplay crushed Atari in my opinion.
    The local electronics mom and pop shop in my little town had this all set up and let us kids play it on a daily basis for free.
    I guess they hoped that eventually one of our parents would buy something.
    And IMO, once again, Colecovisions cartridges and controllers were way cooler.
    Good Times.
    Exactly. Coleco advertised it as arcade quality; and it was. If they didn't get greedy with the price of the cartridges for the Colecovision console, it would not have mattered about the Adam computer flop IMHO. That's the advantage we had over the narrator on this subject, we lived it, whereas he had to speculate due to his age (https://www.facebook.com/npcntv/photos).
    Naturally I would never do this, but apparently people would take a phillips screwdriver, open up a newly released video game Intellivision cartridge and swap out the chip with the chip from a bargain bin cartridge and then return it to the store during Christmas when it was really really busy with a long line of people making returns for various toys and things. Shit, I heard that some motherfuckers would just return an empty cartridge with no chip in it under the right conditions.

Best One Yet!!!

Best One Yet!!!
    Agreed Monet - thanks for the terrific link.

lol Classic Kids in the Hall...

lol Classic Kids in the Hall...
    Great stuff with Malone, Monet. I'm looking forward to watching the Dore episode you linked to.

Great stuff with Malone, Monet. I'm looking forward to watching the Dore episode you linked to.
    "Naked, fat, black, crippled dykes are hard to find." -Dave Foley-

LULZ... Hate Crime, Hate Crime... Sounds like this forum and some of its members.
    Last edited by monet; 11-26-2022 at 01:30 AM.

George Jetson?
    Back to the Future?
    Won't be long now...

About to queue this one up:

About to queue this one up:
    Good Looking Out Pal!
    I'll listen to it while I shoot some virtual golf right now.
    But I do not expect it to go well.
    Bill Maher has gone crazy in the last couple of weeks and Weird Al doesn't do drugs or drink if I remember correctly.
    Not sure how long I'll last but glad you posted it as I haven't checked in on Club Random since that Aaron Rodgers Interview.
    Maher is such a phony but sometimes he is on point.
    This interview started off so bad just like usual with Maher.
    He knows nothing about the person he is talking to and centers the conversation around himself.
    It's all about Maher.
    He might be the most self centered egotistical person I listen to from time to time.
    Fucker is annoying!

10 minutes in and its typical of Maher.
    He knows nothing about Weird Al and doesn't care.
    He doesn't even remember having Al on his politically incorrect show.
    I'm guessing he put him on this podcast because some analyst looked at some algorithm and the numbers said to do so.
    I'm hoping to hear some political bullshit but I know that Weird Al doesn't get too deep into that as he skirts away from the topic and says the polite things to say.

EDIT: That John Wayne story is bullshit.
    Been debunked already.
    These shitlibs are seriously brainwashed.
    Give me Jimmy Dore Rage any day over this shit.

What kind of interview is this?
    20 Minutes in and not one question about Weird Al or what he does.
    They finally get to a question about his new movie and it's obvious that Maher hasn't even watched it.
    I'm willing to bet that Maher doesn't know any songs or anything that Weird Al has done.
    LOL he just said he hasn't seen it but he is dying to see it... FUCKING LIES!
    If he was dying to see it he would of watched it before this interview.

This shit is really difficult to listen to.
    Yes I want to hear what Weird Al has to say but it is obvious that Maher isn't going to allow any of that.
    Bill Maher should just do like Stuart Smalley and talk into the mirror for an hour or two and record it.

Oh now Bill Maher is going to shit on Al and Roku for putting out a high quality free movie to the masses.
    Fuck Him!

Alright 30 minutes in and I'm out.
    It's so obvious that Maher doesn't know shit about this and doesn't care.
    I may finish it when I have nothing else to listen to and want to see where it goes but it is very obvious that it is never going to get interesting.
    And Weird Al is too nice to do anything about it.
    I've seen Weird Al do this in other interviews where the interviewer has no clue and only is doing it because it is morning TV.
    Al gets a few sarcastic shots in because he knows it's all just a bullshit dance but it's clear that the sarcasm goes over the interviewer's head.

Trust me.
    Do yourself a favor and get the UHF DvD that has Al and the director doing the commentary if you want to hear Weird Al being Weird Al while riffing and on point.
    Last edited by monet; 12-02-2022 at 04:00 AM.

tableplay, is there a free link to the Alex Jones/Kanye West interview from yesterday or do you have to pay for info wars?
    I missed the news of this and just heard Kanye said that Nazis are Good lol.
    Not that I agree but I just find it funny.
    I never liked his music, but I like how he has been speaking his mind for the last 4 years or so with no filter.
    Raw and Unfiltered, that's what I like and sprinkle in some crazy talk for effect.

