Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Documentaries

On deck for a listening after this post (please disregard if you have already listened to this) :

Monet, I have some bad news. America's Untold Stories has lapsed into a funk where it is now basically a JFK Assassination theory channel. I'm not sure why these guys want to beat a dead horse, but it's their podcast. If you already knew this, please disregard this message. Hopefully, they'll get back on track.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Monet, I have some bad news. America's Untold Stories has lapsed into a funk where it is now basically a JFK Assassination theory channel. I'm not sure why these guys want to beat a dead horse, but it's their podcast. If you already knew this, please disregard this message. Hopefully, they'll get back on track.
    Yeah, no offense meant to you, but I gave up on them a year or two ago.
    Mark blocked me on twitter when I made some small joke about something stupid that he said.
    Some joke about how he bashes California all day long but refuses to move to another state.
    The guy is very sensitive and the more I listened to him the more I felt like he tends to be phony and biased.
    He is super sensitive about being Jewish and the Jewish community.
    His comments and reaction to the whole Kanye West incidents proved that.
    Seems odd, from a guy, who worked at Lampoon and literally made fun of serial killers by making playing cards about them.
    I still skim through some of their podcasts but their heavy on "Super Chats" lol.
    Hunley is more background, but Mark has some interesting hypocritical moments in my opinion.
    He would barely touch Anne Heche because he claimed to be a close friend and did not want to offend.
    He just has odd moments.
    He is also Super MAGA and Super Pro Trump.
    I'm not against him for that but it seems odd as I would expect him to be against everyone in general.
    I agree with a lot of his stances, but I definitely have to sift through what he is saying.
    He still has some cool stories but I've heard most of them.
    I'm not really interested in JFK because it's pretty Fucking clear that the Kabal assassinated him.
    And to be honest, JFK wasn't some "good guy" he obviously just stepped on the wrong toes.
    But thanks for the heads up.
    Appreciated!

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Mark blocked me on twitter when I made some small joke about something stupid that he said.
    Some joke about how he bashes California all day long but refuses to move to another state.
    The guy is very sensitive and the more I listened to him the more I felt like he tends to be phony and biased.
    He is super sensitive about being Jewish and the Jewish community.
    His comments and reaction to the whole Kanye West incidents proved that.
    That's true. Mark dishes it out, but can't take it. Baldwin is probably surprised since he and Mark were friends back when Mark lived on the east coast and then Mark started going bananas on the Rust deal (which was entertaining and Baldwin certainly is a dipshit). Mark brags about how he was a drug dealer and how he and his friends would intentionally damage peoples' gutters and other parts of peoples' houses (back in upstate New York during his teenage and early adult years) and then knock on their doors and tell them that he and his workmates noticed some damage and that they could do some repair work for money. Anyway, like you wrote, he has some great insights but one does have to sift through all his bullshit. I have definitely changed my attitude towards him. Especially after the jillionth JFK episode where he relates some distantly related player into the JFK narrative. Well, on to different podcasts for the most part (I'll check in once in a while I guess) - they never got any super bucks from me -LMFAO.

Looks like Rock and Roll is a CIA PSYOP.
    From the Wrecking Crew to Laurel Canyon.
    Pretty odd that nearly every famous rocker, in that time period, had CIA/Military Parents/Siblings.

Looks like Rock and Roll is a CIA PSYOP.
    From the Wrecking Crew to Laurel Canyon.
    Pretty odd that nearly every famous rocker, in that time period, had CIA/Military Parents/Siblings.
    Great point regarding music. And in the movie vein, that is one insight that Mark (Groubert) brought to our attention a couple years back - I didn't realize before then that the CIA pretty much runs the film business.

In queue for a listening:

Rogan part 2 Andreesson podcast on deck for a listening (nothing else going on listening-wise). I guess Andreesson is making the rounds again. Please disregard this post if you are already aware of this podcast.
    Name:  uYBlR7K.png
Views: 146
Size:  46.4 KB

Rogan part 2 Andreesson podcast on deck for a listening (nothing else going on listening-wise). I guess Andreesson is making the rounds again. Please disregard this post if you are already aware of this podcast.
    No worries buddy.
    I caught it a couple days ago.
    2 hours of AI talk.
    It seems that Joe Rogan is too dense to get it or doesn't want to.
    Joe Rogan keeps thinking that the AI will magically come alive and take over the world.
    Even after every scientist told him that this is not possible.
    The more I listen to Joe Rogan, the dumber I think that weed is making him.
    And to be honest, his show has gone way downhill in the last 12 months plus.
    I get it.
    It doesn't matter anymore.
    His Podcast is worth 100s of Millions of Dollars no matter what he talks about or who he has on.

