Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Lmao @ Mandalay Bay

  1. #21
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    If anyone gets the time please find me SNL's Dana Carvey skit called Ching Chang Chicken lol lol lol.
    Mid 80's around 1986 iirc.
    Hard to find it as the Internet and NBC seems to be trying to hide it.
    https://archive.org/details/saturday...he-wallflowers

    Cheers M8.

  2. #22
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    If anyone gets the time please find me SNL's Dana Carvey skit called Ching Chang Chicken lol lol lol.
    Mid 80's around 1986 iirc.
    Hard to find it as the Internet and NBC seems to be trying to hide it.
    https://archive.org/details/saturday...he-wallflowers

    Cheers M8.
    That was the dumbest shit ever. Did they edit the marquee on the movie theatre to say ching change instead of ching chang?

  3. #23
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    That was the dumbest shit ever. Did they edit the marquee on the movie theatre to say ching change instead of ching chang?
    This skit, Ching Chang Chicken Play, is so bad it makes me laugh at how bad it is.
    I'm pretty sure they changed the name of the skit over time from Ching Chang to Ching Change.
    As good as Dana Carvey is at impersonations he really did a horrible Chinese Accent.
    The skit was better in the mid 80's.
    I think this one was when Dana Carvey was hosting in 2000 and they brought the character back after 10 years.

    Times have changed I suppose.
    Remember when this was ok and funny and even Alec Baldwin was onboard!?

    Last edited by monet; 07-25-2021 at 12:10 AM.

  4. #24
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Good Looking Out!
    I was too tired to figure it out when I posted the request.
    LOL at Dana Carvey as Rudy from Survivor calling everyone queers and for Macy Grace to shut her queer mouth lol lol lol.
    Back when this was ok and funny to broadcast on NBC.
    Starts around the 54 minute mark of that video you posted.

    Samuel L. Jackson... queer.
    Macy Grace... stone queer.
    Dylan McDermott... super queer.
    Enrique Iglesias... el grande queero!
    lol... why don't you shut your queer mouth!!

  5. #25
    Now I want to watch all the Ching Chang episodes lol.
    Two Found... Five more to go!
    Chicken Make Lousy House Pet!!
    If not for me you chickens would be sweet and sour!

    Ching Chang in Love (1987)

    https://archive.org/details/saturday...bert-cray-band

  6. #26
    This is the one I was looking for.
    Thanks to tableplay for finding this site.
    This one was the first with Jon Lovitz and Sam Kinison as Host.
    How is he so bad at doing a Chinese Accent???

    Ching Chang's Pet Chicken Shop (1986)

    https://archive.org/details/saturday...nison-lou-reed
    Last edited by monet; 07-25-2021 at 12:31 AM.

  7. #27
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Good Looking Out!
    I was too tired to figure it out when I posted the request.
    LOL at Dana Carvey as Rudy from Survivor calling everyone queers and for Macy Grace to shut her queer mouth lol lol lol.
    Back when this was ok and funny to broadcast on NBC.
    Starts around the 54 minute mark of that video you posted.

    Samuel L. Jackson... queer.
    Macy Grace... stone queer.
    Dylan McDermott... super queer.
    Enrique Iglesias... el grande queero!
    lol... why don't you shut your queer mouth!!
    Thanks Monet. I saw Master of Disguise when it first came out - only Carvey fans must have liked that one.

  8. #28
    I haven't looked up the title of this one but Ching Chang has a Fugitive Turkey named Edward lol.
    LOL... Matthew Chen, NBC's positive ethnic role model!!

    https://archive.org/details/saturday...ce-bergen-cher
    Last edited by monet; 07-25-2021 at 12:45 AM.

  9. #29
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Thanks Monet. I saw Master of Disguise when it first came out - only Carvey fans must have liked that one.
    #metoo
    The movie is ok for what it is.
    So crazy it just might work!
    No worse than his counter part Mike Myers in that Love Guru movie.

    I could be wrong here but I think Dana Carvey was dressed up in that turtle suit when those planes hit the twin towers.

    I'm so glad you found this Ching Chang Skit and these videos aren't completely erased yet.
    It is apparent that NBC, SNL and others have tried to bury this Ching Chang Skit.
    Last edited by monet; 07-25-2021 at 12:53 AM.

  10. #30
    Funny thing is that I still have the iPhone 5.
    I don't want to change it because I like the smaller pocket size and I don't use it very much.
    Enjoy this SNL Skit making fun of Asians and Americans lol.

    Too Slow?
    You can't play Angry Bird?
    I have Angry Bird too... Chicken at work tried to steal my lunch lol lol lol.

    lol... we don't need map because we sleep where we work... you know!?

    Last edited by monet; 07-25-2021 at 01:23 AM.

  11. #31
    Far East Medley (1987)

    lol... Ching Chang wins Lucky Rabbit on Chinese New Year!
    S12E10 - Paul Shaffer
    42nd Minute Mark
    After watching for awhile I'm starting to like his Chinese Accent lol.
    Rabbit and Chicken don't mix... he gonna multiply and try to take over Chicken Pet Shop!!

    https://archive.org/details/saturday...-and-the-range

  12. #32
    It's funny how much I remember these episodes.
    Time went fast.
    Nostalgia.

    Nora Dunn is so much better in the skit(s) IMO as Loose Change.

    S12E18 - Mark Harmon
    Suzanne Vega performs "Luka"
    Ching Chang around the 50 minute mark

    https://archive.org/details/saturday...n-suzanne-vega

  13. #33
    Last one and a quick cameo around the 57 minute mark.
    Ching Chang is doing Chinese Food Delivery lol.
    Nobody remembers Jimmy Smits but I guess he was popular enough on LA Law to host SNL.

    https://archive.org/details/saturday...ts-world-party

  14. #34
    Thanks for finding the other episodes Monet. I agree that Love Guru was terrible - I think I made up for it (Wall-E IIRC) by theater hopping after that one was over, as I saw it at a multi-plex. Back then, the logistics of overlapping showtimes wasn't as refined as it is today (and there was often pinball to kill time in the Starcades if needed) in the age of stadium seating.

  15. #35
    Give me the African American Pen, the Negro Pen... The Negro American Pen lol.
    Hand me the Chinese Pen, that Asian Pen... The Yellow Pen!!
    They missed the opportunity with the Red Pen and all the Native American Slurs lol.


  16. #36
    Even Negro, which is NOT an offensive word, just means Black(In Spanish the word for Black is even Negro) has drawn controversy... I remember a Poster on WOV was permanantly nuked soon after calling himself Kneegrows." Posters were wondering why his knee would grow and were SHOCKED when they put two and two together. He didn't last long....
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

    Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.


    Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

    Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.



    Sorry, can't help you, reached my Posting Limit!

  17. #37
    Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    Even Negro, which is NOT an offensive word, just means Black(In Spanish the word for Black is even Negro) has drawn controversy... I remember a Poster on WOV was permanantly nuked soon after calling himself Kneegrows." Posters were wondering why his knee would grow and were SHOCKED when they put two and two together. He didn't last long....
    They would of used the word you hate but they are too scared to push the boundaries.
    Richard Pryor, Chevy Chase and SNL were more edgy in 1975...


  18. #38

  19. #39
    Imagine being the GOAT without even trying

  20. #40
    Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    All the stress and paranoia he constantly goes through, caused him to look 25 years older then his actual age.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2020, 01:08 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-11-2020, 01:05 AM
  3. Mandalay Bay / Delano
    By MisterV in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-25-2018, 03:07 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2017, 06:34 AM
  5. Aria or Mandalay Bay
    By RoeIncarnate in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2015, 01:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •