Thread: A question for Rob on win goals...

I would like to know the difference between mini-goals and session win goals. Do you change machines after a mini-win goal? Or do you start over on the same machine until you win a session goal? Alan, you've been dealing with this: how do you do it-in case Rob has already left for his trip.

Mini win goals as they pertain to my single-play strategy, are all the 40+ credit cashouts poured into the soft profit pool, realized along the way to attaining my overall win goal of $2500.

In ARTT strategy, on 25c thru the $5 denominations (5 levels), a mini win goal is every time a minimum $1.25 soft profit is attained.

Changing machines has nothing to do with win goals. I only change if I detect it's in a cold cycle or I become uncomfortable for any reason.

Thanks, Rob. So I'm gonna ask-if I were playing rtt strategy-5-10-25-$1 would $25 be a good win goal?

Could we get a summary of what RTT and ARTT are?

Slingshot, your $25 win goal is with what kind of bankroll? And how much are you prepared to lose to win the $25?

thanks.

Well, first of all I goofed on the progression-which should be 5-25-$1 and that would be as high a level as I could go. RTT is simply 100 credits played on BP, then 2-300 credits on abvp. Also, a variation is 200 credits on BP only, which I really like on some days. I think where I have the most problem is when I should begin again after reaching WHAT win goal. I understand the concept of cold/hot cycles, BTW, and don't want to start beating a dead dog again. I just want to know the best stop/restart point and how to calculate it. Artt, although simple, can really get into the money fast as you could be on the highest level in 3-5 hands. It's basically progressing in denomination whenever a loss on a hand occurs, or replaying the denomination on a push, or returning to the lowest denom whenever two pair or better is attained or a combination of wins returns the previously played bets. I've been practicing artt on 5-10-25 cent machines with good results and I'm beginning to see there are some sessions I maybe would have come out winner if I had stopped at say while $10 ahead after realizing the machine had begun a cold cycle.

Occasionally, like on a Sunday morning, this "win goal" stuff makes me as cranky as Arci. This stuff is just a way to manage your ability to walk away from the machine. To go into some kind of minutia with it is ridiculous, like angels on the head of a pin debates.

It would work just as well to buy a watch with an alarm, turn it away so it doesn't face you, set the alarm without seeing it, and put the watch in your pocket. When it goes off, you quit. Easy, no muss, no fuss.

Honestly, guys, I haven't taken a math course in decades, but I have a couple of intro stat and game theory courses on DVD that I can recommend. Invest fifty bucks and learn a little math. This self-help win-goal magic is fine if you enjoy shows like Ghosthunters. You're spending a lot of mind-time and energy on things that don't really exist.

And I just wasted ten minutes myself.

Alan, I'll get to explaining ARTT & RTT soon.

Slingshot, a win goal is always a function of the lowest, highest, and number of denominations you're playing. In your three-level scenario (and please note that I do not recommend anything less than four levels) $25 is fine.

redietz, setting and attaining win goals never made sense to me for years--until I worked the concept into SPS and my other strategies and actually always did what I said I was going to do. The reason the majority of gamblers don't believe in them is because they have some type of experience trying to use them, and they found their discipline wasn't what they thought it was. As far as setting an alarm, playing a single denomination for hours like most players do, that might make some sense. If I had done that with my strategies however, I'd estimate I'd have lost at least 60% of my sessions.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Occasionally, like on a Sunday morning, this "win goal" stuff makes me as cranky as Arci. This stuff is just a way to manage your ability to walk away from the machine. To go into some kind of minutia with it is ridiculous, like angels on the head of a pin debates.

It would work just as well to buy a watch with an alarm, turn it away so it doesn't face you, set the alarm without seeing it, and put the watch in your pocket. When it goes off, you quit. Easy, no muss, no fuss.

Honestly, guys, I haven't taken a math course in decades, but I have a couple of intro stat and game theory courses on DVD that I can recommend. Invest fifty bucks and learn a little math. This self-help win-goal magic is fine if you enjoy shows like Ghosthunters. You're spending a lot of mind-time and energy on things that don't really exist.

And I just wasted ten minutes myself.
    I know what you're saying-but here's the way it sometimes works out: You begin playing on aart, for example, and build up a 15-$30 win and after a few hands of continued playing all of a sudden those flushes, straights, 1-2 card draws start drawing blanks and it takes a lot of discipline to just say that's it and stop. I'm not talking about stopping when a certain time frame passes but rather at a reasonable time based on how the hands are playing vs. continuing during a possible hot streak. Since these aren't always noticeable, I can see the advantage of starting over after a reasonable win. There is one point that is often overlooked: sure, there are maybe lots of little wins-but the few times the big wins happen, you quickly forget these little wins.

With random games there is no advantage to win goals. Anyone who believes there is might as believe in fairies, trolls and other mythical creatures. It is pure nonsense that only uneducated or weak minded individuals would accept. It's real close to believing in Santa, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy. It's quite sad to see adults even contemplate such crazy talk.

Unless a person wants to be perceived as an idiot I suggest spending a little time educating yourself. Just maybe you won't fall for the lies the dufus continues to spread.

I'm afraid there's something a little sadder. After replaying most of my sessions, I realized I could have gone home with an average of $50-$150 winnings if I hadn't kept playing. Now that's a dufus.

I suspect you could have gone home with even more if you never had played.

arci and his plethora of personal attacks--now THAT's a sure sign that common sense is getting to him in a most appropriate way....or maybe it's that the plumber just found a depends was causing the backup.

The way I played-that's true and I'll admit it. That's why I'm starting at such low denoms until I get confident. People think it's easy to set goals and keep them-PLUS keep up with the machine's behavior-Plus keep and eye on the number of credits played-PLUS keeping an eye on special play opportunities. That might be why they play at breakneck speed without any thought of what they're doing other than making the "correct" play. Funny thing, though-it keeps you alert and thinking.

Thread Information