Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Documentaries

I knew it.
    I told you tableplay!
    If we can't trust Dave Foley, who can we trust??
    For the record, I didn't see anything like this as the lights or orbs were too far away.

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1542226050796732416

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I knew it.
    I told you tableplay!
    If we can't trust Dave Foley, who can we trust??
    For the record, I didn't see anything like this as the lights or orbs were too far away.
    I'm not sure if this was the same thing that Foley saw: https://abc7.com/mystery-lights-san-...ares/12002299/
    Anyway I remember Kids in Hall - it was pretty funny. Intelligent extraterrestrials would have to (or would have had to) figure out how to beat the light speed barrier and then care enough to want to visit earth out of the billions of potential targets with intelligent life even though we would be like ants to some civilization with that type of technology. Maybe they have that type of tech and maybe they are interested in studying ants that are perhaps billions of light years away (sending out ships to millions of planets that might harbor life). Another possibility is that some of these sightings are from some extremely ancient advanced civilization from right here on earth that survived some event that wiped almost everything off the face of the earth in pre-dinosaur times (pre-dating the pyramids by many many millenia) - extremely unlikely but possible. These would be the non-religious possibilities of course.
    What we know for sure is that you saw exactly what you described - whatever it might be.

On a different note I saw the new Beavis and Butthead movie. But I can't reco it because it was only average in my opinion. Obviously cocaine does not have the same creative effect when one gets into their late 50's that it did when the the person was in their 20s and 30s. Mike Judge will have to risk a higher dosage I guess if he wants to recapture some of that creative spark. The new movie wasn't bad or anything and it is something you can watch when you've gotten some higher priority movies watched (if you haven't already seen it). He did get some nice jabs in at woke culture so at least he tried to bring something in from the current environment.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    I'm not sure if this was the same thing that Foley saw: https://abc7.com/mystery-lights-san-...ares/12002299/
    Anyway I remember Kids in Hall - it was pretty funny. Intelligent extraterrestrials would have to (or would have had to) figure out how to beat the light speed barrier and then care enough to want to visit earth out of the billions of potential targets with intelligent life even though we would be like ants to some civilization with that type of technology. Maybe they have that type of tech and maybe they are interested in studying ants that are perhaps billions of light years away (sending out ships to millions of planets that might harbor life). Another possibility is that some of these sightings are from some extremely ancient advanced civilization from right here on earth that survived some event that wiped almost everything off the face of the earth in pre-dinosaur times (pre-dating the pyramids by many many millenia) - extremely unlikely but possible. These would be the non-religious possibilities of course.
    What we know for sure is that you saw exactly what you described - whatever it might be.

On a different note I saw the new Beavis and Butthead movie. But I can't reco it because it was only average in my opinion. Obviously cocaine does not have the same creative effect when one gets into their late 50's that it did when the the person was in their 20s and 30s. Mike Judge will have to risk a higher dosage I guess if he wants to recapture some of that creative spark. The new movie wasn't bad or anything and it is something you can watch when you've gotten some higher priority movies watched (if you haven't already seen it). He did get some nice jabs in at woke culture so at least he tried to bring something in from the current environment.
    Thanks for the Beavis and Butthead Review.
    I don't think I saw any spaceships.
    I seen balls of lights over Nellis Air Force base doing some crazy things in zig zag patterns that were sort of like dancing together.
    The other objects and lights that I saw were closer to me and basically had our camp surrounded but moving slower and stopping for long periods.
    Almost scouting or observing.
    My best guess would be that it was something to do with the military.
    The Drone Technology is supposed to be far more advanced than we know.
    And it could have something to do with Musk and his Starlink.
    Many people have seen what I am describing in the Spring Mountains and around Nellis Air Force Base for decades.
    I haven't seen ghosts yet but many people claim to have seen them.
    Life is Crazy lol.

Thanks for the Beavis and Butthead Review.
    I don't think I saw any spaceships.
    I seen balls of lights over Nellis Air Force base doing some crazy things in zig zag patterns that were sort of like dancing together.
    The other objects and lights that I saw were closer to me and basically had our camp surrounded but moving slower and stopping for long periods.
    Almost scouting or observing.
    My best guess would be that it was something to do with the military.
    The Drone Technology is supposed to be far more advanced than we know.
    And it could have something to do with Musk and his Starlink.
    Many people have seen what I am describing in the Spring Mountains and around Nellis Air Force Base for decades.
    I haven't seen ghosts yet but many people claim to have seen them.
    Life is Crazy lol.
    No problem Monet. That is a great point about Drones. No doubt the most advanced military drones are incredible at this point in time.

