Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BOZ, UNKEwlj, MrV, REDietz

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Mission, God speaks back through action. When I ask for help and I mean real help getting through or coming through a very difficult or trying time and I am not talking about "dear God please let the Golden knights win this series" I am talking about "Dear God, please help me through my heart surgury", or "Dear God please help me to get through this homeless period" (when I was in high school), he speaks back to me through action.

Now I am sure you are laughting, and have a good time doing so, but I believe that. Now what if I am wrong. What if my prayers and speaking to God are just sort of a self reflection, more than anything else. A chance for me to sort of work through a vision of what the next step is. Would that be such a terrible thing?
    It would not be a terrible thing. You also acknowledge the possibility of being wrong, which indicates that you have thought about it. Similarly, I acknowledge the possibility that I am wrong, which is why I'm Agnostic.

As it turns out, you're not dogmatic, nor am I, so the two of us have no metaphysical beef.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Medical doctors helped you, not some fictional being.
    Religion helps some people find comfort during difficult times. May work for you or may not.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Religion helps some people find comfort during difficult times. May work for you or may not.
    Organized Religion is The Devil.
    Jesus hated that Scam.

I'd bet on Rob Singer winning an Olympic gold medal in the 100 meter dash against 7 Jamaican superstars before I believe in any religion.

I'd bet on Rob Singer winning an Olympic gold medal in the 100 meter dash against 7 Jamaican superstars before I believe in any religion.

Now don't be too quick to judge, jbjb. I'm a card carrying member of both the Church of Bacon and the Church of "Bob."

https://unitedchurchofbacon.org/

I believe this started when parking for one of the Nevada churches spilled over onto residential streets, and the cops refused to ticket parishioners. So some of the residents started up their own church. I bought shirts.

And then there's this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._R._%22Bob%22_Dobbs

I joined because my name is Bob. Best reason in the world.

I don't know if my God or supreme Alien Being that I talk to is a sports fan, but the Golden Knights are going to need every fan of theirs who believes in God or a higher authority or whatever to ask for a little help after Todays shellacking. I know the Knights were exhausted coming off a game 7 win, while Colorada was rested, but it looked like men vs boys out there. The Aves were litterally skating circles around the Knights.

The asking God or a higher being for help with the Knights was said in jest on my part. I don't ask help in things involving sports, or things like that, only the big life altering things, like I mentioned previously. Although if I am being honest, I did prey for or ask for help with the Eagles winning a superbowl a couple years back. That was more for my partner, and those life long fans like him that had waited for a Superbowl their whole lives. So I cheated and asked and was answered.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Organized Religion is The Devil.
    Jesus hated that Scam.
    Maybe I used the wrong word,,,,,,"religion".

I don't need faith to face difficulty but I have met a lot of people that can't face challenging circumstances without it. I really can't discuss the topic because I do not possess much knowledge on the subject.

If there were no God there would be a need to create one.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

What kind of god would crucify his own son?
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    It's amazing what the human imagination can create.

It's also amazing how easily that same humanity is suckered into these scams.
    Last edited by jbjb; 05-31-2021 at 08:17 AM.

Social control. That's probably why, 'we' did create one, so you're not wrong.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    The kind who has a solid understanding of the potential benefits of symbolism in marketing.

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    People that believe in God are more likely to survive and reproduce than those who don't. So in certain respects disbelief in God can be considered a form of mental illness.
    [spoilers]even though it's true. It is not necessarily beneficial to an organism, to have too accurate a view of reality.[/spoilers]

(what's the syntax for spoiler tags on here? i've tried [spoiler] and [spoilers] and neither work?)

Originally Posted by pepe View Post
    People that believe in God are more likely to survive and reproduce than those who don't. So in certain respects disbelief in God can be considered a form of mental illness.
    [spoilers]even though it's true. It is not necessarily beneficial to an organism, to have too accurate a view of reality.[/spoilers]

(what's the syntax for spoiler tags on here? i've tried [spoiler] and [spoilers] and neither work?)
    Nobody has ever been able to explain to me the actual benefits of our continued propagation.