Oh Shit, I just watched a 2-minute clip that was hilarious lol.
    He is just saying shit to cause reactions and Alex Jones reactions are hilarious because Alex has to walk on eggshells these days, but Kanye doesn't give a Fuck lol.
    I swear he is just trolling the world.
    That Fucking outfit he is wearing is hilarious.
    I can't imagine being covered in a full black cloth suit like that lol.
    I watched about 30 seconds and am still ROFL.

Fuck, I would actually pay to watch this interview for the luls if it isn't free.
    Last edited by monet; 12-02-2022 at 07:43 AM.

This guy says that Mental Illness is not an excuse for Anti-Semitism at the end of the video, but I disagree.
    Mental Illness is a pretty damn good excuse for any and all horrid behavior.
    If you are seriously mentally ill, you can't control what you say or do.
    That's why they usually lock them up in the looney bin.
    That's why mentally ill people literally get away with murder as they are criminally insane.

Someone made a pretty good comment that I just read.
    It stated that Jesus was against the Pharisees and Sadducees.
    That's the truth and they got the Romans to crucify him.
    That is how ugly they were.
    They got their oppressors to kill one of their own countrymen.

10 minutes in and its typical of Maher.
    He knows nothing about Weird Al and doesn't care.
    He doesn't even remember having Al on his politically incorrect show.
    I'm guessing he put him on this podcast because some analyst looked at some algorithm and the numbers said to do so.
    I'm hoping to hear some political bullshit but I know that Weird Al doesn't get too deep into that as he skirts away from the topic and says the polite things to say.

EDIT: That John Wayne story is bullshit.
    Been debunked already.
    These shitlibs are seriously brainwashed.
    Give me Jimmy Dore Rage any day over this shit.

What kind of interview is this?
    20 Minutes in and not one question about Weird Al or what he does.
    They finally get to a question about his new movie and it's obvious that Maher hasn't even watched it.
    I'm willing to bet that Maher doesn't know any songs or anything that Weird Al has done.
    LOL he just said he hasn't seen it but he is dying to see it... FUCKING LIES!
    If he was dying to see it he would of watched it before this interview.

This shit is really difficult to listen to.
    Yes I want to hear what Weird Al has to say but it is obvious that Maher isn't going to allow any of that.
    Bill Maher should just do like Stuart Smalley and talk into the mirror for an hour or two and record it.

Oh now Bill Maher is going to shit on Al and Roku for putting out a high quality free movie to the masses.
    Fuck Him!

Alright 30 minutes in and I'm out.
    It's so obvious that Maher doesn't know shit about this and doesn't care.
    I may finish it when I have nothing else to listen to and want to see where it goes but it is very obvious that it is never going to get interesting.
    And Weird Al is too nice to do anything about it.
    I've seen Weird Al do this in other interviews where the interviewer has no clue and only is doing it because it is morning TV.
    Al gets a few sarcastic shots in because he knows it's all just a bullshit dance but it's clear that the sarcasm goes over the interviewer's head.

Trust me.
    Do yourself a favor and get the UHF DvD that has Al and the director doing the commentary if you want to hear Weird Al being Weird Al while riffing and on point.
    Ok, I agree on all points you have made Monet. Even before reading your excellent points (and after listening to the interview), I was saying to myself that Maher gets big names to interview and then goes about interviewing himself. I'm not sure you turned off the interview before Maher started bragging about how he flies in and out to his gigs on a private jet - but that was amazingly hard to listen to.
    Cheers, TP.

tableplay, is there a free link to the Alex Jones/Kanye West interview from yesterday or do you have to pay for info wars?
    I missed the news of this and just heard Kanye said that Nazis are Good lol.
    Yes this Kanye West guy (I hadn't really known much about him until the Tim Pool interview. Also Lex dumbfuck Fridman has an interview with him where they both completely jump the shark. It's an absolute implosion which I recommend you listen to if you want to hear someone go totally off the reservation).

Anyway M8 here is the free link you requested (I am going to listen to it myself a little later):
    https://rumble.com/v1yfvrm-alex-jone...nterview..html

Too late to edit my previous post. Sorry about that Monet - here is the correct link:
    https://rumble.com/v1ye9u6-sunday-ni...full-show.html

Thread Information