Thread: Camping Around Las Vegas

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Shopping for a new hobo abode, I see.
    Wish you guys would stop your feud.
    You are on the same team!
    However, I get it... carry on.
    Have Fun.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    There’s a prehistoric pup fish from thousands of years ago that only resides in a national wildlife refuge south of Death Valley so put that in your pipe and smoke it Cunt, perhaps along with some sativa.
    Hmmm that got ugly real quick.
    I thought we were being civil in this thread.
    Guess Not.
    I still don't understand smoking it when you can eat it and get up to 5x the effects.
    And save your lungs.
    Talk about more bang for your buck.

How many erstwhile Las Vegas gamblers are living in tents or in their cars?

Lots, is my guess.

This gambling jones ... so very destructive to the weak and feeble of character...
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    There’s a prehistoric pup fish from thousands of years ago that only resides in a national wildlife refuge south of Death Valley so put that in your pipe and smoke it Cunt, perhaps along with some sativa.
    Guess Not.
    I still don't understand smoking it when you can eat it and get up to 5x the effects.
    And save your lungs.
    I must have missed the memo.

Re: smoking, it’s not that simple. It’s a totally different type of high, and anything beyond raw flower has a pretty serious up charge due to either the demand or processing needed so it’s not so much more bang for the buck. Also easier to see what you’re getting, and with edibles you don’t know until a couple hours later whether you took too much or not enough compared to what you wanted, when you smoke you know how stoned you are very quickly, and doesn’t last so long so you can function better than edibles an hour or two later.

Re: smoking, it’s not that simple. It’s a totally different type of high, and anything beyond raw flower has a pretty serious up charge due to either the demand or processing needed so it’s not so much more bang for the buck. Also easier to see what you’re getting, and with edibles you don’t know until a couple hours later whether you took too much or not enough compared to what you wanted, when you smoke you know how stoned you are very quickly, and doesn’t last so long so you can function better than edibles an hour or two later.
    First off, why would you buy edibles??
    Laziness is the only answer.
    Make your own.

Second, the only good thing about smoking it is that you can control how much of the drug enters into your bloodstream.
    Smoking it is immediate so you basically can never take too much or get too high unlike when you eat an edible.
    That is the problem with edibles.
    People eat too much and when the THC turns into 11-hydroxy-THC (after it passes through your liver) you can get on some really difficult or bad trips.
    So, when you digest it, it is actually a different drug compared to smoking it and you get a different effect.
    That's the point.
    You have to start out with small doses and work your way up to find out how much you should eat to get your desired effect.

When I first started to mess with it I did it the opposite way or the wrong way and ate large amounts.
    I'd be on 16 hour trips.
    Mostly bad.
    Sometimes 3 hours of couch lock.
    Strong Paranoia.
    Watching things go in reverse lol.
    It took me a few years to realize I should eat much smaller portions lol.

That was my main point.
    When you make your own edibles and freeze them, you can make an ounce last for a year depending on your usage.
    You can't get that bang for your buck when you smoke it up.
    Joe Rogan made a very true statement about edibles.
    "It's like wakeboarding."
    Very true statement as wakeboarding can get out of control very fast.

These days, when I do eat special brownies, cookies or banana bread, that I have made, I eat about 1/5 of the amount I used to when I first started messing with THC.
    It's a complete different experience as I can ride the waves and rarely wipe out anymore.

Smoking it is 4x worse, compared to cigarettes, when you compare Tar Levels in your Lungs.
    Smoking it is bad all around on your body and I'm sure that eating it is bad on your organs as well.
    If you are going to mess with it you have to pick your poison.
    The only option for me is to eat it or drink it if I am going to mess with it.
    To each his or her own though... my point was that smoking it is worse for your body and you lose money in the long run.

This drug effects everyone differently, so it would be near impossible for me to claim one way over the other is better.
    Abstinence is probably best overall.
    Separation Anxiety is a serious risk to consider.
    I had a couple episodes of that when I stopped after my first year or so of usage.
    Not Fun... Felt like a heart attack, heavy sweats and an inability to move for 10 minutes or so.
    Thankfully, I only had two Anxiety Attacks and a week or so of deep depression.
    lol, that was a wild experience.
    Not Recommended.
    Last edited by monet; 06-24-2021 at 06:50 AM.

Re: tar. No one smokes the equivalent of two packs a day. Yeah smoking anything is bad for you. I just prefer the head high to the body high. I really only like edibles if getting on a plane or if I want to sleep for a longer than typical period of time. I’m an off and on guy, always have trouble sleeping for a bit when I quit.

Guess Not.
    And save your lungs.
    Sad how even an innocent thread about CAMPING turned into name calling. Such a sad sad shame. Reminds me of someone who said something like,"I could start a thread with NOTHING but one word,"Tunafish," come back a week later and find it filled with lots of vitriolic arguing."
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

You’re getting on my last nerve Tasha I’m close to cussing you out. You know gosh darn well the only reason you’re not permanently banned from here is because most anything goes so don’t act innocent.