The best thing that Marc said was that all the homeless degenerates are a byproduct of all our innovation.
    You can't have one without the other.
    Makes Perfect Sense to me.
    I paraphrased what he actually said.

No worries buddy.
    I caught it a couple days ago.
    2 hours of AI talk.
    It seems that Joe Rogan is too dense to get it or doesn't want to.
    Joe Rogan keeps thinking that the AI will magically come alive and take over the world.
    Even after every scientist told him that this is not possible.
    The more I listen to Joe Rogan, the dumber I think that weed is making him.
    And to be honest, his show has gone way downhill in the last 12 months plus.
    I get it.
    It doesn't matter anymore.
    His Podcast is worth 100s of Millions of Dollars no matter what he talks about or who he has on.

The best thing that Marc said was that all the homeless degenerates are a byproduct of all our innovation.
    You can't have one without the other.
    Makes Perfect Sense to me.
    I paraphrased what he actually said.
    Thanks Monet. I enjoyed this episode better than the 1st one. I think it was because Marc was less focused on his own tech companies in this episode. Also the brief discussion regarding speculation about the moon landings and nukes was interesting. Anyway, like you said, the show has gone downhill quite a bit in general over the past year. Marc said straight-up that he is pro-cults, but he does have some interesting takes on things despite this.

Very entertaining doc. Please disregard this post if you have already seen this:

Oh, that should be good.
    Thanks for posting as I did not know they had a Jackie Documentary!
    You probably already seen this, but it appears that the rules do not apply to everyone equally.
    Democracy?
    lul, Yeah Right.

Oh, that should be good.
    Thanks for posting as I did not know they had a Jackie Documentary!
    You probably already seen this, but it appears that the rules do not apply to everyone equally.
    Democracy?
    lul, Yeah Right.
    No problem Monet. Thanks for posting that - I hadn't seen it. That's totally amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if there is street justice after this outcome.

Very entertaining doc. Please disregard this post if you have already seen this:
    Great Documentary!
    Really funny.
    I loved that joke with Willie Nelson in the beginning about the Old Man walking up the stairs.
    And the speed round where he knows all the jokes lol.
    Nice Find!
    Too Bad that Jackie is too much of a nice guy and made Howard Stern a Billionaire.
    That's why Howard had to change the format.
    He doesn't have comedians like Jackie and Artie giving him all the quick-witted material.
    My personality is very much like Arite and Jackie.
    Lots of sarcasm and quick wit.
    Without all the ambition that they had.
    Most people, in real life, can't handle it.
    Sometimes, I can't handle it lol.
    You may have noticed that by all my posts in the past years over here.
    I don't hold back or fake it online.
    It's basically me talking out loud but typing the words.
    Last edited by monet; 07-30-2023 at 10:56 AM.

Very entertaining doc. Please disregard this post if you have already seen this
    Great Documentary!
    Really funny.
    I loved that joke with Willie Nelson in the beginning about the Old Man walking up the stairs.
    And the speed round where he knows all the jokes lol.
    Nice Find!
    Too Bad that Jackie is too much of a nice guy and made Howard Stern a Billionaire.
    That's why Howard had to change the format.
    He doesn't have comedians like Jackie and Artie giving him all the quick-witted material.
    My personality is very much like Arite and Jackie.
    Lots of sarcasm and quick wit.
    Without all the ambition that they had.
    Most people, in real life, can't handle it.
    Sometimes, I can't handle it lol.
    You may have noticed that by all my posts in the past years over here.
    I don't hold back or fake it online.
    It's basically me talking out loud but typing the words.
    Thanks Monet, I'm glad you enjoyed it. My funny bone almost got revved up enough while watching it, to call Jackie's dial-a-joke line, but it didn't happen.
    BTW, I finally got around to watching Clerks 3, for continuity. I thought it was very poor.

Reminds me of Jackie Moon...

Reminds me of Jackie Moon...
    LOL, I'm glad you posted that - I had totally forgotten that scene.

Thread Information