Thread: sitting next to Mr & Mrs Dumb Luck

God bless those who don't know how to play video poker and win with what experienced players will call "dumb luck."

So, Im sitting at a video poker machine and next to me are Mr and Mrs Dumb Luck who are completely clueless when it comes to playing video poker. They were playing a five cent, multi hand game and they were playing the 5-hand version. That's $1.25 for each push of the button, equivalent to a single line 25 cent game.

I couldn't help but notice how they were playing but I kept my mouth shut... except when they won and then I congratulated them. And I congratulated them a lot.

Mrs Dumb Luck started by putting $20 in the machine and was dealt quad tens on the first hand. Good for them!

But the dumb luck didn't show till later. They were playing DDB and they liked suited cards. So when they were dealt an ace, a queen of diamonds and a 3 of diamonds and two more blanks, they didnt hold the ace which is the correct play, they had the queen and three of diamonds and drew flushes.

Dealt a pair of aces and a pair of sixes, they hold both pairs. Remember this is DDB.

Anyway they get lucky a lot, Mr and Mrs Dumb Luck do. that initial $20 kept growing and they cashed out a bit more than $618. So they went off to play the megabucks machine....

Know the feeling. See them holding a pair with a kicker and drawing stuff to make a totally different hand. I'm happy when anyone wins, though.

There were making special plays. I know someone just like them.

Thread Information