You’re getting on my last nerve Tasha I’m close to cussing you out. You know gosh darn well the only reason you’re not permanently banned from here is because most anything goes so don’t act innocent.
    I don't know why you insulted Accounting Question out of the blue when he posted an innocent anecdote about Camping. :/

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Guess Not.
    And save your lungs.
    rofl didn't even realize mcap had an issue with me. Probably loved Trump just a bit too much.

Speaking of weed, federal law has made weed products 100% derived from hemp and without this certain THC to be legal. However, there are slightly different versions of THC. So now you can buy all sorts of legal shit that's about 1/2 as good for a really good price. This thread reminded me to go suck down a 50 mg edible.

https://www.vapemarkdown.com/Cake-De...0mg_p_230.html $19 for 10 strong edibles of 50 mgs. This isn't the same as a Vegas 50 mg, but it is definitely signficant. The high isn't as uhm disorienting? Not sure, but you don't quite get the same thing out of it, but you do get a decent low-grade buzz that works.

** I have given this to people who have no tolerance and they woke up high the next morning and were afraid to go to work. So be warned...
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 06-24-2021 at 11:45 AM.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by Tasha
    I don't know why you insulted Accounting Question out of the blue when he posted an innocent anecdote about Camping. :/
    Not sure just WHO mcap was targeting; his heart runneth over with antipathy.
    What, Me Worry?

No problems with account he just has a fun nickname. Tasha on the other hand...go smoke a bowl V. Hybrid?

Nah, indica.

If a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right.
    What, Me Worry?

Here is a guy who has a different method and saves some serious money on equipment.
    You can get this tent for around 550 to 600 dollars.
    Camping in an Insulated Ice Fishing Shanty.
    Go back to your Shanties! - Shooter McGavin -
    Not perfect but could be modified for long term camping and a wood stove.
    You would have to figure a way out to anchor and tie it down though.
    I read some reviews that it has had problems with leaks.
    I suppose you could set up a Rain Fly over the top to solve that issue.
    Perhaps even use conduit poles and anchor it down to create a large awning.
    Basically it is an Instant Tent.
    He got a real nice Free Camping Spot... that's for sure!

My wife actually bought a very similar butane burner years ago like the one he is trying to cook with in the video.
    I find that the wind can be a problem but its a nice alternative if you don't want to cook over your campfire or inside your tent which can create oil problems, over time, on your tent material.
    Campfire cooking is great with cast iron but has some of its own issues.
    MRE's are pretty good at about 9 to 13 dollars per pouch.
    Easy enough as you just add water and clean up is a breeze if you eat out of the pouch.
    The main problem with those are salt content and intestinal.
    I've mostly experimented with Mountain House.
    Happy Yak is supposed to be the best tasting and less salt but more expensive, around 13/14 dollars per meal.
    That company actually freeze dries the whole food which is a more expensive process.
    Other easy but heavy choices are canned Tuna, Sardines, Beans and or Soups.
    Instant Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat is another easy instant choice.

Last edited by monet; 06-25-2021 at 01:12 AM.

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    I'll freely admit, I was wrong. Mcap wasn't insulting Accounting Question. He was insulting Monet.

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    I'll freely admit, I was wrong. Mcap wasn't insulting Accounting Question. He was insulting Monet.
    mcap was insulting me in one of his posts??
    That Mother Fucking Son of a Bitch!
    He will pay and he will pay dearly!
    I'm gonna get that Mother Fucker if it is the last thing I do!!
    After tableplay though.
    He is first up on the list!
    A much bigger fish to fry IMO.

I went out the other night to burn off the new woodstove.
    Your supposed to break it in and burn off the paint for an hour or two.
    Very clear night and warm temperatures.
    Full Moon and Jupiter was visible in the night sky.
    I think it was Jupiter... I'm not a professional so take that with a grain of salt.
    Anyways... I got this stove ripping for the first 20 minutes or so.
    Probably shouldn't of done that.
    The bottom section and one of the middle sections in the stovepipe were glowing bright orange.
    You could see the flame shooting out the top of the 8 foot long stovepipe.
    My door hinge probably got too hot and now it is very tight.
    Hopefully I can clean and oil it.
    Hot Water Tank worked perfect and holds 6 gallons.
    A bit heavy and bulky but worth the 30 dollar upgrade for the larger stove.
    I'm still young and strong enough to wrestle with this type of equipment.
    I'm planning on a 2 to 3 week trip around the middle of July.
    I'll try to take some more pictures and wear the proper amount of sunscreen this time out.
    Some pictures of the woodstove and moon below.
    I built a campfire while I waited for the stove to cool down.
    I spent about 5 hours out in the desert.
    The stove gets cool pretty fast even in 80 degree weather.
    Took about an hour or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by monet; 06-30-2021 at 05:08 AM.

lol stovepipe out of nowhere.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Thread Information