Thread: Montana Griz 13 Washington 7

Hey, hey, hey. The university was paid 675K to go over to Seattle and take an ass whipping. LOL! If they knocked off number 20 Washington it looks like the Griz are going to be super tough in the FCS this year. Go Griz!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...BJX5-piZyg4kJc
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Hey, hey, hey. The university was paid 675K to go over to Seattle and take an ass whipping. LOL! If they knocked off number 20 Washington it looks like the Griz are going to be super tough in the FCS this year. Go Griz!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...BJX5-piZyg4kJc

And in the East, the SEC's Vanderbilt Commodores shelled out about 400K for the local East Tennessee State squad to make the six hour bus trip to Nashville and kick the Commodores all over the field, 23-3.

The Montana win was a tad more impressive, as the Griz were 24 point underdogs, and ETSU was a +21.

It's not just the point spread, though. Montana is the lower divison, whatever they caall it now....used to be Divison 2?

Plus last years game bewteen the two scools was 63-7. So that is a 62 point turn-around.

I got a tip on the game last week. Not that Montana would win or even cover, but that it would be a low scoring game. I looked at some things, inclding last year's score and dismissed it. That is about the way my football handicapping abilities go.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    It's not just the point spread, though. Montana is the lower divison, whatever they caall it now....used to be Divison 2?

Plus last years game bewteen the two scools was 63-7. So that is a 62 point turn-around.

I got a tip on the game last week. Not that Montana would win or even cover, but that it would be a low scoring game. I looked at some things, inclding last year's score and dismissed it. That is about the way my football handicapping abilities go.

The teams are in 1-AA. Division II is another thing. LOL. You know, there are spreads on most 1-AA games these days. I did pretty well in the spring. The teams are consistent, and coaching staffs don't panic when things during a game or a season go awry. Teams and staffs aren't calling plays to try to win games they cannot win. They try to do what they can do. So, to use kewlJ's phrase, there may be variance in scores, but there is superficially less variance in how teams actually perform because they don't try to do things they can't do. No heroics, in other words. And good coaching.

The Griz have been solid for decades. ETSU made the playoffs three years ago. Wash hammered the Griz last time, which is likely why they got caught with their prep pants down with Michigan on deck. Vanderbilt easily handled ETSU last time, so ditto.

If you like well-coached football with staffs that aren't sweating whether they'll be coaching next year, watch and bet 1-AA. You don't have to worry that half the staff is looking for jobs instead of doing them by mid-October.

Pat on Own back: And guys, you were likely not going to get quite this type of info anywhere else, so I want more raspberry danish and coffee at Caesars when I get to meet you guys in LV.

Griz win easily again and with Cal Poly up next they should continue the winning ways.

While Washington picks themself up from the Griz beating and defeats #3 Ohio State on the road.

That’s why they play the games.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    While Washington picks themself up from the Griz beating and defeats #3 Ohio State on the road.
    C'mon man...get a clue.

Thread Information