Operation Odessa (2018)

Operation Odessa (2018)
    I appreciate the doc reco Monet, I'll check it out.

Monet, I found the Operation Odessa documentary to be enjoyable. Thanks again for posting it.

Monet, I found the Operation Odessa documentary to be enjoyable. Thanks again for posting it.
    Not too bad.
    Seemed like a bunch of editing.
    I like the way they ended it.
    Epitome of Lie, Cheat and Steal.
    Talk about beating the odds.
    Crushed the Justice System and the Cartel!?
    Damn near 18 YO's in a row territory.

Not too bad.
    Seemed like a bunch of editing.
    I like the way they ended it.
    Epitome of Lie, Cheat and Steal.
    Talk about beating the odds.
    Crushed the Justice System and the Cartel!?
    Damn near 18 YO's in a row territory.
    Talk about taking advantage of the USD/Ruble exchange rate . . .
    I'll take that red Lamborghini over there. That will be $USD200 sir.

lol Joe Rogan trying to Freeze Himself to Death by way of Hypothermia.
    Second Time he tried his Cold Plunge going for 20 minutes.
    Kind of Funny to see how long you can actually watch this video without skipping to the end.
    Side Note: I've done 20 and 30 minute Ice Baths.
    Fun.

lol Joe Rogan trying to Freeze Himself to Death by way of Hypothermia.
    Second Time he tried his Cold Plunge going for 20 minutes.
    Kind of Funny to see how long you can actually watch this video without skipping to the end.
    Side Note: I've done 20 and 30 minute Ice Baths.
    Fun.
    Thanks for the Phoenix movie reco Monet - it was a very enjoyable movie. I didn't see the twist of the lieutenant being corrupt coming. Tom "Manhunter" Noonan as Chicago was a good casting also.

Thanks for the Phoenix movie reco Monet - it was a very enjoyable movie. I didn't see the twist of the lieutenant being corrupt coming. Tom "Manhunter" Noonan as Chicago was a good casting also.
    No worries.
    I can't find your post about Joe Rogan and Marc Andreessen.
    You said something like it was just ok.
    Not in my mind!
    That was one really smart guest IMO.
    Joe Rogan was completely outclassed for 75% of the interview.
    I really like the way Marc basically said everyone is religious in one way or another.
    Even the most Atheist, Atheist is a member of some sort of religion and doesn't even realize it.
    If you are not in a cult you are not in any form of current society.
    That guy is really smart and he sold me on Nuclear Energy.
    Thanks... Really Good Listen for me.

No worries.
    I can't find your post about Joe Rogan and Marc Andreessen.
    You said something like it was just ok.
    Not in my mind!
    That was one really smart guest IMO.
    Joe Rogan was completely outclassed for 75% of the interview.
    I really like the way Marc basically said everyone is religious in one way or another.
    Even the most Atheist, Atheist is a member of some sort of religion and doesn't even realize it.
    If you are not in a cult you are not in any form of current society.
    That guy is really smart and he sold me on Nuclear Energy.
    Thanks... Really Good Listen for me.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it Monet. I liked the walk down the tech memory lane aspect as I mentioned before. However Marc couldn't admit he was wrong about stating that there has never been a robot that could fold clothes - I mean Jamie pulled the fact up that there are robots that do a great job folding clothes right there in front of him and then he started to weasel and grab for a topic change. It was good that Marc's philosophy is to kick woke people who don't want to work out of his company. I liked his comments about who is pushing the body positivity concept as well as the nuclear energy concept for supplying energy needs as you did. I guess I was expecting less of the podcast to be about work-related tech mantras for optimizing work-related performance (kind of like the Steve Jobs Apple shit) and more about Marc's opinions about current events.
    Maybe Joe will have him on the podcast again and it will have more discussion about current issues.

