Thread: An Open Message To Everyone

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Why don't you make a few calls? I'd love for you to dig up someone who would characterize me as a sports gambling addict. That would really be something. I'd pay to see that. In fact, I will. Find a real person who knows me, and I'll shell out a Circus Circus steakhouse dinner if they will go on record as sincerely thinking I am a sports gambling addict.
    Do you even realize how much of a fraudulent fool you appear on this forum?

After reviewing every search engine available including private ones, the closest anyone would be able to get to confirming just your alleged real name will only lead to Korean recipes.

Now you want someone to try and find a person that knows you personally and could confirm your past gambling behavior.

Why does anything involving you and gambling always boil down to finding Waldo?

Hitting the board on a couple gambling tournaments with minimal or no personal financial gain is no different then winning front row concert seats to a show in a sweepstake.

You’ve been doing this alleged shit for what is it, 50 years now? This is all you have for us is a couple of tournaments you placed well in? A couple of alleged future hits your typed words claim. Like they say even a blind squirrel finds a nut. The odds are good considering over a period of 50 years.

How about some real gambling tickets like Monet shows? Of course, he’s not showing all his losers but at least we know he’s a real gambler.

I think it’s time for you to back off and finally realize how ridiculous your claims on a ridiculous gambling forum appear to everyone but you. Your nonsense about gambling with no proof except some meaningless gambling games where most of the entries are common folk like Monet, and Dan Druff, is pathetic. It’s like all the other alleged AP’s on here for some reason who have a need to find acceptance for their sad life choices.

What benefit could explain any AP being here bragging about un-proven riches?

I love you too, anonymous dude.

I direct people to the "Tipsters or Gypsters?" thread, where standings from the McCusker Report are posted. Just type Typsters or Gypsters? into search and look for the thread title. For those who are not familiar with the McCusker Report, formally titled "Tipsters or Gypsters?" -- it was an annual report out of Las Vegas by former Seattle Times reporter Mike McCusker during the 1980's and 1990's. it recorded every play of more than a hundred services and published their records annually, plus the top two, three, and five year records on the back pages. A San Francisco Chronicle piece about Mike McCusker is posted in Post #7 of the thread. Posts #8 and #9 provide an example of standings from a year. Note that I did not include my best finish as an example. I'm modest that way.

For more recent material, I suggest calling Playbook and requesting the results of the Wise Guys Contest for the last 30 years, which featured two games per week for every week of every football season. Tally up the 30-year results and see if I'm first or second or third. Fun project.

Now the anonymous blackhole might argue, "Well, none of that matters. You need to show winnings." Obviously, any tickets posted for real money could represent sampling bias -- namely post winners and not losers. I do, however, recommend checking out some of my "late cousin's" more interesting scores from the Retro Road Trip thread. You may want to take a look at Posts 63, 64, and 66 of that thread.

If anyone wants a more recent, modest score (say 10K) ask nicely and maybe I'll post it.

Blackhole thinks that finishing sixth in multiple handicapping contests in a single year (2020), each with thousands of people, is like winning lotteries. Well, if that's his conclusion, it goes a long way towards explaining why he's done so well gambling. He doesn't grasp the simple realities of logic and math. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Frankly, public handicapping records are about the only way to hazard a guess as to whether handicappers win. If there were college football equivalents of the Superbook Contest, I'd be in them, but currently there are not. When Bally's sponsored these types of ATS contests in the late 90's, I entered. I had a winning record but did not cash one year, and finished tied for second or third the other year.

As to "sad life choices," I've done many things wrong in life, but I've taken something resembling the correct path. I'm not so Disney as to declare that I wouldn't change many things, but as far as gambling goes, I wouldn't change a smidgeon. Very few people can win lifetime at sports gambling and gambling overall, and hit the grave having publicly told the truth about all of it.
    Last edited by redietz; 06-25-2021 at 01:31 AM.

Thread Information