Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mdawg revelation

Well now that sort of thing is to be expected on what is "essentially" an UNMODERATED forum.

When the cat's away, the mice will play.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    [
    Yes, one situation has nothing to do with another, however, if someone disagrees with one of your opinions instead of discussing it you rather just call the person ignorant and be done with it.
    What the he'll is there to discuss? MaxPen and monet hijacked two different discussions by posting pictures and details of bathroom remodeling. These are two smart people. It wasn't by accident. It was an intentional act of trolling because they didn't care for the discussion. That is hijacking and trolling on ANY forum. They know it. They should have been called out on it.

Doesn't mean I dislike either MaxPen or Porkchop. And they will probably do the same damn thing with the next thread they don't care for.
    I disagree. They were both accidents

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post

What am I misreading? You are claiming to have his tax filing.
    Nope. I would insert "knowledge of" into your above statement. Otherwise you get into who acquired such infomation and how such information was acquired and I am not involved, nor wish to know details of any of that. I just have knowledege of the information.
    Ok,,, thanks for clearing that up.

The IRS is actually very strict regarding rewards for reporting of underpaid tax by others. This is because they would otherwise be inundated with people trying to freeroll IRS rewards by reporting anything they have a slight suspicion of.

Neighbor seems to be living behind his means? Report to IRS and get paid!

Your best friend banged your wife, and you think he might also be a tax cheat? Report to IRS and get paid!

Read some rumor on the internet that a popular YouTuber isn't paying his fair share? Report to IRS and get paid!

You see how this wouldn't work as intended.

Therefore, the IRS requires direct evidence that there is tax cheating going on, otherwise they won't take action. Otherwise they'd constantly be chasing down false leads.

When will you get a reward?

Your employer is cheating on their taxes. Before quitting, you copy internal documents and send them into the IRS for proof.

You're a chick and find out your asshole husband is fucking his secretary on business trips. To get him back, you go on his computer, copy a bunch of incrimiatng files regarding where he hides his money, and send to the IRS.

Stuff like that.

You can't just report MDawg because he brags to idiots on forums that he's a super duper big winner. Also, the IRS would have to prove that he's really a winner. A valid defense to the IRS would be, "I just like having people on WoV thinking I'm a great gambler, when in reality I lose", and if they can't prove otherwise, you're off the hook.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Understood; without documentation / objective proof, no reward.

But what if your aim isn't to get a reward, but to get someone audited by the IRS?

Would a complaint without proof likely pique their interest enough to warrant an audit?
    Last edited by MisterV; 08-23-2021 at 10:07 AM.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The IRS is actually very strict regarding rewards for reporting of underpaid tax by others. This is because they would otherwise be inundated with people trying to freeroll IRS rewards by reporting anything they have a slight suspicion of.

Neighbor seems to be living behind his means? Report to IRS and get paid!

Your best friend banged your wife, and you think he might also be a tax cheat? Report to IRS and get paid!

Read some rumor on the internet that a popular YouTuber isn't paying his fair share? Report to IRS and get paid!

You see how this wouldn't work as intended.

Therefore, the IRS requires direct evidence that there is tax cheating going on, otherwise they won't take action. Otherwise they'd constantly be chasing down false leads.

When will you get a reward?

Your employer is cheating on their taxes. Before quitting, you copy internal documents and send them into the IRS for proof.

You're a chick and find out your asshole husband is fucking his secretary on business trips. To get him back, you go on his computer, copy a bunch of incrimiatng files regarding where he hides his money, and send to the IRS.

Stuff like that.

You can't just report MDawg because he brags to idiots on forums that he's a super duper big winner. Also, the IRS would have to prove that he's really a winner. A valid defense to the IRS would be, "I just like having people on WoV thinking I'm a great gambler, when in reality I lose", and if they can't prove otherwise, you're off the hook.
    It's hard to comprehend the level of inaccuracies, incompetence, and just sheer stupidity reflected throughout this post.

Thread Information