Although if I am being honest, I did prey
    LOL...yep you did prey....you preyed and did your prey.

This troll tactic is one of my favorites."I know all about this guy, from a reliable source, but I can't tell you what I know or the source".
    I happen to know for fact some things you don't.
    I know that there is a God because I talk to him every day.
    I don't know if my God or supreme Alien Being that I talk to is a sports fan
    What does the math say, jackass?

What a complete full-of-shit tewl you are to accuse others of fantasy claims, fairytales and voodoo,
    and then in the next breath claim to know that God exists because you talk to him every day.

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    Kewlj is a major league Las Vegas forum fraud. He is a big-time loser in real life, and needs places like this and WOV to write and live out his BJ gambling fantasies.

As strange as ZenKing appears, he makes sense when pointing out several of Kewlj’s lies. When Kewlj declares he’s done with a member is usually when he doesn’t want the discussion to go any further in fear of being exposed. If he’s professional at anything it’s being a professional forum con-artist who specializes in when to pull the plug. His forum behavior could be related to other mental disorders he was forced to live with.

This forum is loaded with different versions of this same type of con artists. This type of bullshit behavior seems to go hand in hand when the title of gambler appears. This place has nothing to do with anything important about gambling or confirmed true unless you’re looking for where to get a free burger and fries.

Originally Posted by pepe View Post

Good points, pepe. But always a problem with defining mental illness as that which does not lead to optimal reproduction. For example, you can get into rape and whether or to what degree rape was allowed through the majority of human history. That leads to the question of whether "not raping" is a form of mental illness and other rabbit hole ideas. But it's good, as you say, to loosen up one's perspective on this stuff.

A potential parallel argument is that if accurate views of reality were beneficial from a reproductive standpoint, we'd all have eidetic memory. We most certainly do not.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post

LOL...yep you did prey....you preyed and did your prey.

I happen to know for fact some things you don't.
    I know that there is a God because I talk to him every day.
    I don't know if my God or supreme Alien Being that I talk to is a sports fan
    What does the math say, jackass?

What a complete full-of-shit tewl you are to accuse others of fantasy claims, fairytales and voodoo,
    and then in the next breath claim to know that God exists because you talk to him every day.

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    Kewlj is a major league Las Vegas forum fraud. He is a big-time loser in real life, and needs places like this and WOV to write and live out his BJ gambling fantasies.

As strange as ZenKing appears, he makes sense when pointing out several of Kewlj’s lies. When Kewlj declares he’s done with a member is usually when he doesn’t want the discussion to go any further in fear of being exposed. If he’s professional at anything it’s being a professional forum con-artist who specializes in when to pull the plug. His forum behavior could be related to other mental disorders he was forced to live with.

This forum is loaded with different versions of this same type of con artists. This type of bullshit behavior seems to go hand in hand when the title of gambler appears. This place has nothing to do with anything important about gambling or confirmed true unless you’re looking for where to get a free burger and fries.
    What an angry dude?!!! Must be the holiday weekend and 3 days removed from stalking and sucking the high school boys. Relax pervert. Tomorrow is almost here.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

I was hoping coach would be studying up on the differences between laws, regulations, and policies. Maybe sign up for an AndrewG seminar or something.

But you have to give coach credit. He gets something completely, utterly wrong (like under what conditions can one get a check after playing table games), posts 20 or 30 times while being wrong, doesn't bother to actually check up on whether he's wrong, and then isn't embarrassed and doesn't apologize for being wrong. It takes a special kind of person to do that over and over, and to then explain in post after post on topic after topic that he knows whereof he speaks.

Just had to hop in, stay on brand and point out that this belongs in the “whatever’s on your mind” subforum.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Paul called it the "mystery of the ages."

Thread Information