Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
So long as KJ affirms under the penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of Nevada that for at least the past ten years he has always properly filed his income tax returns identifying himself as a "professional gambler" then I see no problem with him identifying himself as such on this board.

His Schedule C's for the past decade would tell the tale.

No, I am not asking that he post them; for me it would be enough for him to affirm that the proper returns have been filed; it might be interesting, at least to me, to have KJ discuss some of the gambling-related expenses / deductions he claimed, but I digress.

Sure, he likes attention and has a narcissistic streak of sorts but I think any shade due from that is offset by the content of his posts.

What is wrong with a man on a gambling board cliaiming to be a professional gambler?

Isn't this THE EXACT PLACE where such a claim is warranted?

I assume viewers would rather read his posts about how he approaches blackjack from a professional point of view than my posts from amateurland about slots and craps.

Besides, in making that claim he knowingly sets himself up for a higher level of scrutiny, which a poseur would wish to avoid.
I am sorry MisterV, but No I am not getting into my tax filings on a message board. I will say that I have a tax guy, a guy that mostly handles and specializes in gamblers, so he knows what he is doing. And for tax purposes I have filed a couple different ways over the years, depending on what benefits me most, all legal.

That is all I am going to say. If you think players claiming to make a living from gambling should be required to prove it by showing tax documents, then there will be no professioal players on these forums, that simple. Recreational players can talk amonst themselves.