I'm glad you enjoyed it Monet. I liked the walk down the tech memory lane aspect as I mentioned before. However Marc couldn't admit he was wrong about stating that there has never been a robot that could fold clothes - I mean Jamie pulled the fact up that there are robots that do a great job folding clothes right there in front of him and then he started to weasel and grab for a topic change. It was good that Marc's philosophy is to kick woke people who don't want to work out of his company. I liked his comments about who is pushing the body positivity concept as well as the nuclear energy concept for supplying energy needs as you did. I guess I was expecting less of the podcast to be about work-related tech mantras for optimizing work-related performance (kind of like the Steve Jobs Apple shit) and more about Marc's opinions about current events.
    Maybe Joe will have him on the podcast again and it will have more discussion about current issues.
    I think he was talking a bit fast with the robot folding clothes. I think what he meant was that we don't have a personal home robot that can go to your closet and fold your clothes and pack your suitcase for your vacation. And he probably meant to take it another step further that we don't have a personal robot that can pack your bags and fold your clothes like another person or family member might do for you being able to know what clothes you like or need and personal items you need for your trip. As Joe Rogan kept trying to get Marc to admit that AI will eventually become self aware and a conscious being. That's what I got from it. I don't think Marc was back-peddling or trying to change the subject. it was just that the whole point of the conversation was Joe vs Marc on the issue of AI "awakening". Joe must of went around in the same circle asking multiple different questions to kind of get a "gotcha" on Marc but I felt Marc kept very consistent on his answers. Mistakes are always going to be made on a fluid conversation like Joe's Podcast. As you already stated that it would be nice of Marc to take more of a stance on his beliefs or whatnot but I think his point was that he isn't sure and he wants to stay arbitrary for the most part. A part two would be nice.

I think he was talking a bit fast with the robot folding clothes. I think what he meant was that we don't have a personal home robot that can go to your closet and fold your clothes and pack your suitcase for your vacation. And he probably meant to take it another step further that we don't have a personal robot that can pack your bags and fold your clothes like another person or family member might do for you being able to know what clothes you like or need and personal items you need for your trip. As Joe Rogan kept trying to get Marc to admit that AI will eventually become self aware and a conscious being. That's what I got from it. I don't think Marc was back-peddling or trying to change the subject. it was just that the whole point of the conversation was Joe vs Marc on the issue of AI "awakening". Joe must of went around in the same circle asking multiple different questions to kind of get a "gotcha" on Marc but I felt Marc kept very consistent on his answers. Mistakes are always going to be made on a fluid conversation like Joe's Podcast. As you already stated that it would be nice of Marc to take more of a stance on his beliefs or whatnot but I think his point was that he isn't sure and he wants to stay arbitrary for the most part. A part two would be nice.
    Ok well after the jackpot, I was only +$8 in aggregate for the remainder of the 3-rung ladder play if you can believe it (Boron update: it bothered my stomach so I stopped taking it) - the multipliers generated after the 3 spins in the multi-hand 3-rung ladder play when added up and divided by 2 was less than 5 (five hand UX Bonus Streak) so the play was over in terms of what I consider to be an acceptable level of EV.
    Name:  MCFR6SE.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  68.9 KB

It looks like there is cottage industry for analyzing Rogan podcasts. I have no intention of listening to the podcast below (3 hours of analytical breakdown of that Rogan/Andreessen podcast by what appear to be woke libtards - or at least the lady in the top right corner), but found it as I was looking for additional recent Andreessen podcasts to find one with more general non-tech workplace content and stumbled on it in the search results):

It looks like there is cottage industry for analyzing Rogan podcasts. I have no intention of listening to the podcast below (3 hours of analytical breakdown of that Rogan/Andreessen podcast by what appear to be woke libtards - or at least the lady in the top right corner), but found it as I was looking for additional recent Andreessen podcasts to find one with more general non-tech workplace content and stumbled on it in the search results):

Thanks!
    I've been lagging on keeping up with them.
    I haven't even listened to America's Untold Stories in about 2 weeks.

Thanks!
    I've been lagging on keeping up with them.
    I haven't even listened to America's Untold Stories in about 2 weeks.
    Monet, the America's Untold Stories channel you recommended is terrific. I found a channel called "The Film Archives". It has over 4500 videos uploaded. Here's an example of one. I have not listened to it yet, but it seems like this channel has an amazing array of interesting videos (https://www.youtube.com/user/thefilmarchives/videos).

I never questioned it but lately I have become very skeptical that we landed on the moon.
    You are telling me that after 50 some odd years we can't go back with all the advancements?
    Since there are technical difficulties with a 2022 moon launch (unmanned even), articles like the one below probably don't help to reduce skepticism of our 1969 moon landing amongst the already skeptical or the open-minded:
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...-launch-engine

Since there are technical difficulties with a 2022 moon launch (unmanned even), articles like the one below probably don't help to reduce skepticism of our 1969 moon landing amongst the already skeptical or the open-minded:
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...-launch-engine
    Just another scam to funnel Tax Payers Money into their pockets.
    93 Billion Dollars for this shit by the year 2025!?
    Meanwhile they can't fix any real world problems in a world that produces enough food for each person, on Earth, to eat 6 balanced meals per day.
    Talk about irony.

Thread Information