Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vegas Loop (telsa tunnels)

Mcap, WHY did you randomly insult Mdawg in a thread that is about Vegas Transportation and had nothing to do with Mdawg? :/ I'm not even going to dignify that quote with a direct quote. It was very out of line for you to do....
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

It's a loss leader for advertising purposes. They're getting 100,000s of vegas tourists to try riding in a Tesla car. Musk is no dummy, and wouldn't do this unless the advertising was worth more than the cost.

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    Mcap, WHY did you randomly insult Mdawg in a thread that is about Vegas Transportation and had nothing to do with Mdawg? :/ I'm not even going to dignify that quote with a direct quote. It was very out of line for you to do....
    Because I wanted to play?

I never said or thought Elon Musk was a dummy. Maybe for him factoring in the advertising this project was worth it. My concern is strickly Las vegas and this project does nothing to solve the traffic issues, present or future.

The guy at Vital Vegas that wrote the pro-Loop article, said it wasn't fair to judge until you have experienced the Loop. So I went to one of the stations Saturday and it was not open. I think that day of trial runs that was plastered all over the news last week, was one day and for media only. THAT is why it got the coverage it did. I will try again, in coming days or weeks. Might have to wait for an actual convention, which I think are starting up or about to start up.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Loss leader makes sense too. Definitely gets some value from that. Convention goers should typically be well-to-do. It will be interesting to see what this thing morphs into as I figure being manned by drivered road-Teslas to be a bit of a joke in the longterm.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

There's nothing wrong with tunnels. It's the lack of capacity and the danger that just one Tesla breaks down and the whole thing stops.

Long term solution is something like a non stop conveyer belt like Caesars Palace used to have from the Strip to the main door.

For a tunnel system running the length of the Strip make it a subway. Let Musk create Tesla subway cars.

There is no let, he will do as he pleases because Las Vegas is just another of his subservient bitches.

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    There's nothing wrong with tunnels. It's the lack of capacity and the danger that just one Tesla breaks down and the whole thing stops.

Long term solution is something like a non stop conveyer belt like Caesars Palace used to have from the Strip to the main door.

For a tunnel system running the length of the Strip make it a subway. Let Musk create Tesla subway cars.
    Kind of like when LYFT test run a driverless car and on like the very first test run with driverless cars, the driverless car hit a Pedestrian and kept going, stalling LYFT's driverless car idea indefinitely...
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

The original plan, as part of the convention center expansion, called for an entrence on the strip, with a series of conveyer belt style people movers (like the airport), to the new expansion part that sits just off strip and the older part of the convention center, which is a little further back on Paradise. The distance is so short that is all that was neccessary. Musk jumped in with this underground "Loop" proposal that isn't necessary (because it isn't that far) that mostly benefits him by exposure and publicity.

And btw, the Loop can move a capacity of 4400 people an hour. that may be fine for many of the smaller conventions, But with the large conventions, like CES, and World of Concrete which draw 60-100 thousand attendees (and capable of more now with the expansion) all wanting to get from their hotels on the strip to the convention floor at the same time, this little publicity thing of Musk's is not going to get the job done.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 06-01-2021 at 10:50 AM.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

The best part of the old Caesars people mover was that it moved people into Caesars, but it would not take them out.
    Keep your friends close, keep your drinks closer...

I don't know... I can't complain about the moving belts. There were still several of them in 2009 on the strip when a girl I knew from college came to visit me in Vegas.

She was a non-gambler, so I had to find things for us to do (in the August heat, no less). At night, I was taking her around the strip, and at various times we got on those moving belts, and we stood as they moved, and she leaned up against me. Romantic first date stuff. She's the girl I'm still with today. On our first anniversary of that weekend, she drew me a little pic of us on a moving belt.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Thread Information