So to get my brain exercised a bit in prep for football, I played some poker online yesterday. I started with a bounty tournament at 4:30 PM, and finished fifth out of about 365. Then I played a small rebuy/add-on (I never rebuy) sponsored by one of the offshore sports books with about 40 players. I won. By that time, I had drunk so much coffee, I couldn't sleep, so I entered a late night bounty tournament starting at 1 AM eastern. I finished second out of about a hundred players. Three tournaments and a fifth, first, and second. I don't think I've ever done that in back-to-back-to-back tournaments. Three consecutive final tables is tough to do, no matter the opposition.

I won significant underdog hands in the first and third tournaments. I would have cashed in them regardless, but would not have made the final tables. The second tournament, I didn't win any significant underdog hands and actually finished first. But there were only about 40 players.

Well, that was enough poker for the week. And enough coffee. And not enough sleep.