Originally Posted by unJon View Post
Originally Posted by redietz View Post
All you can do is do your own speculative and ballpark math. If you're reasonably healthy, and unvaccinated, the Delta variant probably has a 3% to 4% chance of killing you if you get it.
Say what?? I’ve not seen any reports that Delta has a death rate that many multiples of the other strands. Cite please?
Honestly, I botched that. That is an Over 50 estimate. I'm Over 50, so I tend to orient that way. I should be proof reading my blather better.

I said "probably" because I'm just speculative ballparking, and I'm ballparking high. The reason I do this is that I think we're being fed numbers for what happens to the unvaccinated to motivate people to get vaccinated, so rather than argue against those numbers, I'm hyping them and then continuing various arguments to see if the counter arguments hold up. I hope that makes sense. I give the position counter to mine the strongest numbers, and then try to argue against it anyway.

You're not going to get determinative numbers. For example, everything from a lower to a vastly higher CFR (case fatality rate) has been published. We won't know what the CFR is or was until many months from now. The article I'll mention quoted a 1.9% in a specific country for over 50 for the Delta among unvaccinated. I bumped that up because it is probably an underestimate. Although the case can be made that somewhere like India it may be an overestimate due to fungal infections (not tested for) that occur after the Covid itself, so everything gets lumped as Covid. But the counter to that is that the fungal infections would not have occurred without weakened immune systems due to Covid, so the numbers should stand.

Anyway, the CFR for Delta is going to appear much lower overall because significant portions of the population have been vaccinated. My apologies for using an Over 50 estimate. I am self-centric. Need to proof read against that.

I found this debunking article interesting:

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...y-dan-bongino/